BANGKOK
Clernix

Just met a girl is the start of many stories

Were they all wearing the same uniform at her massage parlor or were they in street clothes?  Uniforms usually mean no extras (but not always from what I hear).

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Clernix said:

I know there are a million different stories ,experiences and outcomes. I just want to hear some.

Everyone is an individual. Keep your eyes wide open, use common sense, trust but verify.

There are "success" stories concerning marriages/families with "dancers/bar girls/masseuses/etc." Good stories don't sell newspapers and just how close do you need to get with an acquaintance/friend for them to admit their past?

Proceed with caution - Good Luck.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

You may well have met a DECENT girl if she refused the 'extra' services

She may well have met an INDECENT man if he requested the 'extra' services

That's probably on the mark. Indecent would describe me. 

Thanks guys for the harsh answers as well as good advice. I guess in the end I am just some stupid tourist that met a girl in a massage parlor. Back at home having Asian dreams trying to come back to the reality of 9-5.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Clernix said:

So obviously a Thai women would love to get to the U.S. ( i am assuming this to be true).

No, they just want a man with money, and men in the US or Europe have more money, so they say they want to stay there.

If you ask a Thai who has money, most will say they want to stay in Thailand. The ones who go to a foreign country understand after a while that money is not everything and want to go back to Thailand.

42 minutes ago, Clernix said:

What are the odds she would stick around once she got? Is the experience like the horror stories you hear about Russian brides? She is older apx 42 according to her. I am older than that so I don't think that is a bad thing. She is very sweet. 

Her primary motivation is financial security. This doesn't mean she won't love you, but it will be difficult for you to tell if her feelings for you are real or if she is just acting to get money out of you.

Without you she will work as a masseuse until she is too old, then she will go back to her village and hope her children send her enough money every month. By playing your wife she can have a much better life than this, so there is quite some motivation to do it.

Do what's sensible, date her for a few months, move in together, and if you still like each other after a few years you can think about getting married.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clernix said:

She is older apx 42 according to her.

Let's assume she's provided sexual services for 5 guys a day, 6 days a week for the past 22 years .........

Are you OK with that?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, androokery said:

Let's assume I had sex with 5 women a day, 6 days a week for the past 22 years......
Would I still be interested in another woman?

You have far more stamina than me, I only managed that for my first two weeks in Thailand.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

She sounds like a great girl, you should definitely marry her and take her home with you. Prostitutes need love too!

And how did you get the knowledge about that the OP are talking about a prostitute? Do not talk about things you know nothing about.

59 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Any beer bar or go,go bar would be a good place to start,the vast majority of the girls working in them don,t like thai men and are only working in pattaya to support their families in issaan.when you do find the girl of your dreams she will obviously want" looking after"this means sending a sum of money over weekly and extra for family emergencies which appear to happen frequently,the thai girls even have a word for this it's called sponsoring,well good luck ( you,'re going to need it )

And you are talking about what? Is it anything in your post that has to do with this subject or thread? No need! The answer is NO!

21 minutes ago, Clernix said:

Thanks guys for the harsh answers as well as good advice. I guess in the end I am just some stupid tourist that met a girl in a massage parlor. Back at home having Asian dreams trying to come back to the reality of 9-5.

I understand you. Coming to Asia, takes it´s toll on people. Especially single ones, like I once was. However, that she refused to make you happy at work, is a good thing. I would actually go see what it is and find out more. Of course, be on your watch for any obvious signs, but you might also be lucky.

Too me it does not sound all to bad.