Just met a girl is the start of many stories

Clernix

Although quite funny, you should ignore most of the negative comments here and follow your heart.

I met my Thai wife 10 years ago and although all logic said it would properly not work out, we have both been happy ever since.

You only live once and if you never try taking some chances, you might regret it later.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My advice is that you are the only one who can decide what it is you want to do. However saying that don't over commit too soon.

I came to Thailand for a holiday nearly 20 years ago met a girl and we are still together today.

I tell people that at the time I was in lust and she (I believe) seen an opportunity for perhaps a better life anyway it has worked out well for both of us.

I think the main thing I did was get her to come to my home country as a tourist for 3 months to stay with me when I was in my work environment not in the holiday mode. It was an eye opener for her and she realised that while it might have appeared that I had money to spare on holiday at home I was not a "rich" man.

We have now been married for over 17 years and get along fine even though I am now retired and at home all the time. 

Archived