BANGKOK
webfact

Lukewarm response to Future Forward 'Against the Tide' campaign: poll

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

I'm just waiting for the farang '  this poll is fake '  brigade to join in …..  

Won't happen...... as that is an occupation reserved for Thais. 

• Haha 2

Would have thought most Thai respondents were thinking this was a global warming question🤔

• Haha 2

The husband of a PPRP PM is the owner of The Nation, which owns Thaivisa. I want to see if they will report on the elections in Hong Kong where the pro-democracy party won by a landslide last night

• Like 2

Huh,  Thought this was a historic story about king <deleted> (Canute).  Back to bed I guess.

You Brits seem to have been "fighting the Tide" for about the last thousand years.

Why in Gawds name am I getting deleted for an early historic spelling of King Canutes name?? It was spelled King <deleted>.

Your server needs a swift kick in the algorithm. !!!

Edited by ourdon
Server idiocy

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

Steven Steven, when oh when are you gonna wake up and see what is going on?

Steven is protecting his master. And while Prayuth is paying his wages to keep his support we do have to admire his loyality

• Like 1

20 hours ago, smutcakes said:

To be fair, i like FFP, i like Thanthorn and i follow the news. I have never even heard of the 'Against the Tide' campaign.

Agree, but I also believe that Thanathorn and his colleagues need to do some very serious analysis of what's, for them, gone wrong and seriously adjust their strategies, 

Further they need to learn some serious lessons as to why they are in possible legal trouble and put together a team of folks to scan for possible future problems and fix things before they become serious issues / before the goon gang can twist anything into an issue.

Further, it seems to be they need to spend a lot more time on educating folks, especially younger voters and also high school kids* as to what's wrong with the current set up and to be well aware of how civil society is structured and works well in other countries.

*My 15 year old Thai granddaughter asks her father and me (she speaks native speaker Thai and English) continuous questions about how civil society is structured and works well in other more balanced countries. She's very interested to learn how Thailand could legislate to prevent / reduce the massive (now worst in the world) gap in income, and more. She and her class mates have written to FF 3 or 4 times to support FF's stance / policies and every time they did get a nice reply and materials to read, but the kids want more.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Agree, but I also believe that Thanathorn and his colleagues need to do some very serious analysis of what's, for them, gone wrong and seriously adjust their strategies, 

Further they need to learn some serious lessons as to why they are in possible legal trouble and put together a team of folks to scan for possible future problems and fix things before they become serious issues / before the goon gang can twist anything into an issue.

Further, it seems to be they need to spend a lot more time on educating folks, especially younger voters and also high school kids* as to what's wrong with the current set up and to be well aware of how civil society is structured and works well in other countries.

*My 15 year old Thai granddaughter asks her father and me (she speaks native speaker Thai and English) continuous questions about how civil society is structured and works well in other more balanced countries. She's very interested to learn how Thailand could legislate to prevent / reduce the massive (now worst in the world) gap in income, and more. She and her class mates have written to FF 3 or 4 times to support FF's stance / policies and every time they did get a nice reply and materials to read, but the kids want more.

If they put down the honest answers on paper they would probably be charged with sedition.... i presume all people in the FFP are wary of saying and doing nearly anything as the powers that be are ouy to get them.

I  think regardless of them hiring a team of the best people, the judges, EC would always trump something up. The differenve in the handling of media shareholding cases alone shows this.

But this is what they do....

• Thanks 1