Bigger cause of expats leaving...

What will cause more expats over age 50 to exit?  

400 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, glegolo said:

In my experience and among those I know here, there are hardly anyone on a O-A-VISA.. So obviously it is not that easy to predict that one, is it??

glegolo

Right, but if you had ever practically camped out at CM I'll for an extension, you would know many are extending OAs, and quite a few are married to a Thai, but very recently, it was still considered easier to be on OA extension vs marriage extension.  Even though it involved an extra 400k in the bank.

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lkv said:

I can tell you something else. That scenario of "i'm 49 now and I can't wait to hit 50 so that it becomes easier" will be encountered less and less.

New "retirees" would have to have serious mental issues, to start from zero under the current regulations.

And I voted B, reason: scam.

I am looking at 36k per year with Falcon..waiting to hear from them on possible deductibles.  It is 800k coverage.

5 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

If you don't actually need the benefits, you can buy a policy with a 300,000k deductible for about half price.

I noticed that in the other threads.  Is that the case with Falcon?  So far, after browsing through, they are too contenders for me..in the mis 50s.

12 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

It does seem to point to everyone over 50, but have they clamped down on it? OA and based on retirement, and the other day someone said ME O was hit up. I think same as you as the grab for insurance money will not be selective in a short time to come. The idiotic other thing is that they want to see the insurance dates match up with the visa or renewal dates and this is going to be virtually impossible to do. 

I renew in Nonthaburi, and have every reason to believe I will need to show the policy.