Trump accuses impeachment witness of lying, defends use of Giuliani

rooster59

" When you're dealing with a corrupt country..........and you hear it's a corrupt country"

........and broadcast to the Ukraine (and the rest of the world) what you thought of the Ukraine and what your envoy said about them, in a desperate, scattergun, totally self serving attempt to save your orange hide.

Who needs Snowden and Wikileaks?

You couldn't make it up.

You really couldn't.

13 hours ago, sirineou said:

why do they even post these articles? Of Course trump says they are lying, what else will he say?  

MRDA.

MRDA, an abbreviation for Mandy Rice-Davies Applies, is Internet slang meaning "well they would say that, wouldn't they?" It is used to indicate scepticism of a claim due to the obvious bias of the person making the claim.

35 minutes ago, Enoon said:

" When you're dealing with a corrupt country..........and you hear it's a corrupt country"

........and broadcast to the Ukraine (and the rest of the world) what you thought of the Ukraine and what your envoy said about them, in a desperate, scattergun, totally self serving attempt to save your orange hide.

Who needs Snowden and Wikileaks?

You couldn't make it up.

You really couldn't.

Trump can and does on a daily basis.

45 minutes ago, billd766 said:

MRDA.

MRDA, an abbreviation for Mandy Rice-Davies Applies, is Internet slang meaning "well they would say that, wouldn't they?" It is used to indicate scepticism of a claim due to the obvious bias of the person making the claim.

Lol... good one. I had to goggle that;

“While giving evidence at Ward's trial, Rice-Davies made a famous riposte. When James Burge, the defence counsel, pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her, she dismissed the denial by stating, "Well (giggle) he would, wouldn’t he?"[9] (often misquoted "Well he would say that, wouldn't he?").[10] By 1979, this phrase had entered the third edition of the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations, and is occasionally referred to with the abbreviation MRDA ("Mandy Rice-Davies applies").[11]

15 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Democrats also are looking into whether Trump abused his power by withholding $391 million in security aid to Ukraine as leverage to pressure Kiev into digging up dirt on his political adversaries.

It's not only a possible abuse of power but possible violation of federal law in addition to three criminal violations (bribery, misappropriation of federal funds and soliciting campaign help from a foreign government) mentioned by various news media.

The Budget Control Impoundment Act of 1974, in particular, 31 U.S.C § 1512(c)(1) states that OMB can use its apportionment or reapportionment power only:

• (A) to provide for contingencies;
  • (B) to achieve savings made possible by or through changes in requirements or greater efficiency of operations; or
  • (C) as specifically provided by law.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/role-omb-withholding-ukrainian-aid

Additionally, 2 U.S.C. § 683(b) requires that the allocated money be spent for its originally designated purpose unless Congress passes a bill rescinding the funding within 45 days after the president’s message to Congress stating: 

• (1) the amount of budget authority which he proposes to be rescinded or which is to be so reserved;
  • (2) any account, department, or establishment of the Government to which such budget authority is available for obligation, and the specific project or governmental functions involved;
  • (3) the reasons why the budget authority should be rescinded or is to be so reserved;
  • (4) to the maximum extent practicable, the estimated fiscal, economic, and budgetary effect of the proposed rescission or of the reservation; and
  • (5) all facts, circumstances, and considerations relating to or bearing upon the proposed rescission or the reservation and the decision to effect the proposed rescission or the reservation, and to the maximum extent practicable, the estimated effect of the proposed rescission or the reservation upon the objects, purposes, and programs for which the budget authority is provided.

Trump did not contact Congress of his intent to delay the funding. In essence he treated taxpayer's funds as his own.

18 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Yes, everyone else is a liar. Trump has NEVER lied or done anything wrong; he is just misunderstood.

Cry Cry

Wah Wah

Sob Sob

What a whiny, whiny baby.

I have both friends and family who are American, and I am deeply embarrassed for them. Trump is turning the US's credibility and honour into the equivalent of a dumpster fire

It is a sad, sad thing to watch.

Thanks for feeling sympathetic-I just want him to lose everything ???????? Children are more adult than him ????

16 hours ago, Becker said:

He's so believable!

Link: At least 18 false claims in Trump's 'Fox & Friends' interview

"The President ranted dishonestly for much of his 53-minute interview with his favorite morning show"

Meanwhile:

Link: Trump keeps doing favors for Putin

I'm hoping every day when I start my PC to learn that the McD diet finally has worked its magic. The traitor really has to go.

