Russian fugitive on four year overstay arrested for working illegally in Pattaya

webfact

Russian fugitive on four year overstay arrested for working illegally in Pattaya

2pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

A Russian man wanted in his homeland on a robbery charge has been arrested in Pattaya.

Police on Thursday arrested the 41 year old man at a boxing gym in the city in Jomtien. 

Police swooped after receiving a tip off that a foreigner had been employed illegally to teach boxing classes. 

An officer was sent undercover to attend one of the classes the Russian man was alleged to have been teaching.

Police say that as well as working without a work permit, the man was on a four year overstay and entered Thailand illegally.

The man, who denied all charges, was arrested and is being held pending further legal proceedings. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-22

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

Police say that as well as working without a work permit, the man was on a four year overstay and entered Thailand illegally.

How can he be on overstay or not have a work permit if he entered illegally and doesn't have a visa ?

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The man, who denied all charges

???????????????????? I am sure that will help. How about on the blacklist forever, and back to boxing ice blocks i Siberia?

Once again a good job well done, and the country is one overstayer lesser.

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

???????????????????? I am sure that will help. How about on the blacklist forever, and back to boxing ice blocks i Siberia?

Once again a good job well done, and the country is one overstayer lesser.

Getting a new passport may no longer be a solution either, considering that they now take your fingerprints and put them on their biometric system?

Bear with me a moment; i think this was at a certain gym that is notorious for steroid selling and using. I checked it out whilst looking for a gym back in January. Afrer touring the facility, the Thai front desk worker was out front smoking something that was either weed or meth. I didn't want to smell it, so left quickly.

11 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Bear with me a moment; i think this was at a certain gym that is notorious for steroid selling and using. I checked it out whilst looking for a gym back in January. Afrer touring the facility, the Thai front desk worker was out front smoking something that was either weed or meth. I didn't want to smell it, so left quickly.

Your point being?

Too many dirt bags running from trouble in their homeland, straight to Pattaya, ....where I call home

I am pleased they caught him, now how about the countless Russian tour joints on Jomtien Beach road with 1 person working (never a Thai)

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

This guy must be all mussels and no brain, a fugitive from justice, long, long overstay AND working for all to see and dobb hin in, smart guy he isn't that's for sure...

If he is all mussels he should have clammed up. ????????

3 hours ago, soistalker said:

And with that you say what? Meaning what? 

Archived