BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya: Tram network set to transform resort - less traffic, less accidents, more convenience promised

On 11/25/2019 at 11:25 AM, mok199 said:

This worn out old promis

I do believe this story was run last year and the year before last...

are we in Thailand OR DREAMLAND ?????

I love the place for what it is or was, but this is like putting lipstick on a pig. Just building on top of garbage.  Beach water is unswimmable.  no proper waste or septic system city wide.  Road and sidewalk subsurface and stability is highly questionable for foot and car traffic.  I have doubts about it handling a tram or train

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, essox essox said:

are we in Thailand OR DREAMLAND ?????

Tiredland....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

I love the place for what it is or was, but this is like putting lipstick on a pig. Just building on top of garbage.  Beach water is unswimmable.  no proper waste or septic system city wide.  Road and sidewalk subsurface and stability is highly questionable for foot and car traffic.  I have doubts about it handling a tram or train

Sadly what it was is long gone. It was quite small and not so crowded, difficult to get to and there was little beyond 2nd Rd, except the Honey Hotel. Never came out of the 2nd/North,Beach, Tai block except to go to Jomtiem or Naklua Beaches. Mostly beer bars, and my favourite used to have a dozen or so bobbing behind the bar. 

A tram isn't going to sort out the current mess, a few decades of greed and ineptitude to resolve there... it's gone forever. 

• Like 2

On 12/2/2019 at 4:07 PM, Pattaya46 said:

Source of this statement ? Please prove it, with data, not with stereotypes and caricatures on new Pattaya tourists.

Google, "zero baht tourists Thailand" and inform yourself.