Indian man arrested for impersonating pilot 'obtained Lufthansa fake ID card in Thailand'

webfact

Indian man arrested for impersonating pilot 'obtained Lufthansa fake ID card in Thailand'

1pm.jpg

Pictures: ANI

An Indian man who masqueraded as a pilot in order to impress women and get free flight upgrades has been arrested.

Rajan Mahbubani was arrested in Delhi on Monday where he admitted to taking at least 15 flights dressed as a pilot.

He was arrested as he tried to board an Air Asia flight from Delhi to Kolkata.

Police said Mr Mahbubani often got preferential treatment when arriving at check in dressed in a pilot’s uniform. 

Police said his exploits were made possible after he obtained a fake ID card of a Lufthansa pilot in Bangkok.

He was also found to have fake uniform of an army colonel.

Police added that he even boasted of his exploits on social media in a bid to impress women.

Mr Mahbubani regularly enjoyed free upgrades and used the fast track queue reserved for airline staff. 

He was finally caught when Air Asia staff became suspicious and contacted Lufthansa to check the man’s credentials.

"The passenger disclosed that he used to shoot YouTube videos on aviation and had obtained the Lufthansa fake ID card in Bangkok," police said.

"Mahbubani said that he is a frequent traveller and used to dress up as a pilot to gain easy access during security clearance and get preferential treatment from security agencies and airlines," Deputy Commissioner of Police (IGI Airport) Sanjay Bhatia said.

Mahbubani is now in custody facing charges of cheating and impersonating. If convicted he could face a year in prison or a fine, or both.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-22

3 minutes ago, kotsak said:

Ok, he managed to get free upgrades but how about his other objective? Did he get any? ????

Well if he did I hope they hang him. I haven't had any action in ages, so why should anyone else?????

There are a lot of advantages as an airline employee - not means to impersonate anything but when I buy goods in Swampi duty free shop I always approach a Stewardess and ask her politely if she would do me a favor and show her staff batch to the cashier which means 20% discount on all goods. If they do me this favor I offer them to select something for themselves but usually it works without.

19 minutes ago, Prince77 said:

There are a lot of advantages as an airline employee - not means to impersonate anything but when I buy goods in Swampi duty free shop I always approach a Stewardess and ask her politely if she would do me a favor and show her staff batch to the cashier which means 20% discount on all goods. If they do me this favor I offer them to select something for themselves but usually it works without.

So after the 20% discount, you are only paying about 30% of King Power's markup on retail.

Winning!

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He was finally caught when Air Asia staff became suspicious and contacted Lufthansa to check the man’s credentials.

Good job.

Guess there are not many Lufthansa pilots of Indian origin with that perfect Indian accent :biggrin:

4 hours ago, lujanit said:

You can get any fake ID, license on Khao San Road. Cheap too, only a couple of hundred baht.

And they're sold only 300m from the local police station at KS Rd.. 

These ID cards have been sold there since late 80s, but the BIB must be blindsided or the brown envelopes keep coming.. 

Archived