You and billions of others 

Looks like one of Trump's piglet, Devin Nunes, has jumped back into the pigpen with him, he's been there before,  by meeting with the fired Ukrainian prosecutor to try to dig dirt up on Biden with the help of Lez Parnas, the indicted co-conspirator of Giuliani.  IMHO, if he did, he should have recused himself from the Intelligence committee hearings.  If this was a House of Cards script the show would have gone tits up long ago as nobody would ever think that a President of the US could be this corrupt.  Giuliani said on an interview this morning that Trump would never throw him under the bus because he has "insurance".  I doubt that he means "health insurance", but if I were him I'd be sure that my life insurance was paid up so at least his family will benefit. He shoulkd remember that is is dealing with a psyghopath that truly believes that he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and still get re-elected!

I have two comments.

First, pushing the Burisma, Biden <deleted> was the GOP's last best chance to re-elect our current Russian president.  They desperately needed a new "lock her up" line for their base.

Second, I believe they actually exist and am hoping that the pee pee tapes are released before I die.  We deserve a good laugh.

23 hours ago, pegman said:

That country is in free fall. Don't  expect anything of substance done about all this. Bush the Younger started an illegal war which killed 100,000's but walks free today. Wall St banksters nearly took down the world economy and none were even charged. Then they preach morals to the rest of us. The more Trump withdraws the USA into it's cocoon the better for all.

The American Empire is dead. All hail the Chinese Empire... The Russian Empire..... The Empire of Iran.

7 hours ago, wayned said:

Giuliani said on an interview this morning that Trump would never throw him under the bus because he has "insurance".

The interview was on Fox News (where else?), and shows that Giuliani is becoming just as deranged as Trump.  When asked about speculation that Trump would "throw him under a bus" he said:

"When they say that, I say he isn't, but I have insurance."

Which leads to the obvious conclusion that he has dirt on Trump, and he must have slowly thought the same, as later, in a tweet, he claimed that

"the 'insurance' he was referring to consisted of "files in my safe" that allegedly show ways former Vice President Joe Biden's family had been "monetizing" his decades in office. These files would apparently become public if Giuliani were to "disappear,"

Someone needs to tell him that telling a criminal that he has supposed evidence that his enemy is corrupt, and threatening that it will be released should anything happen to him, is not an insurance policy, or rather, is insurance that he will be inspecting the underside of a bus sometime in the near future.

He then further demonstrated his leaking of marbles by going into a rant about the media trying to kill him:

"Damn it, the mafia couldn't kill me, your colleagues are not going to kill me!"

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/giuliani-attacks-foes-claims-again-have-insurance-keep-trump-loyal-n1090171

Here is a brief summary of this inquiry:

GOP: THIS IS BS UNLESS YOU HOLD A FLOOR VOTE!
Dems: OK, here's the vote.

GOP: WE'RE BEING SHUT OUT!
Dems: Four dozen of you were supposed to be here, but you usually don't show up.

GOP: THERE SHOULD BE PUBLIC HEARINGS!
Dems: OK, let's hold public hearings.

GOP: WE CAN'T CALL ANY WITNESSES!
Dems: We're calling the witnesses you requested.

GOP: IT'S ALL HEARSAY!
Dems: Here comes Gordon Sondland and Lt Col Vindham.

GOP: UKRAINE INTERFERED IN OUR ELECTION!
Hill: Russia interfered in out election; saying Ukraine did so is a Russian talking point.

GOP: TRUMP WAS JUST ROOTING OUT CORRUPTION!
Sondland: Trump didn't care whether the investigation actually happened.
Holmes: Trump didn't give a sh*t about Ukraine, just about finding mud on Biden.

Enough with the talking points. It's time to accept reality.

8 hours ago, wayned said:

Looks like one of Trump's piglet, Devin Nunes, has jumped back into the pigpen with him, he's been there before,  by meeting with the fired Ukrainian prosecutor to try to dig dirt up on Biden with the help of Lez Parnas, the indicted co-conspirator of Giuliani.  IMHO, if he did, he should have recused himself from the Intelligence committee hearings.

And here are more details. Looks like Nunes is in the hot seat now:clap2:

Link: Records Back Claim That Nunes Huddled With Ukraine Prosecutor Ousted Over Corruption

"Congressional records show that Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) flew to Europe at the same time that Rudy Giuliani’s indicted crony Lev Parnas says the congressman met with an ousted Ukrainian prosecutor in a hunt for dirt on Joe Biden.

