Bigger cause of expats leaving...

What will cause more expats over age 50 to exit?  

400 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Trolleen said:

Don,t yo?u see that people are leaving. Tourist come to your vietnam and Cambodia?

It's a sensible plan to shift your required retirement funds to the Elite Visa. No sensible Farang at the age of 80 is going to uproot himself to move to yet another country. 

16 minutes ago, Trolleen said:

Don,t yo?u see that people are leaving. Tourist come to your vietnam and Cambodia?

Where did you see that? :ermm:  Give us some source and figures please.

Yes, we may have read a very few cases of expats leaving for a nearby country, but how many new expats arrived in Thailand in the same period? Lot of more IMHO.

Yes some arrived because they do not know anything yet. But few build a houses. Anyway Thailand will be not hurt in 0.01procent if everyone of expert live. It is No money to consider in comparison with economy. If tourism will die that's create big problems for everyone. Including the experts who dedicare to end their life in Thailand

27 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

It's a sensible plan to shift your required retirement funds to the Elite Visa. No sensible Farang at the age of 80 is going to uproot himself to move to yet another country. 

13 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Where did you see that? :ermm:  Give us some source and figures please.

Yes, we may have read a very few cases of expats leaving for a nearby country, but how many new expats arrived in Thailand in the same period? Lot of more IMHO.

Many of people I know move there. Not 80'years old man.

Advantages:

1. Good immigration rules. Visa no problem.

2. Friendly government. No racism. Done not matter If you farang or Vietnamese.

3. Good prices on food, .......

4. Beautiful nature

5. Not much pollution.

6.Not much cars.

Much more.

Disadvantaged

1. Thailand have better health care. No good for old man.

2. To much  Tourists. No much place for experts to live peacefully.

4 minutes ago, Trolleen said:

Many of people I know move there. //

Sorry but nobody will take that as a proof that expats are leaving. :tongue: 

I could say the opposite and it would be worthless too: My condo is mainly owned by farangs. It was like that 20 years ago and is still like that today. I didn't heard of anyone here leaving for a nearby country. 

BTW the rest of your post looks like an ad from TOV : Tourism authority of Vietnam :whistling:

I live the country. I stay 6 months in and 6 months out for work.

I spend 1 months 100.000 baht = 6 months 600.000 = 10 years= 6.000.000

House , car, motobikes 10years= 7.000.000.

Support Thai wife 6 months = basic 60.000= 10 years= 600.000 + more.

Minimum 10 year 13.600.000. It makes per year 1.360.000.  It minimum it's I remember.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Who accussed you of scaremongering? But in general would you agree there is a lot negativity,  rumour mongering, complaints, falsehood, inaccuracy etc sometimes on this forum?

There has always been an unnecessary push towards agents on the forum.  Kind of like people invested with Bernie Madoff, or even runner Alan Hall from CMEC..who was unlicensed,.their favorite thing to discuss, kind of a status symbol...they almost fueled the problems in CM, and possibly Jomtien, but I have no personal experience there.  The TM30 thing has turned into gloom, doom, and negativity...but that is highly curable by moving.  They even told me to register online last time I did it.