Lukewarm response to Future Forward 'Against the Tide' campaign: poll

webfact

Lukewarm response to Future Forward 'Against the Tide' campaign: poll

By The Nation

800_35e3fb38ea53dcc.jpg?v=1574571278

Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit

Most Thais are not following the Future Forward Party's “Against the Tide” campaign, according to a poll.

The National Institute of Development Administration (Nida) surveyed 1,262 Thai citizens aged over 18 on November 19 and 20 about the Future Forward campaign “Against the Tide” (yu-mai pen).

About 65.21 per cent of respondents said they were not following the campaign, 27.73 per cent were paying some attention to it, 6.66 were fully following it while 0.40 per cent had no interest.

On the question how respondents understand the term “Against the Tide”, 35.18 per cent saw it as an inability to adapt, 23.45 per cent thought that it meant people who were dealing with the fallout of their actions, 15.77 per cent thought that it was a group of stubborn people and 14.03 per cent said that it was a group of people who were looking for problems.

Meanwhile, 40.57 per cent said that “Not Against the Tide” were people who understood the social context, 38.11 per cent believed that they wanted to live safely, and 15.53 per cent thought that they analysed the situation and adjusted to society.

Asked what they thought was the purpose of the campaign, 38.25 per cent of respondents believed that it aimed to show the FFP's standpoint, 26.27 per cent said that they spoke the truth on Thai society, about 21.20 per cent said they were trying to draw attention, and 11.29 per cent thought the campaign was aimed at attacking their opponents.

About 41.70 per cent believed that FFP was not against the tide and 29.03 per cent thought otherwise.

Some 72 per cent of respondents said that they themselves weren’t "Against the tide", 19.81 per cent said that they were adaptable while 5.94 per cent opposed it.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378692

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-25

The name seems off. Most people who know basic Thai wouldn't get "Against the Tide" from อยู่ไม่เป็น. That comes up on google translate as 'Can't live'. My first guess was "I can't stay" because so many young people who want change in Thailand I meet say this to me in English. They just want to leave Thailand. 

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

I'm just waiting for the farang '  this poll is fake '  brigade to join in …..  

Why a fake ?

But slanted, biassed ...

as all polls done in Bangkok ..

If you do this poll in Udon Thani or Ubon or Khorat you will have totally different results;

I can assure you that a lot of voters for Thaksin voted for this man and his new party.

59 minutes ago, TooBigToFit said:

After expert analysis, it appears the 11.29 percent are people who fully support Prayuth and the old ways. That says a lot about Thailand's state. 

Yeah that is about 130+ people in the country support Cha Cha and cronies.!! Even losing his army boys!!5555

47 minutes ago, TooBigToFit said:

My first guess was "I can't stay" because so many young people who want change in Thailand I meet say this to me in English. They just want to leave Thailand. 

I think most just want rice for lunch!

Huh,  Thought this was a historic story about king <deleted> (Canute).  Back to bed I guess.

You Brits seem to have been "fighting the Tide" for about the last thousand years.

Why in Gawds name am I getting deleted for an early historic spelling of King Canutes name?? It was spelled King <deleted>.

Your server needs a swift kick in the algorithm. !!!

20 hours ago, smutcakes said:

To be fair, i like FFP, i like Thanthorn and i follow the news. I have never even heard of the 'Against the Tide' campaign.

Agree, but I also believe that Thanathorn and his colleagues need to do some very serious analysis of what's, for them, gone wrong and seriously adjust their strategies, 

Further they need to learn some serious lessons as to why they are in possible legal trouble and put together a team of folks to scan for possible future problems and fix things before they become serious issues / before the goon gang can twist anything into an issue.

Further, it seems to be they need to spend a lot more time on educating folks, especially younger voters and also high school kids* as to what's wrong with the current set up and to be well aware of how civil society is structured and works well in other countries.

*My 15 year old Thai granddaughter asks her father and me (she speaks native speaker Thai and English) continuous questions about how civil society is structured and works well in other more balanced countries. She's very interested to learn how Thailand could legislate to prevent / reduce the massive (now worst in the world) gap in income, and more. She and her class mates have written to FF 3 or 4 times to support FF's stance / policies and every time they did get a nice reply and materials to read, but the kids want more.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Agree, but I also believe that Thanathorn and his colleagues need to do some very serious analysis of what's, for them, gone wrong and seriously adjust their strategies, 

Further they need to learn some serious lessons as to why they are in possible legal trouble and put together a team of folks to scan for possible future problems and fix things before they become serious issues / before the goon gang can twist anything into an issue.

Further, it seems to be they need to spend a lot more time on educating folks, especially younger voters and also high school kids* as to what's wrong with the current set up and to be well aware of how civil society is structured and works well in other countries.

*My 15 year old Thai granddaughter asks her father and me (she speaks native speaker Thai and English) continuous questions about how civil society is structured and works well in other more balanced countries. She's very interested to learn how Thailand could legislate to prevent / reduce the massive (now worst in the world) gap in income, and more. She and her class mates have written to FF 3 or 4 times to support FF's stance / policies and every time they did get a nice reply and materials to read, but the kids want more.

If they put down the honest answers on paper they would probably be charged with sedition.... i presume all people in the FFP are wary of saying and doing nearly anything as the powers that be are ouy to get them.

I  think regardless of them hiring a team of the best people, the judges, EC would always trump something up. The differenve in the handling of media shareholding cases alone shows this.

But this is what they do....

Archived