Some 7-11 branches to implement 'no plastic bags' policy from Nov 25

snoop1130

1 hour ago, HHTel said:

With more than 127 countries banning/restricting the use of plastic bags, that's one hell of a scam!!  So more than half the world population are deemed idiots according to you.

Can't be a scam so must be global hysteria!!!???

I would say more than a half of population are idiots .... just IMAO

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

the  7/11 bags and others from the supermarkets can be sealed perfectly .  . . when used in a small bin in the kitchen, and the bag is full, you just have to knot the two handle ends together and it is airtight sealed.

If you got trash that is a bit heavy . . I use TWO bags together.

Never done?  Try it at home !

Gee! An air-tight seal with a hand loop bag! Never heard of that. Don't put one over your or someone else's head by accident!

Gee (again)! Using two nested bags - never heard of that either. So I guess you're the TVF plastic bag expert, then? What do you do about the bags under your eyes from lack of sleep you got dreaming up this absolutely priceless info? Oh! You say you WERE asleep at the time?:stoner:

On 11/29/2019 at 6:45 AM, MaxYakov said:

Gee! An air-tight seal with a hand loop bag! Never heard of that. 

i put a knot into the 7/11 plastic bag yesterday evening. Today at 3 in the afternoon the air that was trapped inside, and makes the bag a bit balloon shaped, is still inside!

I will donate it to Pattaya's "RIPLEY SHOW Believe it or not"  for everybody to end up in "seeing and believing" ????????

34 minutes ago, crazygreg44 said:

i put a knot into the 7/11 plastic bag yesterday evening. Today at 3 in the afternoon the air that was trapped inside, and makes the bag a bit balloon shaped, is still inside!

I will donate it to Pattaya's "RIPLEY SHOW Believe it or not"  for everybody to end up in "seeing and believing" ????????

The entire content of the comment you are replying to (which you so kindly edited):

Gee! An air-tight seal with a hand loop bag! Never heard of that. Don't put one over your or someone else's head by accident!

Gee (again)! Using two nested bags - never heard of that either. So I guess you're the TVF plastic bag expert, then? What do you do about the bags under your eyes from lack of sleep you got dreaming up this absolutely priceless info? Oh! You say you WERE asleep at the time?:stoner:

Wow! Thanks Mr. Science! Why don't you fill them with H2 (He is too expensive), add a string and sell them on the street for 100 baht then we could really get the plastic bag pollution escalated? I advise you to get a work visa, if you don't have one, before attempting this in Thailand.

On 11/29/2019 at 4:43 AM, fforest1 said:

Its not rocket science....

The best thing you can do is never ever take your own bag....If you take your own bag this only encourages them and their dumb plan....

If they dont have plastic bags for you start talking louder....Threaten to leave your purchase on the counter and walk out....Shamelessly hold up the line (like the Indians are so good at doing) with the no plastic bag problem until you get some results...lol....Remember guys dont be in a hurry you have all day to stand there and make a scene.....If your making the employees and other customers uncomfortable then this means your doing it right.......  

Only pay for plastic bags as a last resort remember they should be free...

Also remember your not only doing this for yourself your taking one for the team....Stand strong and have fun....

Words totally fail me when reading about an attitude like this!!

On 11/29/2019 at 10:33 AM, crazygreg44 said:

the  7/11 bags and others from the supermarkets can be sealed perfectly .  . . when used in a small bin in the kitchen, and the bag is full, you just have to knot the two handle ends together and it is airtight sealed.

If you got trash that is a bit heavy . . I use TWO bags together.

Never done?  Try it at home !

This is the only truth and people buying bin bags are idiots.

If it was not made to make more money, all shops would be forced to only use biodegradable bags, but no, they prefer that we BUY something else instead of paying more for eco bags...

People who follow this scam are plain idiots, and it seems to mean millions of people around the world...

On 11/29/2019 at 11:30 AM, HHTel said:

With more than 127 countries banning/restricting the use of plastic bags, that's one hell of a scam!!  So more than half the world population are deemed idiots according to you.

Can't be a scam so must be global hysteria!!!???

Clearly ! And sorry for you if you are one of them.

On 11/28/2019 at 10:37 PM, MaxYakov said:

Yes, Thanks. And there are other differences between the single-use bags that stores give out for taking purchases home. People such as user gamesgplayemail and probably others don't understand that those common "take home, hand-loop" bags are not as useful for bin trash as those bags specifically designed for containing trash that have to be purchased. For one thing, they cannot be sealed as tightly unless a twisted seal-wire is used. If it is, their available volume is probably reduced (although the hand loops are useful for carrying them).

I have two flip-lid trash containers that are too large for the typical medium-sized "take home, hand-loop" bag. The 18 x 20 inch trash bags fit these flip-lid containers perfectly. I used "take home, hand-loop" bags for years in a few smaller trash bins, but have essentially stopped using them for my volume trash - so I don't have a big need nowadays for the "take home, hand-loop" bags. I have to say though that my purchased, 18 x 20 inch bags seem to me to be quite thin, even thinner than the "take home, hand-loop" bash, but maybe it's me. I have special needs for even larger, and noticeably thicker bags as well (but that's another story)

Plus, I shop using a bicycle with two panniers (saddle bags) on it and can simply carry a shopping basket (or simply hand-carry or use my on-person take home, hand-loop bags) to take purchased items to the bicycle.

do you live in Thailand?  I started to doubt it. You seem not to know what is going on in this country.

can you show me just one example of a "biodegradable" bin bag ?  Even if the bag itself is biodegradable, what utter <deleted> it is when my bin bag already falls apart in my kitchen container? And what about its contents, are they biodegradable too, once my lovely bio bags gets dumped in the city dump? Oh my, it will fall apart into lovely naturalpieces of compost, but the contents will still be there. You support the use of biodegradable shopping bags?  This will force people to buy non-biodegradable bin bags made of plastic, because the bio ones can't be used for binning the trash.  You sound like the "Rat king" . . one rat bites the other's tail and no end in sight. You wonderful ideas will cause even more havoc.

do you see any win-win situation?   Guess nobody will see any of that.

This world is full of dreamers, let's start to face reality, not what you fancy and have thought up in your wildest of dreams

For Thailand the answer lies in a reliable country-wide regular trash collection and in building state-of-the-art  incinerators in just every place.  Start to equip public places with trash bins and teach people to USE THEM. Thailand currently doesn't have only a handful of incinerators . .how do you expect this country to move just one step forward, when 80% of its populace throw their trash into road ditches or burn it during solemn mornings in front of everybody's nose

Do you really live in Thailand and have you ever enjoyed the smell of smoldering plastic early in the morning while you're still not got up out of your bed?

I loved those mornings ???? . . . I moved!

9 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

This is the only truth and people buying bin bags are idiots.

If it was not made to make more money, all shops would be forced to only use biodegradable bags, but no, they prefer that we BUY something else instead of paying more for eco bags...

People who follow this scam are plain idiots, and it seems to mean millions of people around the world...

Unfortunately most of the posts on this thread are from guys who are tripping over each other to see who can be greenest of the green cloth bag carrying greenie with-out putting any thought into whats behind the whole anti plastic bag thing......

17 hours ago, worrab said:

Words totally fail me when reading about an attitude like this!!

The words that should come to mind are ALPHA MALE. Take notes. He knows what he wants and doesn’t accept an alternative. He wants bags.... he gets bags. The end.

19 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

Why don't you fill them with H2 (He is too expensive), add a string and sell them on the street for 100 baht then we could really get the plastic bag pollution escalated? I advise you to get a work visa, if you don't have one, before attempting this in Thailand.

I like your style. 

Archived