TM30 blues

Just got home to Samui yesterday from several months in home country and spent over an hour today trying to do my TM30 online, this even though I was already registered.  Kept getting an error message about the sequence of something but even though I redid it three times, it was never accepted. I'll try again tomorrow or I have to run over to Immigration to hand it in.  Even if it had been accepted,  I never saw a way to submit it unless the save7record button does it automatically.  Does it? Or does something else come up if/when you get it right? And how strict is Samui immigration about these forms?  I will have to be in Bangkok for a few months once  a week for medical reasons.  Will I have to redo it weekly?  All insights/info appreciated.

I presume you use the IO TM30 website to file your TM30s.

In that case use the Excel-file to upload your data.  Filling in the data directly on the screen and then clicking save makes them disappear, and you will be confused where they are.

Uploading the filled-in Excel-sheet makes your data appear on the bottom of the screen, then click save and they will be uploaded in the TM30 database.

You can then check if they are actually there (and make a screenshot) by clicking on the left-hand page click on the 2nd directory and select Search TM30.

Enter your username (when it does not appear automatically) and then fill in the search-period for your TM30.  The dates need to be max 7 days apart and be in thai date-notation.

Your uploaded TM30 will appear and you can take a screenshot.

>> If you need more info just PM me and I will send over a step-by-step instruction to register and file TM30s on-line.

Success!

• 3 weeks later...

The Excel-file does not support Thai fonts. Looks kinda funny, since the date the report was done can't be deciphered.

Just to clarify, this only needs to be reported when you stay outside of your province? If you go anywhere in Surat Thani province, you don't need to submit a report?

1 hour ago, limbos said:

The Excel-file does not support Thai fonts. Looks kinda funny, since the date the report was done can't be deciphered.

Just to clarify, this only needs to be reported when you stay outside of your province? If you go anywhere in Surat Thani province, you don't need to submit a report?.

I had no problem showing a print without the Thai characters at Samui Immigration Office.

3 hours ago, limbos said:

The Excel-file does support Thai fonts.  I don't have a thai key-board when filling it in.  But to fill the field 'relation' I use the tab at the bottom of the Excel-file with the different options and copy-paste the correct thai 'relation' in that field.

The filled-in Excel-file is not to be used as evidence that you filed your TM30.  It is simply used to input your data straight into the IO TM30 database. 

Having done so, you can then check if they are actually there (and make a screenshot) by clicking on the left-hand page click on the 2nd directory and select Search TM30.

Enter your username (when it does not appear automatically) and then fill in the search-period for your TM30.  The dates need to be max 7 days apart and be in thai date-notation.

Your uploaded TM30 will appear and you can take a screenshot, and that will feature the date you uploaded your TM30.

3 hours ago, limbos said:

Just to clarify, this only needs to be reported when you stay outside of your province? If you go anywhere in Surat Thani province, you don't need to submit a report?

According to Thai law a TM30 has to be filed within 24 hours of a foreigner arriving at the place of stay (this can be a Hotel, guesthouse, (girl)friends place, rental condo, ...).

However, not all IOs enforce TM30 compliance.  Some require it when you visit your IO for a service that requires your address (e.g. an extension of stay or a residence permit).  Some want a TM30 filed after arriving from abroad to the place where you are staying.  Some want a TM30 filed after every return from outside the province.  Some want a TM30 filed EVERY time you come back at the place you are staying.  And some don't bother at all.

You could of course also ask your local IO for which of the above cases they require that a TM30 has been filed.  But don't be surprised that the officer handling your extension of stay might have a different view than the info given by his colleague.

In order to be on the safe side, it is recommended to ensure a current TM30 has been filed from the place you are staying when visiting your IO for an extension of stay.

On 11/26/2019 at 6:21 PM, Peter Denis said:

You can then check if they are actually there (and make a screenshot) by clicking on the left-hand page click on the 2nd directory and select Search TM30.

Your uploaded TM30 will appear and you can take a screenshot.

>> If you need more info just PM me and I will send over a step-by-step instruction to register and file TM30s on-line.

Success!

Thanks for the tip on how to print out the TM 30 details. I have been trying to work this one out for months. The print out is needed for visa extensions.

I do not use the 'upload spreadsheet' as I find the entry screen easy to use and it formats and capitalises for me.

For an idiots guide for the print out, I wrote this for my staff (and for me for when I forget). We use Firefox.

Enter the TM 30 details

Save

Exit (just once)

Click on 2nd directory

Click on Search TM 30

Enter dates and click search

Right click for pop up menu (different browsers may be different from here)

Click on 'take a screenshot'

Click on save visable

Click on download

Then go to file explorer and find the file in downloads

Double click and then click on the printer icon (top right)

Print

Long winded but as I said - the TM 30 guide for dummy's

47 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Thanks for the tip on how to print out the TM 30 details. I have been trying to work this one out for months. The print out is needed for visa extensions.

I do not use the 'upload spreadsheet' as I find the entry screen easy to use and it formats and capitalises for me.

Hi Tropicalevo,

The information below might be useful for you (it's an excerpt from the step-by step instruction I compiled on how to register and file TM30s on-line using the IO TM30 website).

On the website you can also download a TM30 Excel-file (for your convenience I have attached it with this message), and it's just a matter of filling the above data in on that Excel-file, which can then be uploaded on the TM30 website, where they will appear at the bottom (scroll down).

Trying to fill in the data directly in the fields and then save, makes the data disappear and you will be confused whether it has been accepted or not.  So better use the handy TM30 Excel-sheet, which has the big advantage that you can simply keep a copy of that filled-in TM30 Excel-sheet, and next time you do not need to fill in everything again but only what has changed. 

