Pattaya: Tram network set to transform resort - less traffic, less accidents, more convenience promised

webfact

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cart before the horse.

They need an experienced Urban Planning Engineering firm.
First.......go from Beach Road to the dark side of Sukhumvit and completely upgrade every utility and put all wires in duct banks underground.

Install all new storm drainage with pump stations  and treatment plants to end flooding.

Sooooo much must be done first before any Tram system is needed.

Will have to be a monorail well above the road. When I lived there in early 00s the flooding in central Pattaya was 1.5m easy.

Pattaya doesn't need this. It needs smart people to rethink the traffic flow of the city and set hard rules.

It needs anti flooding and anti crime initiatives. Pattaya total mafia.

Trolley buses would at least be able to move round the obstacles which would inevitably appear from time to time on a rail system but would be just as useless in the floods as ground level rail systems .

29 minutes ago, Iem said:

Trolley buses would at least be able to move round the obstacles which would inevitably appear from time to time on a rail system but would be just as useless in the floods as ground level rail systems .

Overhead monorail, like Disneyworld then.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder how long it would be for the first car/tram accident to happen?

Maybe have something to wake the tram diver up when he goes to kip.

Let's face it, a tram only goes in one dimension, go and stop, the rest is determined by the tracks

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:
2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder how long it would be for the first car/tram accident to happen?

Maybe have something to wake the tram diver up when he goes to kip.

Oh dear, I suppose that means we could well see the 'usual excuses' - brakes failed, fell asleep at the wheel.

Plus, 'wheels ran over something obstructing the track' - rat, dog, ferang, baht bus.

2 hours ago, Darkside Gray said:

Where are they going to park the cars that will not be able transit in pattaya

Cities are not made for cars, and will accept less and less cars in the future. :cool:

Several big western cities already have plans to nearly get rid of (nearly) all cars. :thumbsup:

This will also happen in Thailand.

8 hours ago, seasia said:

Pattaya   Hub of plans

8 hours ago, mok199 said:

This worn out old promis

I do believe this story was run last year and the year before last...

All talk.... They talked about this tram system over 10yrs ago, and did the study, to run along beach road to walking St and down 2nd in a loop, then deciding it was not feasible, so don't hold your breath as nothing will change..... 

Wasn't a monorail proposed around five-ten years ago?

My concerns about this is that the 'taxi/Baht Bus/Motorbike taxi Mafia' will block this and any threat to their criminal monopoly of the transport 'infrastructure' so I doubt the project will ever get off the table while public officials rake in millions of Baht holding endless nose-picking meetings, pressers and so on before declaring the project as 'insupportable' after a few years. 

Pattaya does certainly need a decent public transport network, easy to use for locals and visitors alike. I know people who have been there, or visitors for years and still haven't sussed out the baht bus routes, so a decent MRT system will be a real boon to the resort. 

Archived