Pattaya: Three burnt alive in horror smash - but five year old in "miracle" survival

webfact

Pattaya: Three burnt alive in horror smash - but five year old in "miracle" survival

8pm1.jpg

Thai caption: Only the young one escaped death

Good Samaritans on the scene of a car crash near Pattaya in the early hours of Sunday morning tried desperately to save the lives of three people inside a burning Nissan Note.

There was a man and a woman and a boy inside the car that had snapped a lamppost and ended up in the central reservation. 

One of the rescuers, Chairat, 26, said that the woman was still conscious and was told to close her eyes as the rescuers attempted to smash a window. There was already a small fire.

But suddenly the fire rapidly took hold and beat back the rescuers who could only try and put out the flames with water thereafter. 

The three people inside succumbed in the fire.

8pm2.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

A five year old boy who was thrown clear in the accident survived with only minor injuries in what 77kaoded said was a miracle escape. He was taken to Bang Lamung hospital. 

The accident happened around 5am on Route 331 heading towards Chacherngsao.

Huay Yai police examining markings on the road suggested that the driver of the car had fallen asleep behind the wheel before hitting the lamppost. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-25

I once saw 6 folks burned to a crisp in the back of a pickup and 3 in the cab of the 2 door, 1 was a little girl ...they ran straight into the diesel tank of a lorry U turning accross the then new highway the pick up was petrol the sight of the burned folks is in my head like it was yesterday , sadly we know it will never end here. 

Life is just so unpredictable. 

RIP to those that have passed, horrible way to go, and I hope the little one recovers from their wounds and that relatives are around to care for the kid.

As for the emotional trauma from the loss of child's parents, we can only hope that fades in time and the child has a life that can best described as filled with love and happiness.

So sad  poor kid  I see now thais have another excuse for bad driving and accidents Falling alseep behind the wheel. First it was the brakes but they have new one now zzzzzzzzzzz behind the wheel I will use the good old Aussie saying' This is really giving me the sh  its these poor excuses why people are dying

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

AVOID long distance night drives at all cost!!!

It seems from statistics Thais have an ability to sleep behind the wheel at any time...

I hope the extended family take good care of the orphan boy!

RIP

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I refuse to drive any of my bikes at night now, other than going to 7-11 300 meters down the road, 

Somewhere there is a statistic that I paid little heed to stating that a large % of road accidents are within minutes of home. I was struck by a car from behind on my bicycle less than 100 meters from my house.

1 hour ago, Nip said:

Somewhere there is a statistic that I paid little heed to stating that a large % of road accidents are within minutes of home. I was struck by a car from behind on my bicycle less than 100 meters from my house.

In the UK they said that 70% of collisions happen within 10 miles of home. That’s because the majority of journeys fall within that radius and don’t usually involve motorways, which are statistically much safer than normal roads.

1 hour ago, Nip said:

Listen Mate...If you are on here (TVF) you are like the majority of us a  a "Coffin Dodger"......Most of us have been in and/or seen all kinds of accidents,

I have just turned 62, November 5th. I rode mortorbikes in the UK and lost many friends.....I also lost many young friends in car accidents!

I have been directly involved in a few...mostly not my fault!

When it is your time it will happen.

I never drive in the dark here, except motorbike to 7/11 or Family Mart.....300 yards each way from my place.

<deleted> drivers and bikes and even Cars driving at night with no lights sometimes, can only lead to Disaster!

But get a LIFE!...

Try Bhuddism if you're that worried!

But the story is it depends on what you do in this life as to what your reincarnation may be!

So be a good boy!:thumbsup: xxx

7 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

best time to drive, leave Pattaya at midnight and I can be at the inlaws in Phitsanulok by 5am.

Leave at 6am and It will be after 1pm before I get there.....If I get a good run.

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

It seems from statistics Thais have an ability to sleep behind the wheel at any time...

I hope the extended family take good care of the orphan boy!

RIP

..you're right about the time of day, wasn't it just a few days ago here it was reported a deputy police chief crashed and totaled his car after falling asleep around 4:30pm..

When only the best amulet will do! Deputy police chief survives Benz devastation.jpg

13 hours ago, ubon farang said:

So sad  poor kid  I see now thais have another excuse for bad driving and accidents Falling alseep behind the wheel. First it was the brakes but they have new one now zzzzzzzzzzz behind the wheel I will use the good old Aussie saying' This is really giving me the sh  its these poor excuses why people are dying

Research has shown most fatal accidents have a suicidal leaning. Fell asleep at wheel. Saves face. Child is hardly lucky. 

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Poor boy. Probably an orphan now(?).

I always drive at  night, way safer  12  midnight to 5 am best times. Difference is I  will sleep before the drive not during it.

43 minutes ago, Chazar said:

I always drive at  night, way safer  12  midnight to 5 am best times. Difference is I  will sleep before the drive not during it.

Isnt there a greater chance of meeting drunks returning from bar, or an amphetamine fueled truck driver, in those hours.

41 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Isnt there a greater chance of meeting drunks returning from bar, or an amphetamine fueled truck driver, in those hours.

the  amount of vehicles on the road at those times are seriously reduced and  judging  by the way most Thais  drive drunk or  not they are  all  <deleted>.

I have done lots of night time travelling on tour buses and  even scheduled

buses. All I found was the scenery is less at night, and if there is an accident

the flashing lights of emergency vehicles help everyone slow down by the accident scene.

I doubt that there is that many more drunks on the road in Thailand compared with

many other countries.

Geezer

Haven't looked into it but I get the impression that vehicle fires after accidents are increasing in numbers.  Fact or just that the social media reports give that impression, I don't know.

My own feeling is they are more frequent nowadays due to high pressure fuel systems that run at 80psi plus. Any cracked/broken fuel line now has the potential to keep pushing a lot of fuel out after the smash and cause a fire.

Just a thought.

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Haven't looked into it but I get the impression that vehicle fires after accidents are increasing in numbers.  Fact or just that the social media reports give that impression, I don't know.

Some years ago many incidents were attributed to back-street fuel conversions.

Collected my daughter from the airport last night maybe

20 Km at most,in that time 10 motorbikes and 2 cars

no rear lights,one of the cars looked brand new,front

lights working.it's bad enough driving in the daytime

but at night !.

Hope the little lad can find some peace and go on to

a bright future.

regards Worgeordie

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Three times as many deaths in the night than during daytime.

Drunks, vehicles with no or barely invisible lights.

Broken down vehicles with no flashlights etc.

Stepson of a Germany guy two nights ago crashed "papas" brand new limousine.

Ran into a tractor/farm machine.

But each to his own.

Archived