Pattaya: Keep the calls coming - Belgian nabbed for serious assault

webfact

Pattaya: Keep the calls coming - Belgian nabbed for serious assault

3pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Immigration police on regular duties in Pattaya arrested a 54 year old Belgian national at an apartment building in Moo 5, Nong Prue, Pattaya. 

The suspect was named in a warrant issued in Kamphaeng Phet for serious physical assault. He had been named in the warrant as a Canadian but was found to be one and the same person.

Chonburi immigration's Pol Col Samphan Leuangsajjakun said last week's arrest was part of immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang's policy of catching foreigners breaking the law. 

He urged people to keep calling 1178 to help with this endeavor. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-25

I am glad he is behind bars.  I am sad that the Thai police have set up a number for reporting foreigners.  The smell of money sends the police into a frenzy of bloodletting. 

There were lots of comments yesterday about racism aimed at a Thai restaurant in America.  This is worse as it's not just a bigotted individual but a state sponsored thing.

26 minutes ago, webfact said:

Chonburi immigration's Pol Col Samphan Leuangsajjakun said last week's arrest was part of immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang's policy of catching foreigners breaking the law. 

It's odd, I haven't noticed any reports of Thais being arrested by the RTP and an officer 'urging people to call 191 to help with the law enforcement endeavor'.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Did he break any immigration laws?

6 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

Organizations such as Crimestoppers are used in several countries to provide a telephone number for people to give information to the police.

They don’t usually only accept calls about foreigners though.

Crimestoppers in the USA is a tip line, not call and get a " reward " line. It's used to report crimes, not specific to whom is committing those crimes. 1178 is for Thais reporting foreigners only. 

racists!

i had police raid my house looking for drugs and guns because neighbours got together and spun the story that im in to it. Well maybe 30years ago. Im a goody 2shoes and dont even drink and help anyone and everyone out but i guess thats the issue. jealousy and loss of face for my neighbours becaus ethey are all drug addict criminals/relatives of officials resulting in sadistic moves to have me ousted.

Despicable country this!!

39 minutes ago, Morty T said:

Crimestoppers in the USA is a tip line, not call and get a " reward " line. It's used to report crimes, not specific to whom is committing those crimes. 1178 is for Thais reporting foreigners only. 

1178 is a general number for immigration for anyone. I've had it saved in my phone for nearly twenty years.

I guess the snitches must be put through to a specific extension, obviously a growth industry.

22 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

racists!

i had police raid my house looking for drugs and guns because neighbours got together and spun the story that im in to it. Well maybe 30years ago. Im a goody 2shoes and dont even drink and help anyone and everyone out but i guess thats the issue. jealousy and loss of face for my neighbours becaus ethey are all drug addict criminals/relatives of officials resulting in sadistic moves to have me ousted.

That's part of the problem. This 'system' is open to abuse from Thais who may have a grudge (for any reason) against a foreigner. I wonder if there is a penalty for abusing this nasty, racist, system I wonder? 

Although when in Thailand, I try to get along with my hosts, at times they can be so petty, easy to anger and get envious at the slightest thing, this 'grass up a foreigner' line could have caused me problems. It was bad enough when a spoiled Thai brat on our estate took a shine to my then GF, and when he learned she was shacked up with a foreigner, the dog began to make all manner of problems for me; calls to Immigration, local cops, even my work on one occasion, until I confronted the worm and he crumbled. Luckily for me I lived (and always do) an impeccable, law abiding lifestyle. He tried to do me on my visits to Lower Suk but as both my work and GF knew I was/am a regular visitor to the area.

To think that the child-minded Thai male now has a 'make ploplem for foreigner' line at the push of a button is worrying. I'd say that it seems that maybe on in a thousand of these calls seem to land a minor 'result' which this amateurish publication Naew Na seems to revel in, giving ammunition to this nonsense, at a low ratio. The mind boggles at the hassle this nonsense, when abused, can and probably will cause people.

Sad this forum seems to 'support' and give regular publicity this hideous, shameful practice.

For reporting people from USA breaking the law press one

For reporting English people breaking the law press  two

for reporting Russian people breaking the law press three

For reporting Australian prople breaking the law  press four

and so on...????

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

Offer a reward, such as free visa for one year and you will have hundreds calling to even dobb in their mates...

I hope anyone who knows you reads this so they realise the kind of person you are. Warning to all STAY CLEAR! 

10 hours ago, Scot123 said:

I hope anyone who knows you reads this so they realise the kind of person you are. Warning to all STAY CLEAR! 

Yes, someone with a social responsibility and need of money! It sounds like the streets will be safer with this guy off them, and if you had a bad person living nearby and causing  concern for you, your wife and maybe kids, you either run away or involve the police, wouldn't you? 

14 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

racists!

are you still living in Thailand?  still on the forums, I see......how has life been the last 30 years?

Ive had neighbours tell the forestry dept or whomever I was  cutting down trees and they actually  wasted their time to come out and check.........no trees  had been  cut, wonder if they called the winker and told him to <deleted>  off later..doubt  it.

13 hours ago, IvorLott said:

That's part of the problem. This 'system' is open to abuse from Thais who may have a grudge (for any reason) against a foreigner. I wonder if there is a penalty for abusing this nasty, racist, system I wonder? 

Although when in Thailand, I try to get along with my hosts, at times they can be so petty, easy to anger and get envious at the slightest thing, this 'grass up a foreigner' line could have caused me problems. It was bad enough when a spoiled Thai brat on our estate took a shine to my then GF, and when he learned she was shacked up with a foreigner, the dog began to make all manner of problems for me; calls to Immigration, local cops, even my work on one occasion, until I confronted the worm and he crumbled. Luckily for me I lived (and always do) an impeccable, law abiding lifestyle. He tried to do me on my visits to Lower Suk but as both my work and GF knew I was/am a regular visitor to the area.

To think that the child-minded Thai male now has a 'make ploplem for foreigner' line at the push of a button is worrying. I'd say that it seems that maybe on in a thousand of these calls seem to land a minor 'result' which this amateurish publication Naew Na seems to revel in, giving ammunition to this nonsense, at a low ratio. The mind boggles at the hassle this nonsense, when abused, can and probably will cause people.

Sad this forum seems to 'support' and give regular publicity this hideous, shameful practice.

Any real example of what you say? Or just IMAGINE it MAYBE can happen. 

This guy, Soed Gene Hobert, do “serious physical assault”. 

If he go “serious physical assault on your mother, you be ok about that? Or not want to hurt his feeling?

If “a 'make ploplem for foreigner' line at the push of a button is worrying.” really happen and the person lie, the police will be angry. The police will ask the person who call for ID.

If someone want to a 'make ploplem for foreigner' they not need this phone number. 

Calm down.

PS Why you spell “ploplem” like that? To mock?

Archived