BANGKOK
rooster59

German tourist killed, struck by parasail speedboat propeller, off Kamala

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

submerged means not visible.... could it be once hit by the propeller, pop up and became visible

Or maybe the swimmer saw the boat coming towards him and tried (unsuccessfully) to submerge himself in order to escape injury or death... and maybe the boat operator saw the swimmer dive down and figured that he need not divert (since the swimmer has already been submerged).  TIT

• Like 1

i assumed areas roped off for safety,if not the case the boat driver should pay towards the family as it would happen if it was a thai person died.caused by a farang.going to get nasty this case

11 hours ago, steelepulse said:

I agree.  Why do these clowns get the right to operate off of popular beaches?  

Because they tip the right people. Is today your first day sonny??

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

quite surprised, with so much bad publicity about Thailand scums, accidents, rapes, etc., and yet westerners still come. Appear to have Chinese for now,  maybe they (also) heard the bad news

I think its about two years back now, the Chinese tourist who landed in Phuket airport and managed to drown only an hour later.  Those stories don't seem to effect Chinese tourists.  No one thinks it will happen to them then they avoid all warnings and good sense and swim under a boat.  At 63 you should be smarter than that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

At 63 you should be smarter than that.

Unless it was done intentionally...  in which case he was successful.

Edited by MeePeeMai

So, I have read two separate opinions here (and in the article) about the roped off area. 1) Is it the ONLY valid (legal) swimming area at Kamala Beach, or 2) Is it only a no go area for boats and the rest of the water is a no man's land (swim at your own risk), hoping a boat driver sees you?

14 hours ago, madmen said:

Did you even read the full article? 

"Mr Prock was swimming outside the designated swimming zone" 

Anyone swimming, snorkeling or diving "outside the designated swimming zone" is fair game! No fine. He had it coming. RIP. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Tell me why everyone has to act like Thailand is robbing me without giving anything back? What are that kind of people still doing here?

Lol.... I can’t answer for everyone. I’m sure there are many reasons.... for me it’s because I’m involved in a multi year legal battle with a Thai who is attempting to defraud me of a lot of money.

14 hours ago, fruitman said:

Now the boat driver has to pay 10 million to the family of the german tourist.

Why?

The tourist was not swimming in the "safe" area but outside in the area where boats operate.

If it was the other way around and he was swimming in the safe area when he was hit by the boat then I agree with you.

But he wasn't.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Stokakrishna said:

So they blame the tourist...

Typical Thailand

Nothing to with being a tourist or what country it was in , if the guy went out the designated zone , he must take some of the blame

• Like 1

18 hours ago, madmen said:

Did you even read the full article? 

Are you insinuating that there was no blame at all on the part of the speedboat captain.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Mr Abhisit told police that Mr Prock was submerged, causing him to not see the tourist in the water.

Yeah, cause he was

What else would he be expected to say. Was there a lookout on the bow of the boat, knowing that there would be a chance of someone in the water.

• Like 2