POTY 2019 Nominations

geronimo

On 11/24/2019 at 1:34 AM, Jingthing said:

This forum before Yinn was like a fish without moustache wax. Something was missing but you just couldn't put your finger on it. Now Yinn completes us all. If Yinn didn't exist you'd have to invent her. Viva Yinn! 

----

All INN for YINN (or get deported)

Who is Yinn, and why did the contest start so bloody early this year? I predict POTY fatigue.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Who is Yinn, and why did they contest start so bloody early this year? I predict POTY fatigue.

She is a young Thai lady who has taken the forum by storm. Giving all us old codgers a Thai perspective on things ...... and yes, we did kick off a little early and many have run out of steam before the starting gun has been fired.

13 minutes ago, geronimo said:

She is a young Thai lady who has taken the forum by storm. Giving all us old codgers a Thai perspective on things ...... and yes, we did kick off a little early and many have run out of steam before the starting gun has been fired.

I see you are nominated this year and you can count on my vote unless a lucrative opportunity presents itself. And when I say lucrative that would include middling and meager opportunities as well.

7 minutes ago, geronimo said:

CuteThaiGirl a member of old sadly passed away some years ago was a large hairy Brit.

2 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I see you are nominated this year and you can count on vote unless a lucrative opportunity presents itself. And when I say lucrative that would include middling and meager as well.

Thanks for that Sir! We need a new commentator when voting begins and I was wondering if you would like the role?

3 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Thanks for that Sir! We need a new commentator when voting begins and I was wondering if you would like the role?

I would not, but thank you for your kind consideration of me. If JT can shed his partisanship and walk the neutral path he would make an excellent commentator.  I think Canuckamuck would as well.

Just now, lannarebirth said:

I would not, but thank you for your kind consideration of me. If JT can shed his partisanship and walk the neutral path he would make an excellent commentator.  I think Canuckamuck would as well.

Yes Canuckamuck is as impartial as it gets, and if I have a word upstairs, I might be able to get him an extra dot! There are other benefits to being the POTY commentator; you get to see Rimmer when he arrives at HQ in his helicopter and they even let you into the main control room .....

1 minute ago, geronimo said:

Yes Canuckamuck is as impartial as it gets, and if I have a word upstairs, I might be able to get him an extra dot! There are other benefits to being the POTY commentator; you get to see Rimmer when he arrives at HQ in his helicopter and they even let you into the main control room .....

I failed to notice you're now carrying nearly a full complement of dots. Jolly good old boy. Come round the club when the 8th arrives.

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

I failed to notice you're now carrying nearly a full complement of dots. Jolly good old boy. Come round the club when the 8th arrives.

Yes, I have peered through the window of the 8-dotters club, yet I have another 3500+ posts before I get my platinum 8-dot membership card. I hear drinks are free and there are maidens to soothe aching limbs, which is why Trans lives there.

5 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Yes, I have peered through the window of the 8-dotters club, yet I have another 3500+ posts before I get my platinum 8-dot membership card. I hear drinks are free and there are maidens to soothe aching limbs, which is why Trans lives there.

Yes, it's true. The maidens are stone deaf.

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

Yes, it's true. The maidens are stone deaf.

And is it true that 8-dotters can run up a tab? I heard that JT rings the bell every time he visits. I know you are sworn to secrecy, but a little info would be much appreciated. If I keep posting at this rate, my 8th dot will come around next August ....

15 minutes ago, geronimo said:

And is it true that 8-dotters can run up a tab? I heard that JT rings the bell every time he visits. I know you are sworn to secrecy, but a little info would be much appreciated. If I keep posting at this rate, my 8th dot will come around next August ....

You heard wrong. You'd think the founding member would be a little less parsimonius, especially when he is about to be inducted into the 6 digit Ring of Honor and have his keyboard bronzed, but sadly that is not the case.

In case some of you guys are wondering about the dots, they are lined up under your TV name and having 8 is as big as it gets. I am almost there with 7, although I've a long way to go to reach that magic 10,000 posts when that elusive 8th dot is ceremoniously granted by none other than Rimmer himself!

There is an exclusive club for the 8-dotters, plus they get other perks which I daren't mention as I could easily be stripped of a dot.

Digging deep into the annals of TVF history, there was once a member who racked up 10,000 posts without any witty one-line comments. Every post was at least 500 words long and even to this day, that remarkable achievement remains unchallenged. Gecko123 is the only other poster who writes seriously long posts ......

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Geronimo.... YOU DESERVE A BLEEDING MEDAL, you alone are keeping this thread alive.

well, with the help of a few other admirable posters, including your good self. Have you handed over the tights and tiara yet? I fear the tights might need some attention before they are given to the next POTY winner (which might be me)

Just now, villagefarang said:

I collect likes faster than posts so that 8th dot could take another year.????

thirty days prior to hitting the magical 10k, they send you the 8-dotter manual. I've read a few pages but not all the 386 rules. Its a big responsibility and one needs to be prepared in advance.

I skulked thru the alleys last night.

Let me tell you

that all the freaks and geeks

we're in rare form.

Must have been a full moon.

Wormguy slithered with his cup past

kids with cups jingling coins and brown Yao ladies

chirping wooden frogs that make the perfect gift for your brats

to take home to your ***t of an exwife hopefully to drive her nuts enough to go 

off to Ibiza with a tennis pro leaving you the toddlers for your Mum to care for and now

she has to pay you child support so you can, tada,

jet off to Thailand and wallow in in the filth of your fornications.

My apologies to St. John.

Archived