Nunes and three aides flew to Europe last year on Nov. 30 and retuned Dec. 3 at a cost to taxpayers of $63,000, according to congressional records, which were unearthed by the Daily Beast. According to Parnas, Nunes met in Vienna last December with controversial former Ukraine prosecutor Viktor Shokin, CNN reported Friday. "

Link: Former federal prosecutor Elie Honig noted in a CNN interview Saturday that Nunes may have done exactly what Trump is being accused of: using his office to solicit something of value (dirt on Biden) from a foreign national

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

The interview was on Fox News (where else?), and shows that Giuliani is becoming just as deranged as Trump.  When asked about speculation that Trump would "throw him under a bus" he said:

"When they say that, I say he isn't, but I have insurance."

Which leads to the obvious conclusion that he has dirt on Trump, and he must have slowly thought the same, as later, in a tweet, he claimed that

"the 'insurance' he was referring to consisted of "files in my safe" that allegedly show ways former Vice President Joe Biden's family had been "monetizing" his decades in office. These files would apparently become public if Giuliani were to "disappear,"

Someone needs to tell him that telling a criminal that he has supposed evidence that his enemy is corrupt, and threatening that it will be released should anything happen to him, is not an insurance policy, or rather, is insurance that he will be inspecting the underside of a bus sometime in the near future.

He then further demonstrated his leaking of marbles by going into a rant about the media trying to kill him:

"Damn it, the mafia couldn't kill me, your colleagues are not going to kill me!"

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/giuliani-attacks-foes-claims-again-have-insurance-keep-trump-loyal-n1090171

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whom_the_gods_would_destroy

In American literature, the character of Prometheus speaks the phrase: Whom the gods would destroy they first make mad in the poem "The Masque of Pandora" (1875), by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

I can think of at least 2 people in the USA that could be applied to.

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whom_the_gods_would_destroy

In American literature, the character of Prometheus speaks the phrase: Whom the gods would destroy they first make mad in the poem "The Masque of Pandora" (1875), by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

I can think of at least 2 people in the USA that could be applied to.

Well the gods sure did a sterling job with the madness. Let's hope they get around to the destruction part post haste.

4 hours ago, Sujo said:

Holmes testimony was not hearsay. Hearing it directly is first hand.

Some people believe, when it's convenient to them for the defense of Trump,  that if you hear it and then repeat what you hear, say it, it's hearsay?

Too bad the Nunes story didn't break before the end of the inquiry hearings, it would have been nice ti hear Nunes testify.  I wonder what excuse he would try to use to defy a congressional subpoena?  He could still be called to testify during the judicial committee hearings or the trail in the Senate.

Another one by Giuliani (Daylybeast reporting a NUT article)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dmytro-firtash-giuliani-offered-to-help-with-legal-problems-if-i-helped-pressure-ukraine?ref=home

Firtash claims that, in June, he met with Giuliani associates Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, who offered help with his Justice Department problems if he hired two lawyers close to President Trump—Joseph diGenova and Victoria Toensing—and helped with Giuliani’s dirt-digging mission on the Biden family’s activities in Ukraine.

4 hours ago, candide said:

Another one by Giuliani (Daylybeast reporting a NUT article)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dmytro-firtash-giuliani-offered-to-help-with-legal-problems-if-i-helped-pressure-ukraine?ref=home

Firtash claims that, in June, he met with Giuliani associates Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, who offered help with his Justice Department problems if he hired two lawyers close to President Trump—Joseph diGenova and Victoria Toensing—and helped with Giuliani’s dirt-digging mission on the Biden family’s activities in Ukraine.

In fact he did hire DeGenova and Toensing for $300,000 per month.

Here's a link to the original article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/25/us/giuliani-ukraine-oligarchs.html?searchResultPosition=1

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, kamdonacaden said:

Wall St banksters nearly took down the world  Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire economy and none were even charged. Then they preach morals to the rest of us. The more Trump withdraws the USA into it's cocoon the better for all.

If you want to share your opinion with us, I'd like that. But why only post other's opinions, accompanied with a link to games?

8 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Trump has every opportunity to give his own evidence contradicting those that testify under oath.

Anything he says about any witness whilst not testifying himself can be disregarded completely.

Exactly.  Step up and tell us how it is, DT!  Straighten it all out!

Everyone in the world will be watching, imagine all that attention.

It will make everyone in the world forget how you ran off like a little b_tch from the NATO meeting.

Anything he says about any witness whilst not testifying himself can be disregarded completely.

And the real news media shouldn't be covering his prattle. 

He won't and doesn't have to do anything to defend himself because he doesn't have to..  He knows full well that his Senate cult led by Massacre Mitch won't convict him if there even is a trial.  I read somewhere that as the impeachment hearings are going on Giuliani is in the Ukraine trying to dig up dirt on Biden and re-energize the DNC server conspiracy.  He thinks that he can do and get away with anything that he wants, and so far no one has proven him wrong.

Archived