BANGKOK

Educationally both seem great, we like IB for 11 and 12 grade and happy with either British or ib for lower grades.

Commute to Patana from around Ekkamai or Thong Lor doesnt seem bad although obviously nist closer.

For us, the key is pastoral care and support and which is better. And that's hard to assess.

Does anyone have any experience or input?

Thanks.

NIST is American and Pattana British curriculum. I'd think that would drive a big part of your decision. I've met teachers from both schools and was impressed. The NIST elementary teachers really sharp and creative. I've known a few parents with kids at NIST. Were very happy. Cannot really comment on pastoral services, positions, quality or quantity of services.

Edited by Number 6

Actually nist is IB throughout and Patana british with some ib up to 10th grade and also IB in 11th and 12th grade for the diploma programme.

I'm happy with ib or british for middle and primary years and ib for diploma (rather than a levels). So both schooks could work for us curriculum wise.

NIST for me. The location and facilities are fantastic. 

• Like 1

Before people move too far away from your actual question by discussing things like facilities and location, the pastoral care and support at Patana we've seen over the past three years with our son's classes has been very good (he started in nursery).  The school seems to put extra effort into making new students and their parents feel welcome.  It is a very big school and can feel overwhelming at times, but the school seems to recognize that and does a great job.  The few times I take the bus with my son to the school has shown me that the students seem to enjoy each others' company and they get along well (much more different from the sullen rides in the school bus I remember as a kid).  The staff keep a close eye on this as well, including bus monitors.  My guess is that NIST is just as attentive (no complaints about pastoral care and support from the few parents I know with kids there), so you really can't make a bad choice based on your criteria.