POTY 2019 Nominations

geronimo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Cobra said:

Yinn has already made her "connections" and you know how Thai females can persuade us Farangs !!

I nominate Just Wierd

Justweird is already on the list Sir! Yes, it will be interesting to see how thing develop with a Thai contender in the running! And if we're talking connections, I once opened a door for Rimmer!

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

What ! ! are we talking money here or just votes ? If it's money I don't even know where Thailand is, never heard of TV.

Well, keeping in line with the ways things are done here, we do have a huge network of digital payment gateways, all anonymous, of course, and rather than "buying votes" generous party contributions change hands which somehow persuade voters to change their mind.

Of course, there are other tactics, one contestant received his dog's left ear in the post, closely followed by a telegram advising withdrawal from the contest. Members pets have been kidnapped, reptiles tortured and as for the LSD in the cucumber sandwiches, the less said the better.

Just now, geronimo said:

Well, keeping in line with the ways things are done here, we do have a huge network of digital payment gateways, all anonymous, of course, and rather than "buying votes" generous party contributions change hands which somehow persuade voters to change their mind.

Of course, there are other tactics, one contestant received his dog's left ear in the post, closely followed by a telegram advising withdrawal from the contest. Members pets have been kidnapped, reptiles tortured and as for the LSD in the cucumber sandwiches, the less said the better.

put me down for an LSD sandwich (without the cucumber,it just takes up space)

There have been other avenues of persuasion,

someone peed in Coins water tank, and CCTV coverage revealed a fat farang wearing a T-shirt that said

"CHANGE YOUR VOTE, OR ELSE!!"

He ran off into the sugar canes fields and was never seen again.

Just now, geronimo said:

and then there was the time when Nancy bought one of those coloured eggs, and she was shocked to discover a note inside, which read, "We know where your cat goes at night"

Followed by, "If you want your cat back look under the car's tires parked outside

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

Followed by, "If you want your cat back look under the car's tires parked outside

The cat in question was duly reunited with its owner and aside from the PSTD, the feline managed to resume a normal life. Not sure what that one cost, but it was rather strange how the very same day, Nancy endorsed a runner.

56 minutes ago, geronimo said:

While there might be a few members with egos as big as Everest hiding behind their keyboards, I am confident that the majority are good guys (and gals) who like a wee bit of healthy banter!

That sounds all a wee bit bum twitchy to me.

But... it is an election of sorts.

PS. I prefer "as big as Benachie". Everest is just a little bit presumptuous IMHO.

59 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Justweird is already on the list Sir! Yes, it will be interesting to see how thing develop with a Thai contender in the running! And if we're talking connections, I once opened a door for Rimmer!

Was that on his old CR-V by any chance?

1 hour ago, geronimo said:

Nothing is to be taken seriously dear fellow, just a bunch of old codgers attempting to add some humour into their lives.

Does that mean you are declining Sir?

I thought my post was funny.  OK,  maybe too long for the attention span of some old codgers.

I do know that one liners are the preferred response, but it is nice to have a little DIVERSITY .

Actually in US it is a law ( but i digress)

OK.   forget what i just wrote, being too long and maybe lacking humourrr

What is the difference between a TV member and a canoe ?

A canoe tips.       

41 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Don't open any unrecognised mail ....... and notice who's behind you where you are out and about ......

...especially the one that appears to follow you into the public bathroom, lurks somewhere in your peripheral vision and seems to shadow your departure after having done nothing themselves inside the bathroom.

...not even washed their hands!

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Thankyou Cornishcarlos the support and understand the TVF democracy.

is very fair. 

remember that....

Yinn will get 250 free vote. Because I am Yinn.

Nobody can promote themself. Only Yinn. If they do it, will be disappear for “attitude adjustment”. Secret place.

can not speak together.

The popular one have restricted, so can not have to many vote themself. 

Only Yinn can buy vote. Anyone other do it, will go to jail. 

Another 150 vote, will go to “up to Yinn”. The most popular will not get any of this votes. Only the friend of Yinn.

if someone look like will be very popular, they will be disqualified for share of travel magazine.

And other reason. Not sure yet. But have.

(But If Yinn friend, can sell heroin, be mafia boss, no problem)

if Yinn get 87 from the other 350/500 vote and someone else get more, must wait three month.

Then Yinn win.

If Yinn not win, Yinn can chose who Yinn want. Can chose Yinn. 

so 

250 free for Yinn. For brother and friend. And friend brother.

150 up to Yinn.

350 up to voter. Maybe.

this the rule for 20 years now.

i make peace and happiness for the people. 

If I die before. I nominate villagefarang. Nice guy.

please send your watch to villagefarang. Then die quickly.

Excellent post Yinn, too funny, very in vogue. Your words demonstrate that you are not only up on Thai politics but up on ThaiVisa as well.

How are your worms?

15 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

...especially the one that appears to follow you into the public bathroom, lurks somewhere in your peripheral vision and seems to shadow your departure after having done nothing themselves inside the bathroom.

...not even washed their hands!

didn't you get a shoulder massage ?   turning around suddenly when in the act usually sends them scurrying

2 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Nobody here to nominate ATX ( i.e myself :jap:) ;

you have nominate a thai woman , why not a french man ( from Brittany )?

From Brittany eh , love the place went about 10 years running from Plymouth - Roscoff.

Will give you a vote ( me me don't forget me ). Bon Chance.

I see two ways to POTY success.

1) Threaten to hold back some kind of aid and ask for demand an investigation.

2) Buy the votes for baht 1,000. If that doesn't work (for POTY), rig the outcome to suit.

Archived