BANGKOK
moontang

Bigger cause of expats leaving...

What will cause more expats over age 50 to exit?  

400 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, moontang said:

My brother is paying 700 usd per month with a 7500 deductible on an Obama plan, at under 60.

Really ???   700  usd PER MONTH ?    this is a serious question 

18 minutes ago, moontang said:

Check your bottle bottoms..you seem to have overlooked a 95 page thread on this exact matter.  

And how many actual extensions applications have been reported rejected. You stated early in your thread that O-A were accounting for "half" of extensions based on retirement. My guess less than 10-20%.

In any event where are the actual reports. You would imagine heaps given the insurance gig started 21 days ago.

Edited by DrJack54

2 minutes ago, rumak said:

Really ???   700  usd PER MONTH ?    this is a serious question 

Yes, in the USA health insurance can cost that much and much, much more.

• Like 2

In my small little world I know about 20 expats who live here permanently all aged between 50 and 75. Whilst we have discussed  800k and health insurance not one of us has considered leaving.

I am pretty sure I am the only one who is on an O/A so that represents 5%.

With all it’s almost daily surprises I love Thailand and it’s better the devil you know.

Au revoir losers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1. What do you think will cause more expats over age 50 to move out of Thailand?

The requirement to have 800k in a Thai bank?

The requirement to purchase health coverage from their list of specific vendors?

Well of course it'll be the health insurance requirement - the ones who can't afford THB 800k are already gone.

• Like 2