Trump wants Senate trial, expects Joe Biden to testify - White House

webfact

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

I thought all impeachment trials were in the Senate. This is why the Dems should not even bother with pushing the impeachment forward.....they have already made their point that Trump is corrupt, but everyone knew that anyway, and no one now is going to change their minds plus the Senate will vote along party lines meaning he will get off.

That is all true. At least the voters will see if their senators put country or party first. 

It puts the senators on the spot to try and work out if they have enough base to get te elected.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

thats not what the polls are showing. But:

Im skeptical of polls and

We wont know the pulse of the USA until after the holiday. Which in my case, will be a ham sandwhich and a 7-11 Chang!

ham off the bone with mustard. Now i really dont like you. I have to go have one. ????

33 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

If you can liken this to somebody calling the fire department. Then consider they called the fire department and said they were at the local pub drinking wine with their mates, and heard someone at the other end of the table talking on the mobile and thought you heard them say there was a fire. Department asks did the person actually talking on the phone say there is a fire? No. They ask can you smell smoke? No. Can you see a fire? No. Do you feel hot? No. I guess at this stage the fire department starts turning the air blue and hangs up. Which is what the dems would have done when Schiff floated this dreadful plan, had they been sensible.

Except sondland admitted it was true.

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

By Solomon, lol!

A lot of omissions in this timeline, the most interesting (provided the statements by Thelizhenko to Giuliani are reliable) being that Manafort was under official investigation by the FBI at that time.  So there was nothing illegal to try to ask for information on Manafort in the context of an official investigation.

Official investigation = no conspiracy.

"The Justice Department's criminal investigation into Manafort reportedly pre-dates the July launch of the FBI counterintelligence investigation into alleged collusion between Trump campaign officials and Russia.That investigation reportedly launched soon after the deposal of Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich in 2014."

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-paul-manafort-michael-flynn-russia-robert-mueller-turkey-620215

7 hours ago, Tug said:

More threats and distraction I guess if it’s all ya got

Yeah, and all those top Democrats are all so squeaky clean, right?

Remind us, exactly what was Bidden junior's exceptional qualifications that landed him a directorship with a Ukrainian company when his dad was VP?

This ain't gonna end well for the Dems too.

6 minutes ago, Sujo said:

ham off the bone with mustard. Now i really dont like you. I have to go have one. ????

Except sondland admitted it was true.

Sondland and Truth - now there's an oxymoron!

Wonder if he'll change his mind again. Perhaps it was all a dream?

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Yeah, and all those top Democrats are all so squeaky clean, right?

Remind us, exactly what was Bidden junior's exceptional qualifications that landed him a directorship with a Ukrainian company when his dad was VP?

This ain't gonna end well for the Dems too.

What does that have to do with what trump did? Please explain.

Biden was cleared of any wrongdoing.

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

Sondland and Truth - now there's an oxymoron!

Wonder if he'll change his mind again. Perhaps it was all a dream?

He had to change his mind and tell thebtruth because someone else heard the call.

Fiona Hill also confirmed what sondland was doing on direction from trump. Bolton also so concerned he wanted nothing to do with it and told Hill to go to counsel and report it.

More of a nightmare than a dream.

If i ever get charged with something i sure hope some of you guys ate on the jury. I can admit it and you will all be looking elsewhere and not notice.

6 hours ago, zydeco said:

Another ghastly image: Trump "playing golf." It probably consists of some air conditioned cart the size of a land cruiser dumping his fat butt at each hole, where he doesn't walk any further than it normally takes for him to go to the toilet and squat out a message on twitter.

Apparently he's one of the world' greatest cheats - who would have thought Tumpf has problems telling the truth !

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/10-astonishing-claims-from-the-book-detailing-president-trumps-cheating-at-golf

1 minute ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

You are talking about Schiff, Nadar and the rest of the demo-rats, right? They are holding an investigation looking for a crime.

They dont need a crime to impeach. Im sure you knew that.

Even repubs are now offering no defence. They are just saying its not enough to convict.

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

A bunch of triggered neverTrumper civil servants that think they know better than the President up on the stand. We have a disappearing whistleblower who was removed from the witch-hunt when his partisan past behavior and political activism was uncovered. We heard 2nd and 3rd hand hearsay. We heard 2nd hand hearsay by one of a bunch of wine drinking diners at a busy restaurant that overheard a mobile conversation on the other side of the table(my favorite!). Assumptions and presumptions. No witness showed any hard evidence that Trump extorted the Ukrainian president. The Ukrainian president said he was not extorted or pressured. There was no conference where the Ukrainian president said he was investigating Biden. The aid money was paid in full. The only real hard evidence were the transcripts that proved there was no extortion. Did I miss anything?

Yeah you should have written it with crayons and SHOUTY CAPS LOCK...

trump quid pro quo handwritten note

1 minute ago, Laza 45 said:

Yep. Ignore the facts, attack the messenger. No problem, I think that 90% of the media are Democratic operatives so I do the same. Ill see your Solomon and raise you a Maddow.

