Trump wants Senate trial, expects Joe Biden to testify - White House

webfact

Trump wants Senate trial, expects Joe Biden to testify - White House

2019-11-22T004918Z_1_LYNXMPEFAL01Q_RTROPTP_4_USA-TRUMP.JPG

FILE PHOTO: U.S. President Donald Trump adjusts his jacket during a tour of Apple's Mac Pro manufacturing plant in Austin, Texas, U.S., November 20, 2019. REUTERS/Tom Brenner

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump wants an impeachment trial to go forward in the U.S. Senate because he would receive due process there and he expects Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden would be among the witnesses, a White House spokesman said on Thursday.

"President Trump wants to have a trial in the Senate because it’s clearly the only chamber where he can expect fairness and receive due process under the Constitution," spokesman Hogan Gidley said in a statement.

"We would expect to finally hear from witnesses who actually witnessed, and possibly participated in corruption - like Adam Schiff, Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, and the so-called Whistleblower, to name a few," Gidley said, referring to House of Representatives Intelligence Committee Chairman Schiff, who is leading an impeachment inquiry into Trump.

(Reporting by Eric Beech)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-11-22

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More distraction from this little boy who cries wolf , the Senate is mainly Republican and he knows they will cover his <deleted> just to stay in power so lets hope the election will remove this criminal from office .

Ugh! That photo. I'd say they deliberately chose an unflattering photograph of Trump. But the truth is, with his belly ballooning out from stuffing his lazy gut all day and getting no more exercise than what it takes to work his twitterphone, I don't think it's possible to get a flattering picture of that splotchy tub of lard.

1 minute ago, zydeco said:

Ugh! That photo. I'd say they deliberately chose an unflattering photograph of Trump. But the truth is, with his belly ballooning out from stuffing his lazy gut all day and getting no more exercise than what it takes to work his twitterphone, I don't think it's possible to get a flattering picture of that splotchy tub or lard.

You're forgetting he is playing golf almost daily. Oops, didn't he say he would have no time for that anymore?

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

You're forgetting he is playing golf almost daily. Oops, didn't he say he would have no time for that anymore?

He's so busy making the Mexicans pay for that big, beautiful wall he doesn't have time to play golf!

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Another ghastly image: Trump "playing golf." It probably consists of some air conditioned cart the size of a land cruiser dumping his fat butt at each hole, where he doesn't walk any further than it normally takes for him to go to the toilet and squat out a message on twitter.

22 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Another ghastly image: Trump "playing golf." It probably consists of some air conditioned cart the size of a land cruiser dumping his fat butt at each hole, where he doesn't walk any further than it normally takes for him to go to the toilet and squat out a message on twitter.

Such anger and hatred. Clearly one side is terrified of this farce getting to the senate where witnesses selection can not be controlled and weaponized by the dems. And rightly so. As soon as Schiff is dragged up to testify about his coordination with the "whistleblower", his lying about not knowing the whisleblower he coordinated with, and the whistleblower himself being asked about his links to the dem elite, and Biden "son of a bleep he got fired". Oh yes, this will be a classic. No wonder Trump wants this.

1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Such anger and hatred. Clearly one side is terrified of this farce getting to the senate where witnesses selection can not be controlled and weaponized by the dems. And rightly so. As soon as Schiff is dragged up to testify about his coordination with the "whistleblower", his lying about not knowing the whisleblower he coordinated with, and the whistleblower himself being asked about his links to the dem elite, and Biden "son of a bleep he got fired". Oh yes, this will be a classic. No wonder Trump wants this.

How many moons does your planet have?

glory, glory, halleluja the democratic smearsay and hearsay finally be put on trial and their corrupt nature exposed to the public. im missing our democratic prosecutor obviously not much to write.

wbr

roobaa01

You don't get it, obviously!

A bunch of people by now, confirmed, what ever the whistleblower said!

The whistleblower could be Hillary Clinton herself...IT...DOES...NOT...MATTER!

There are a bunch of people (handpicked by Trump, military personal etc) who absolutely confirmed the quid pro quo, the bribery, that is was all orchestrated by Trump and his goons and they all KNEW IT  and knew, what it meant!

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Sure, Trump will be willing to testify. I'll look up to see a flock of flying pigs that day.

His lawyers aren't stupid - the man couldn't stop himself from lying if he tried, and the last thing you do with someone like that is put them under oath. You may recall that in earlier times, lying under oath resulted in another President being impeached. But of course, that was about sexual impropriety between two consenting adults, not something trivial like bribing a foreign government to interfere in US elections.

As to the Whistleblower, US Law protects his anonymity and right to report something illegal that he observed through official channels and that is what he/she did. Compelling him to testify via subpoena would be illegal. 

By all means, let's have Trump testify. But he'd never do it. His bone spurs or some other excuse would prevent it.

1 minute ago, Saint Nick said:

The whistleblower could be Hillary Clinton herself...IT...DOES...NOT...MATTER!

