BANGKOK

5 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

I do not doubt what you are saying.  But filling in the TM30 Excel-file is done off-line.  And only when it is uploaded on the IO TM30 website will its content be incorporated in the IO TM30 database.

So the filled-in Excel-sheet is no proof that you filed a TM30.  Only a screenshot of your TM30 using the SearchTM30 option from the website is actual proof that you filed it.

Obviously Samui immigration can use the data from the Excel-file print-out to check whether it has been uploaded in the system.  And I presume that's what they do.

But I would not presume that other IOs would accept the print-out of the Excel-sheet as proof that you filed your TM30 without doing the actual check that it is in the database.

Thanks for your reply, but you are not in accordance with local information for Surat Thani Province.

No, it's not an excel-upload, it's done online on Surat Thani Immigration's special web-page for TM30 notifications – Samui is in Surat Thani province – and the excel-file is automatic generated for download print as receipt. That's why the Surat Thani excel-file includes the time-stamp at top, and is valid as proof of registration.

image.png.d62999f5f9fca9740f9a69f6f9ed9a80.png

Online notification form

image.png.ee2c21097f43ec563875b5e5f99ed4a4.png

After reporting the statement page is shown, including last report, with a ready to print XLS-file (for example visible in MS-Excel, but in my case without Thai characters).

image.png.adb5b392c0386f14211a11f88d13ecc6.png

What the XLS-file looks like on a MS-Excel screen.

If you don't have local knowledge from Surat Thani province, please don't post misleading information valid for other provinces in a local forum, as it's often little different from province-to-province, and might not be valid for Surat Thani Immigration, and Samui Immigration Office. Surat Thani online TM30 form has worked fine for years, whilst others have had problems with their local immigration office's web-page, for example it's often been posted in Thaivisa forum about difficulty in receiving a password in certain provinces.

As shown from above Screen Shots with my name "Per" from today, I'm posting based on local experience.

@Tropicalevo, forget your complicated print manual, and use the online registration you are used to, download the XLS-file, and print it (without Thai characters) as proof; it has worked well for me and others. I'm using an older version of MS-Office, so perhaps the latest software works different, and include Thai fonts. @PoorSucker mentioned before that he can print his XLS-receipt with Thai characters, perhaps he will post what software (app) he use for doing that.

🙂

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Thanks for your reply, but you are not in accordance with local information for Surat Thani Province.

If you don't have local knowledge from Surat Thani province, please don't post misleading information valid for other provinces in a local forum, as it's often little different from province-to-province, and might not be valid for Surat Thani Immigration, and Samui Immigration Office.

Thanks.  I was under the impression that there was only one nation-wide IO TM30 website [ https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/ ] and had no idea that there were different IO TM30 websites for different provinces.

First time I hear about that.

Thailand never ceases to Amaze me!

Note: I did not access the thread on the local Surathani TV Forum, it was posted on the global Forum.  

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Thanks 1

samui immigration is extremely friendly. i went and asked if my landlord did tm30 or not. they checked with their system and told me i have no tm30. officer told me please told your landlord to register you. didnt pay anything as penaly or fee. you can also ask them.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 10:46 AM, khunPer said:

I had no problem showing a print without the Thai characters at Samui Immigration Office.

I had no problem extending for another year without any proof of a filed TM30.

They didn't even want my missus to file one when we asked about it, they pointed to the 90 day report slip in my passport and said that it was good enough.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lom said:

I had no problem extending for another year without any proof of a filed TM30.

They didn't even want my missus to file one when we asked about it, they pointed to the 90 day report slip in my passport and said that it was good enough.

Thanks for update, sounds good. Rules at Immigration are changed a little all the time. That's why for example an updated pinned thread about annual extension of stay is valuable.

• Like 1