After a domestic trip, simply re-upload the TM30 Excel-file and it will be filed as arriving from date of upload.  After returning from a trip abroad you will have a new TM-6 with different number, so that should be updated on the Excel-file before submitting.  As well as the entry-port if that is a different one than the previous entry.

When the first TM30 has been filed using the Excel-sheet, any subsequent stays will take less than a minute to upload.

Note: Some of the data to be filled in, need to use the thai date-notation (2562 AD), and don't make use of Google thai-translator, but copy/paste the thai 'relation' data.

TM30_FORM.xls

A print of the generated TM30 excel-file is accepted as receipt for reporting by Samui Immigration, also without Thai characters, and also when applying for extension of stay, as it includes the reporting date in the top text together with name of reporter and residence; and the basic information of reported persons, such as name, date of birth, passport number, arrival and departure dates, type of via, entry pory, and TM-number...????

10 hours ago, khunPer said:

A print of the generated TM30 excel-file is accepted as receipt for reporting by Samui Immigration, also without Thai characters, and also when applying for extension of stay, as it includes the reporting date in the top text together with name of reporter and residence; and the basic information of reported persons, such as name, date of birth, passport number, arrival and departure dates, type of via, entry pory, and TM-number...????

I do not doubt what you are saying.  But filling in the TM30 Excel-file is done off-line.  And only when it is uploaded on the IO TM30 website will its content be incorporated in the IO TM30 database.

So the filled-in Excel-sheet is no proof that you filed a TM30.  Only a screenshot of your TM30 using the SearchTM30 option from the website is actual proof that you filed it.

Obviously Samui immigration can use the data from the Excel-file print-out to check whether it has been uploaded in the system.  And I presume that's what they do.

But I would not presume that other IOs would accept the print-out of the Excel-sheet as proof that you filed your TM30 without doing the actual check that it is in the database.

5 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

I do not doubt what you are saying.  But filling in the TM30 Excel-file is done off-line.  And only when it is uploaded on the IO TM30 website will its content be incorporated in the IO TM30 database.

So the filled-in Excel-sheet is no proof that you filed a TM30.  Only a screenshot of your TM30 using the SearchTM30 option from the website is actual proof that you filed it.

Obviously Samui immigration can use the data from the Excel-file print-out to check whether it has been uploaded in the system.  And I presume that's what they do.

But I would not presume that other IOs would accept the print-out of the Excel-sheet as proof that you filed your TM30 without doing the actual check that it is in the database.

Thanks for your reply, but you are not in accordance with local information for Surat Thani Province.

No, it's not an excel-upload, it's done online on Surat Thani Immigration's special web-page for TM30 notifications – Samui is in Surat Thani province – and the excel-file is automatic generated for download print as receipt. That's why the Surat Thani excel-file includes the time-stamp at top, and is valid as proof of registration.

image.png.d62999f5f9fca9740f9a69f6f9ed9a80.png

Online notification form

image.png.ee2c21097f43ec563875b5e5f99ed4a4.png

After reporting the statement page is shown, including last report, with a ready to print XLS-file (for example visible in MS-Excel, but in my case without Thai characters).

image.png.adb5b392c0386f14211a11f88d13ecc6.png

What the XLS-file looks like on a MS-Excel screen.

If you don't have local knowledge from Surat Thani province, please don't post misleading information valid for other provinces in a local forum, as it's often little different from province-to-province, and might not be valid for Surat Thani Immigration, and Samui Immigration Office. Surat Thani online TM30 form has worked fine for years, whilst others have had problems with their local immigration office's web-page, for example it's often been posted in Thaivisa forum about difficulty in receiving a password in certain provinces.

As shown from above Screen Shots with my name "Per" from today, I'm posting based on local experience.

@Tropicalevo, forget your complicated print manual, and use the online registration you are used to, download the XLS-file, and print it (without Thai characters) as proof; it has worked well for me and others. I'm using an older version of MS-Office, so perhaps the latest software works different, and include Thai fonts. @PoorSucker mentioned before that he can print his XLS-receipt with Thai characters, perhaps he will post what software (app) he use for doing that.

????

34 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Thanks for your reply, but you are not in accordance with local information for Surat Thani Province.

If you don't have local knowledge from Surat Thani province, please don't post misleading information valid for other provinces in a local forum, as it's often little different from province-to-province, and might not be valid for Surat Thani Immigration, and Samui Immigration Office.

Thanks.  I was under the impression that there was only one nation-wide IO TM30 website [ https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/ ] and had no idea that there were different IO TM30 websites for different provinces.

First time I hear about that.

Thailand never ceases to Amaze me!

Note: I did not access the thread on the local Surathani TV Forum, it was posted on the global Forum.  

• 2 weeks later...

samui immigration is extremely friendly. i went and asked if my landlord did tm30 or not. they checked with their system and told me i have no tm30. officer told me please told your landlord to register you. didnt pay anything as penaly or fee. you can also ask them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 10:46 AM, khunPer said:

I had no problem showing a print without the Thai characters at Samui Immigration Office.

I had no problem extending for another year without any proof of a filed TM30.

They didn't even want my missus to file one when we asked about it, they pointed to the 90 day report slip in my passport and said that it was good enough.

5 hours ago, lom said:

I had no problem extending for another year without any proof of a filed TM30.

They didn't even want my missus to file one when we asked about it, they pointed to the 90 day report slip in my passport and said that it was good enough.

Thanks for update, sounds good. Rules at Immigration are changed a little all the time. That's why for example an updated pinned thread about annual extension of stay is valuable.

Archived