Super easy healthy(ish) no knead bread

Xriz

Inspired by a bread topic from another user I thought I would share my super easy and really tasty bread recipe.

Total work time less then 20 minutes.
Start to finish less then 4 hours.

In a bowl add:
3 cups bread flour
1 cup whole weat flour
4 tablespoons milk powder
6-7 gr (big teaspoon) instant yeast
Little over 1/2 teaspoon salt
Stir to combine

Add:
1 1/2 cup of water (room temperature)
Mix for 5 minutes

I use a mixing machine, but you can also mix with a wooden spoon, double the mixing time to 10 minutes.

Let it rest for 5 minutes

Add:
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds

1 table spoons sesame seeds
Mix for another 5 minutes (Add water or dough by the teaspoon if to dry or to wet)

Double the time if you mix with a spoon.

Cover and let it rest until it's more then doubled in size. Usually I let it sit 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Punch the dough down a little and scrape it out in to a bread pan covered in parchment paper. (Easy to clean and the bread comes out easy every time)
Shape lightly to fit the pan.
Sprinkle with some bread flour to get a rustic bread look.

Cover and let it rest until doubled in size again. Around 90 minutes

OPTIONAL (I actually don't do this anymore because it made no difference for my bread)
Scorch the top lengthwise in the middle with scissors in a snipping motion. (Much easier then a knife)

Bake for 30 minutes at 180c. in a preheated oven. My toaster oven gets really hot so I preheat at 180c. but I bake at 160c.

I preheat the oven with a baking tray (or pizza stone) inside at the bottom. Put the bread pan on the baking tray when you start baking so that the bottom of the bread gets a nice browning aswell.

You can start slicing after about 30 minutes. I only slice what I will eat. The rest of the bread goes in the fridge wrapped in a kitchen towel.

Every day I take it out the fridge, cut a couple slices and microwave them for 15 seconds.

The bread last for about 5 days this way.

Some pictures and a badly shot video for your viewing pleasure.

Happy eating!

20191111_221545.jpg

20191111_221843.jpg

20191111_224317.jpg

Archived