Pattaya: Tram network set to transform resort - less traffic, less accidents, more convenience promised

webfact

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:14 AM, ThreeEyedRaven said:

4 Million Euros just for the feasibility study? Some serious money going into some slippery folks pockets there then.

Not 4 million euro, but about 2 million euro, still a lot of money for a bag of hot air.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, balo said:

There will be no tourists left to use the tram when the project has finished.  Sad really, but you can't cure stupidity.  

No idea what you are talking about. Last statistics that I saw - about 1st half of this year - shown an increase again in the number of tourists. Many years that the number of Tourists coming to Pattaya continues to increase.

10 hours ago, torturedsole said:

I take it the baht bus drivers will be redeployed as tram drivers?  What could possibly go wrong?

It is the only possible way of preventing them swerving over to the left for passengers and mowing down other road users. 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is the only possible way of preventing them swerving over to the left for passengers and mowing down other road users. 

The other way is also to reduce the number of licences given year after year

the taxis (Green, yellow.blue and whatever) and the bathbus are already at least 50% in excess in the Pattaya streets, they turn endless honking at each pedestrian, a lot of them are empty most of the time.

It's a major pollution source and a traffic nuisance now.

On 11/28/2019 at 12:29 AM, Pattaya46 said:

No idea what you are talking about. Last statistics that I saw - about 1st half of this year - shown an increase again in the number of tourists. Many years that the number of Tourists coming to Pattaya continues to increase.

No doubt the number are up, but I think you will find the revenue form them is down, way down.  Zero baht tourists is the best they can do here now. 

25 minutes ago, Leaver said:

No doubt the number are up, but I think you will find the revenue form them is down, way down.

Source of this statement ? Please prove it, with data, not with stereotypes and caricatures on new Pattaya tourists.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

No doubt the number are up, but I think you will find the revenue form them is down, way down.  Zero baht tourists is the best they can do here now. 

Yes, they focus on the wrong 'numbers'......

I love the place for what it is or was, but this is like putting lipstick on a pig. Just building on top of garbage.  Beach water is unswimmable.  no proper waste or septic system city wide.  Road and sidewalk subsurface and stability is highly questionable for foot and car traffic.  I have doubts about it handling a tram or train

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

I love the place for what it is or was, but this is like putting lipstick on a pig. Just building on top of garbage.  Beach water is unswimmable.  no proper waste or septic system city wide.  Road and sidewalk subsurface and stability is highly questionable for foot and car traffic.  I have doubts about it handling a tram or train

Sadly what it was is long gone. It was quite small and not so crowded, difficult to get to and there was little beyond 2nd Rd, except the Honey Hotel. Never came out of the 2nd/North,Beach, Tai block except to go to Jomtiem or Naklua Beaches. Mostly beer bars, and my favourite used to have a dozen or so bobbing behind the bar. 

A tram isn't going to sort out the current mess, a few decades of greed and ineptitude to resolve there... it's gone forever. 

Archived