Milk. White Top or Orange.

NoshowJones

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Foremost milk the orange top is just ordinary milk,with the fat in,

don't know what other brands are.

regards Worgeordie

So what is the difference between the orange top and the dark blue top?

Just now, BritManToo said:

Foremost ...... a company that makes milk from powder.

Not ordinary milk IMHO.

The was when the Vietnam war was on,and the company was set

up to provide milk to the US armed forces,due to lack of dairy herds

here at the time, this is not the case anymore and the do use fresh

milk provided by dairy farmers,

IMHO, you also stated that Elephants are not indigenous to Thailand

more fake news.

regards Worgeordie

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I buy the Mejii blue top which states "nam non coh 100%" = milk from cow 100%

I take that to mean full fat milk.

Mejii Orange top is skimmed milk.

Thanks, that is the answer I was looking for. Worgeordie says that the orange top has fat in it, I am nowhere

near overweight and never have been, I just want to make sure that I do not put any weight on, but I love milk, and up to now I have been drinking the white top non fat milk.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Thanks, that is the answer I was looking for. Worgeordie says that the orange top has fat in it, I am nowhere

near overweight and never have been, I just want to make sure that I do not put any weight on, but I love milk, and up to now I have been drinking the white top non fat milk.

I don't believe there is any consistency in colour coding between different makes of milk in Thailand.

Worgeordie may well have been right about the Foremost milk colours.

Milk usually states the fat content writ large on the label. The 3 I normally see on supermarket shelves are, 100%, 0% and lactose free. Different to milk classifications in the UK. 100% equates to 4% fat in the UK ergo full fat. 2% was semi skimmed and 1% low fat. 0% is the same, skimmed, zero fat.

I used to buy 1% in the UK but haven't seen it here. Since moving to Thailand I've become fat and self indulgent so  buy 100%. Yummy in a cappuchino.

30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I buy the Mejii blue top which states "nam nom coh 100%" = liquid breast cow 100%

I take that to mean full fat milk.

Never heard that word for cow. I don't read or write Thai but always hear and use something like "wua" for cow. "coh" is a new one for me.

28 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I understand that skimmed milk has very little calories.

Low fat is a relic of the low fat craze. Fat make you feel fuller. With that said milk is a bad choice to not gain weight because it has been engineered to make babies fatter as fast as possible. 

https://time.com/4279538/low-fat-milk-vs-whole-milk/

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's the same price as Mejii, why take the risk?

Unless it's on sale at half price I'll stick to a brand I trust.

I do buy Chiang Mai milk when I see it, as it's cheaper at 85bht.

Each to is own, no complains about that. But the O/P didn't even refer to a brand, yet you arbitrarily decided that in your humble opinion it was made from powder. Why?

30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
34 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Main emphasis being on IMHO! Have you got proof?

It's the same price as Mejii, why take the risk?

As you're the only one to make that claim, and without evidence, there is practically no chance that your assertion is true.   Exactly the same assertion could be made about Meiji and that would carry just as much credibility as your claim about Foremost.

22 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Each to is own, no complains about that. But the O/P didn't even refer to a brand, yet you arbitrarily decided that in your humble opinion it was made from powder. Why?

OP clearly stated Mejii.

WG clearly stated Foremost.

I replied to their posts, about the products they specified.

I don't like Foremost, it tastes funny, doesn't foam for coffee, and I think it's made from powder, you want to use it go ahead. Mejii is what I use, and nearly all of the coffee shops I ever enter, foams well, that's good enough for me.

Although now you've led me onto coffee talk, and I've recently changed to drinking Vietnamese coffee.

Been to Vietnam a lot this year, they give it to you free with breakfast, and I've acquired the taste.

1 spoon of Nescafe red cup in a cup of hot water, add 1/4 inch Carnation condensed milk, it's all I ever drink now.

Archived