Bigger cause of expats leaving...

What will cause more expats over age 50 to exit?  

400 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 11/22/2019 at 4:34 PM, glegolo said:

I think that the most strong reason is and will be lack of knowledge how to navigate in life for many guys. I dont think that there is especially much people on Non Immigrant O-A, and those who are, can go and change to a VISA "O" instead.....

If based on retirement, only if they have 800k baht deposited in a Thai bank, there isn't a monthly income option.

Edited by blackcab
Bold font removed. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Can I buy one with a 400k deductible for 10K?

1. Maximum deductible is 300k

2. No policy is that cheap.  With PC 300K deductible and their lowest cost plan (which also means lowest cover)  around 26K at age 61-65, more at higher ages.

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Backs up your poor credentials. You start post, mostly poorly informed, then spit dummy.

You cannot reply to questions mainly due to lack of credible posts about requirements for recent extensions. Based on long expired O-A entries.

Check your bottle bottoms..you seem to have overlooked a 95 page thread on this exact matter.  

Edited by moontang
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

1. Maximum deductible is 300k

2. No policy is that cheap.  With PC 300K deductible and their lowest cost plan (which also means lowest cover)  around 26K at age 61-65, more at higher ages.

Is that the max with PC, or per immigration rules?  PC does not offer the best value from what I have seen, but that may be different for older folks.  My brother is paying 700 usd per month with a 7500 deductible on an Obama plan, at under 60.

Edited by moontang

2 hours ago, moontang said:

That loophole will likely be closed soon.  I would think half of retirees, not married, are on OA and extensions of OA.  Was clearly the easier way starting out.

what loophole are you talking about ?   please explain

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, moontang said:

My brother is paying 700 usd per month with a 7500 deductible on an Obama plan, at under 60.

Really ???   700  usd PER MONTH ?    this is a serious question 

18 minutes ago, moontang said:

Check your bottle bottoms..you seem to have overlooked a 95 page thread on this exact matter.  

And how many actual extensions applications have been reported rejected. You stated early in your thread that O-A were accounting for "half" of extensions based on retirement. My guess less than 10-20%.

In any event where are the actual reports. You would imagine heaps given the insurance gig started 21 days ago.

Edited by DrJack54

In my small little world I know about 20 expats who live here permanently all aged between 50 and 75. Whilst we have discussed  800k and health insurance not one of us has considered leaving.

I am pretty sure I am the only one who is on an O/A so that represents 5%.

With all it’s almost daily surprises I love Thailand and it’s better the devil you know.

Au revoir losers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1. What do you think will cause more expats over age 50 to move out of Thailand?

The requirement to have 800k in a Thai bank?

The requirement to purchase health coverage from their list of specific vendors?

Well of course it'll be the health insurance requirement - the ones who can't afford THB 800k are already gone.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, david555 said:

The only logical thing against your expectations for non "O" . is that non "O" already must keep 450 000Baht on bank not usable , how …. well 5months 800K and 7 month's 400k  put it together and over the whole year a 450 000 is blocked for free use …. strange enough same as the insurance , so if insurance also enforced non "O" is double punished 

I make that 566,666.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Thanks 1