Alternative places to buy ??

piston broke

Still chewing over getting a new ADV150....

Was out and about on the bike today and rode past Asia City Motors in Bowin and decided to pop in .....

Really helpful people and keen to deal .....

Told them i was interested in the Red ADV150 right by the front door....

Scoota is great looking in the flesh - And unlike it's brother, the PCX - Has rear disc, ABS and Showa gas shocks... Looks like it can take the pot hole infected roads with ease.... Has enduro style "fat bars" and 80/20 road/off road tyres too ....

Told me because the model is so new they cannot offer big discounts ....... but could offer some discount and  a free helmet....

I waited with baited breath as they went to get the "free" helmet, expecting a 300 baht cheapie - only to be handed a AP Honda H2C "Honda Racing" lid ...

Looks like 3,000 baht's worth imho and matches the bike perfectly  ..... plus they beat the best quote i got in pattaya by 2,000 baht ..... So "win win"

And will do free delivery to Pattaya if needed......

So Asia City it is .....

78128900_1166507433739201_8254299502161166336_n.jpg

honda-adv-vs-pcx.jpg

perbandingan-honda-adv-dan-pcx-2.jpg

pix.jpg

honda-adv-150-speedometer-219314.jpg

On 11/26/2019 at 6:40 PM, piston broke said:

Went to Asia City Motor Co in Bowen today Popa .....

Their price was 300 b  more than Mityon ....

Of course you did.  ????

1 hour ago, piston broke said:

Was out and about on the bike today and rode past Asia City Motors in Bowin and decided to pop in .....

Looks like 3,000 baht's worth imho and matches the bike perfectly  ..... plus they beat the best quote i got in pattaya by 2,000 baht ..... 

????    ????

I'm not seeing it .....

If a 155cc Yamaha Aerox can be bought for 68,000 baht new .....

How can this new Honda ADV 155cc thingy be 100,000 baht ??

And the PCX be 93,500 baht ?? 

No wonder every other scooter you see on the road is an Aerox

Or am i missing something ??

5 hours ago, properperson said:

the R model had gas shocks @68,000 baht - can't see that abs is worth 30k more ?

or am i missing something ?

Yes you are !

its a Honda for a start ......

its a much better spec and quality than the Aerox ....

The ADV is like the dawn of the electric light when everyone is riding around on candles....

won't be long before the other players rip this idea off....

11 hours ago, piston broke said:

The ADV is like the dawn of the electric light when everyone is riding around on candles....

LoL    what's so advanced about this scooter ???   a Mr. Fusion generator that uses garbage as fuel ??

Went to Mittyon opp Tony's gym out of curiosity to see the new ADV150 that's being raved about.

Only the "top model" is currently being sold, so comes with keyless go, ABS, Showa rear shocks and rear disc.

Comes in 3 colours - The red one which has been pictured earlier here (looks like a mini Africa twin !), matt black and a grey brown - the latter two didn't do it for me.

Price quoted was 100,000 baht on the road, plus an additional 2,500 Baht for 2 years theft insurance.

I asked about a discount and was offered 1,000 Baht off if i bought today.

Asked about a "test drive" and the lady let me ride one up and down the little soi at the side of the showroom - not perfect, but got a feel of it.

Its got a nice upright riding position and doesn't feel any more bulky than say a pcx / Aerox.  The "fat bars" give the bike a real nce feel to it as do the 80/20 road/off road tyres.

I had one of the first Aerox's and my bike is coming up to 3 years old and done 35,000 km's and riding the ADV made me realise it was time for a change..

Having seen the ADV in the flesh - i do like the concept of an "adventure" scooter - Not for serious off roading, but it's ability to smooth out the lousy bumpy roads - and if i see a dirt track, its capable of going down it for a mooch as long as its not too hardcore.

So back to the sales lady - Said i was interested in doing a deal - Asked what they would give me in p/x for mine (had the book / house book with me as was going to the DLT / Regents to renew the gov't insurance / road tax after).

Their offer wasn't as much as i expected - but i said ok and transferred the money, signed a few forms / photo copies and 30 mins later i was riding up the road on my shiny new Red ADV 150 ...

Is it worth 100,000 baht ?  possibly.

Is it better than an Aerox ? possibly.

Is it like the dawn of the light bulb, when everyone is using candles ?  possibly.

But one thing is for sure - a change is as good as a rest.

11 minutes ago, properperson said:

Went to Mittyon opp Tony's gym out of curiosity to see the new ADV150 that's being raved about.

Only the "top model" is currently being sold, so comes with keyless go, ABS, Showa rear shocks and rear disc.

Comes in 3 colours - The red one which has been pictured earlier here (looks like a mini Africa twin !), matt black and a grey brown - the latter two didn't do it for me.

Price quoted was 100,000 baht on the road, plus an additional 2,500 Baht for 2 years theft insurance.

I asked about a discount and was offered 1,000 Baht off if i bought today.

Asked about a "test drive" and the lady let me ride one up and down the little soi at the side of the showroom - not perfect, but got a feel of it.

Its got a nice upright riding position and doesn't feel any more bulky than say a pcx / Aerox.  The "fat bars" give the bike a real nce feel to it as do the 80/20 road/off road tyres.

I had one of the first Aerox's and my bike is coming up to 3 years old and done 35,000 km's and riding the ADV made me realise it was time for a change..

Having seen the ADV in the flesh - i do like the concept of an "adventure" scooter - Not for serious off roading, but it's ability to smooth out the lousy bumpy roads - and if i see a dirt track, its capable of going down it for a mooch as long as its not too hardcore.

So back to the sales lady - Said i was interested in doing a deal - Asked what they would give me in p/x for mine (had the book / house book with me as was going to the DLT / Regents to renew the gov't insurance / road tax after).

Their offer wasn't as much as i expected - but i said ok and transferred the money, signed a few forms / photo copies and 30 mins later i was riding up the road on my shiny new Red ADV 150 ...

Is it worth 100,000 baht ?  possibly.

Is it better than an Aerox ? possibly.

Is it like the dawn of the light bulb, when everyone is using candles ?  possibly.

But one thing is for sure - a change is as good as a rest.

'Not for serious off roading'

And not for serious on roading either. It's a scooter for chrissake.

20 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

'Not for serious off roading'

And not for serious on roading either. It's a scooter for chrissake.

of course its not for serious off roading - its a scooter - true - but it will be better on dirt tracks and bumpy / pot hole infested roads than the likes of an Aerox, PCX, Click, wave Etc.

Serious on roading - whats that all about - are you beeing argumentitive for the sake of it ? - When i ride i'm very serious as i'm looking out for other idjuts.

The ADV150 is a breath of fresh air - The PCX was a game changer when it first came out, as was the Aerox (imho) - but times move on and things change - The ADV150 is carrying the torch now (imho) until it gets copied / improved on.

But the concept of a medium "adventure" scooter, bearing in mind the roads over here makes more sense than any other scooter that i can think of - Small, medium or large.....

Archived