Srisuwan asks ECT to accelerate investigation of Thanathorn case

rooster59

Srisuwan asks ECT to accelerate investigation of Thanathorn case

By The Nation

800_eaa449aa4518163.jpg

Vice President and Secretary General of the Society for Defence of the Thai Constitutions, Srisuwan Chanya (Centre)

Photo Credit: Wanchai Kraisornkhajit

Vice President and Secretary General of the Society for Defence of the Thai Constitutions, Srisuwan Chanya visited the Office of the Election Commission of Thailand (ECT) on Friday (November 22) to submit a letter asking that Commission speed up the investigation into the case of Future Forward Party leader, Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit.

On Wednesday, the Constitutional Court ruled seven to two that Thanathorn must lose his status as a Member of Parliament under section 101 (6) in conjunction with article 98 (3) of having registered to run in the March election on February 6 while still holding shares in V-Luck Media.

Srisuwan also requested the ECT to bring a lawsuit to the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Political Office Holders on charges under Section 151 of Organic Act on the Election of Members of the House of Representatives, B.E. 2561 (2018) as soon as possible.

4I1A2499 copy.jpg

According to the MP election law, anyone found guilty of intentionally applying to contest an election despite being disqualified risks up to 10 years in jail, a fine of up to Bt200,000 and the revocation of electoral rights for 20 years.

Related Stories:

Thanathorn faces more legal hurdles

Court turns thumbs down on Thanathorn

Thanathorn appears before Constitutional Court

Hot : EC urges Constitutional Court to disqualify Thanathorn

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378679

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-23

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Astonishing how aggressively they prosecute the opposition for being the opposition. Don't they know that the only thing giving them a shred of legitimacy is the fact that they allow an opposition to exist?

In a word.... No

So this guy is the head of an organisation which is self-dedicate to 'protecting the Constitution', right?

Well, why the hell, then, does he not ceaselessly, unrelentingly, incessantly excoriate and condemn and indite the Cabinet, all of whom have REFUSED, day after day, week after week, month after month, to swear a legally required oath to uphold that very same 'Constitution' which this guy claims to love and cherish so very highly!!!

I wonder why he remains so silent - so silent that his silence is deafening me and all of us here on Thaivisa?!

2 hours ago, Eligius said:

So this guy is the head of an organisation which is self-dedicate to 'protecting the Constitution', right?

Well, why the hell, then, does he not ceaselessly, unrelentingly, incessantly excoriate and condemn and indite the Cabinet, all of whom have REFUSED, day after day, week after week, month after month, to swear a legally required oath to uphold that very same 'Constitution' which this guy claims to love and cherish so very highly!!!

I wonder why he remains so silent - so silent that his silence is deafening me and all of us here on Thaivisa?!

I guess he's silent because he's not stupid. It is impossible to believe Prayut's oath taking was a mistake on his part. I'll say nothing else except ask who did he pledge allegiance to?

They confuse constitution with campaign promise.

The constitution is a set of rules, that describe certain freedoms and also obligations in order to make a country function.
A campaign promise is what a political party promises to change when they gain majority in parliament, under the rules of the constitution.

After what, 20 coups and constitution changes, I think they just lost the plot.
Unless the campaign promise (read ice cream) was to change the constitution. In that regards, they did a great job in securing eternal power.

There's nothing real about the current government other than that it is a continuation of the military government. Srisuwan is nothing less than a hitman for the fascists that control Thailand. Now that the Pope has passed by, said a few useless words for a few victims of Thailand and now forgotten Thailand, the powerful people in Thailand can get back to abusing whoever they want. The great witch hunt and purge should be starting now

18 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Astonishing how aggressively they prosecute the opposition for being the opposition. Don't they know that the only thing giving them a shred of legitimacy is the fact that they allow an opposition to exist?

I'm pretty sure they don't concern themselves with shreds of legitimacy and it's quite obvious they don't allow any opposition to exist.Thanathorn was the only one doing any opposing the others are just window dressing.

32 minutes ago, TooBigToFit said:

Srisuwan is nothing less than a hitman

1 hour ago, KhunKenAP said:

Srisuwan is Pinocchio's bull dog.

My turn now!

Srisuwan is the equivalent of a highly trained police attack dog working on behalf of P and P.

(when such a dog attacks, there is serious damage done to the victim, sometimes life threatening)

Archived