The best part of all of this is that its all coming out, slowly but surely, its all coming out. You can smell the fear.

Me, Im counting my money from a fabulous market and trying to figure out where to go after Lopburi on Sunday

26 minutes ago, candide said:

By Solomon, lol!

A lot of omissions in this timeline, the most interesting (provided the statements by Thelizhenko to Giuliani are reliable) being that Manafort was under official investigation by the FBI at that time.  So there was nothing illegal to try to ask for information on Manafort in the context of an official investigation.

Official investigation = no conspiracy.

"The Justice Department's criminal investigation into Manafort reportedly pre-dates the July launch of the FBI counterintelligence investigation into alleged collusion between Trump campaign officials and Russia.That investigation reportedly launched soon after the deposal of Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich in 2014."

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-paul-manafort-michael-flynn-russia-robert-mueller-turkey-620215

23 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Guess we are going to find out.

Nice try!

Confirmed by Manafort himself:

"Manafort’s lawsuit provides several new details about the extent to which federal investigators have been looking into his lobbying work outside the U.S.

Manafort, for example, voluntarily met with the DOJ and FBI on July 30, 2014 and “provided a detailed explanation of his activities in Ukraine, including his frequent contact with a number of previous U.S. Ambassadors in Kiev and his efforts to further U.S. objectives in Ukraine on their behalf," the lawsuit says."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/03/paul-manafort-files-lawsuit-against-justice-department-mueller-322285

3 minutes ago, candide said:

Nice try!

Thanks! But no one here is ever going to agree on anything, so lets see some testimony under oath that we can all watch and be jurors on. Everything comes out! No sacred cows!

When you think of how all this has screwed up the country for so long, one has to give credit to the Rooskies. Old Unschlicht of the GPU would be proud. 

Ill publically admit I am wrong if and when someone tells me what crime he has committed,

Why would anyone need to do that? We're talking about impeachment, which does not require a crime. As Lindsey Graham himself said, in reference to impeachment:

"... you don't even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role.

[...]

If a president gets out of bounds, and doesn't do as he or she should do, ... it is up to us to put them back in bounds ...

Because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office."

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump says he ‘wants a Senate trial’, he also said ‘he’d release his taxes’.

He opens his mouth and smelly brown stuff comes out.

Right! No risk he would let Pompeo, Mulvaney, etc... testify under oath and answer questions asked by Dem Senators, lol!

1 minute ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Why would anyone need to do that? We're talking about impeachment, which does not require a crime. As Lindsey Graham himself said, in reference to impeachment:

Naw dude, that was in response to the assertion that Trump is going to be charged and tried after he leaves office.

Thanks! But no one here is ever going to agree on anything, so lets see some testimony under oath that we can all watch and be jurors on. Everything comes out! No sacred cows!

When you think of how all this has screwed up the country for so long, one has to give credit to the Rooskies. Old Unschlicht of the GPU would be proud. 

More obscures references to Russian history. We get it. You've read lots of books about Russian history. Too bad such comments have nought to do with the issue at hand. Pretentious much? 

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Yep. Ignore the facts, attack the messenger. No problem, I think that 90% of the media are Democratic operatives so I do the same. Ill see your Solomon and raise you a Maddow.

The best part of all of this is that its all coming out, slowly but surely, its all coming out. You can smell the fear.

Me, Im counting my money from a fabulous market and trying to figure out where to go after Lopburi on Sunday

If only Solomon would report the facts. The Hill has made unavailable most of his articles about the Ukraine because of his dishonest reporting. When the messenger is demonstrably dishonest, there's nothing wrong in attacking his reliability.

11 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Im sorry. Stop watching MSNBC then and come back to Thailand and chill. Being here is far better than not being here and just spending your time on a Thai related forum to whinge about the Greatest Badger Haired Racoon Eyed Bad Fake Tan Corrupt Villian of All Time.

Come on over to the Pub we can discuss various iterations of Pad Krapow

Florida is pretty nice this time of year, will come to Thailand this spring . but my integrity is not for sale neither here nor there,

Personally I don't think yours is for sale either, in fact I think , as I stated earlier, it's preservation is so strong that you are willing to get into all short of rationalizations so that you don't have to admit that you were wrong and you were had.

trump is a dirtbag , he was a dirtbag back then when I was wall supervisor for the concrete walls at the westside trump towers.

He was a thief  a cheat and a liar  then and he is a thief. a cheat and a liar now. He lied ,cheated and he put under many hard working subcontractors Every time he posted bankruptcies, people did not get paid, even though those subs paid for their workers, material, and union dues.By the time he run for president he was done in the construction industry in the US and was looking for victims in other countries.

That's why he will not release his tax returns. If he did people would clearly see what a fraud he is.

He never thought that he would be elected, he raised all short of conspiracy theories against the establishment in the hope that when he lost, he can monitise  the loss into a republican "reality show" where all the "victims" of the  deep state can join. 

Much to his surprise Hillary lost, he did not win, Hillary Lost, the only one worst than him, lost !

And he continued doing what has worked so well for him in the past .

Archived