There are a bunch of people (handpicked by Trump, military personal etc) who absolutely confirmed the quid pro quo, the bribery, that is was all orchestrated by Trump and his goons and they all KNEW IT  and knew, what it meant!

nothing but hearsay, no first hand account information only opinions. 

wbr

roobaa01

5 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

A bunch of triggered neverTrumper civil servants that think they know better than the President up on the stand. We have a disappearing whistleblower who was removed from the witch-hunt when his partisan past behavior and political activism was uncovered. We heard 2nd and 3rd hand hearsay. We heard 2nd hand hearsay by one of a bunch of wine drinking diners at a busy restaurant that overheard a mobile conversation on the other side of the table(my favorite!). Assumptions and presumptions. No witness showed any hard evidence that Trump extorted the Ukrainian president. The Ukrainian president said he was not extorted or pressured. There was no conference where the Ukrainian president said he was investigating Biden. The aid money was paid in full. The only real hard evidence were the transcripts that proved there was no extortion. Did I miss anything?

I called it two months ago in some topic. The Dems want a circus...give it to them. And with indictments looming, it will be great. Keep the Dem cadidates there so they cant campaign and show the public what they have been up to.

Poor Baracks historical legacy is going to go down the tubes. 

12 minutes ago, legend49 said:

So why does Biden have to testify what has he done?

Well for one thing, in the hope that he takes 5. His son surely will. So will a whole bunch others.

14 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

nothing but hearsay, no first hand account information only opinions. 

wbr

roobaa01

I must agree, though I am no fan of Trump. All we have learned from most of the witnesses is that Trump's behaviour is not the norm in political and diplomatic circles and that he comes accross as being unpleasant to one degree or another. Didn't everyone know these things already? I haven't heard anything to actually prove what he is being charged with.

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well for one thing, in the hope that he takes 5. His son surely will. So will a whole bunch others.

You do realise that the impeachment is about Trumps quid pro quo, not about Biden's request on behalf of the US government?

8 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

A bunch of triggered neverTrumper civil servants that think they know better than the President up on the stand. We have a disappearing whistleblower who was removed from the witch-hunt when his partisan past behavior and political activism was uncovered. We heard 2nd and 3rd hand hearsay. We heard 2nd hand hearsay by one of a bunch of wine drinking diners at a busy restaurant that overheard a mobile conversation on the other side of the table(my favorite!). Assumptions and presumptions. No witness showed any hard evidence that Trump extorted the Ukrainian president. The Ukrainian president said he was not extorted or pressured. There was no conference where the Ukrainian president said he was investigating Biden. The aid money was paid in full. The only real hard evidence were the transcripts that proved there was no extortion. Did I miss anything?

the dem  smearsay verbal change from quid pro quo to extortion to bribery based on fake media opinion poll.

wbr

roobaa01

1 minute ago, champers said:

I must agree, though I am no fan of Trump. All we have learned from most of the witnesses is that Trump's behaviour is not the norm in political and diplomatic circles and that he comes accross as being unpleasant to one degree or another. Didn't everyone know these things already? I haven't heard anything to actually prove what he is being charged with.

Then you have not been paying attention.

There is no doubt he has done what he is being accused of, but the doubt is whether it is enough to get his Congress impeachment confirmed by the senate..

You do realise that the impeachment is about Trumps quid pro quo, not about Biden's request on behalf of the US government?

how can it be quid pro quo without first hand testimonies ??? or is it bribery based on hearsay ??

wbr

roobaa01

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Well I think they have abandoned Quid Pro Quo, but Bidens actions surely are relevant to the issue of how a President may excersize executive power in international affairs. Maybe they will call Obama to the stand. Talk about the hot mike conversation with Vlad. Oh boy, let it all come out!

The biggest mistake any political party ever made was this impeachment thing. The only benefit they gain is perhaps to distract the electorate from the Durham circus soon to come. 

7 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

Should be great TV.. all Trump's looney conspiracy theories  on display...

What if they arent so looney then?  If you were running the democratic party, would you have taken the chance?

12 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

how can it be quid pro quo without first hand testimonies ??? or is it bribery based on hearsay ??

wbr

roobaa01

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well I think they have abandoned Quid Pro Quo, but Bidens actions surely are relevant to the issue of how a President may excersize executive power in international affairs. Maybe they will call Obama to the stand. Talk about the hot mike conversation with Vlad. Oh boy, let it all come out!

The biggest mistake any political party ever made was this impeachment thing. The only benefit they gain is perhaps to distract the electorate from the Durham circus soon to come. 

The matter at hand has been explained numerous times. There obviously is no point.

Given the posts I've read this is just another "hate Trump" thread so no point trying ask for a rational discussion. This is my only post on this thread. I'll leave the haters to talk to each other.

The matter at hand has been explained numerous times. There obviously is no point.

Of course, you have made up your mind and dont even need a trial. But for the rest of us, it will be great.

Archived