Urologist in Chiang Mai

CNXexpat

After a couple of years I want to visit again a "men´s doctor" for a check-up. Any recommendations? 

I found some good and some bad reviews of Dr. Phitsanu Mahawong in the internet, who has a clinic with his wife at the Canal Rd. near the Suthep Rd..

• Like 1

If you search this forum you will find a thread from a guy who highly recommended a younger urologist at Bangkok Hospital C.M. about 6 months ago, named Dr. Wittawat. Unfortunately it seems the doctor does not have a private clinic and only practices at this expensive hospital.

There are some excellent urologists in Bangkok but it is difficult to find a good one here IMO. Ajarn Bannakij is the best but he is not available as he is far too busy with commitments at CMU.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2019 at 8:21 PM, elektrified said:

If you search this forum you will find a thread from a guy who highly recommended a younger urologist at Bangkok Hospital C.M. about 6 months ago, named Dr. Wittawat. Unfortunately it seems the doctor does not have a private clinic and only practices at this expensive hospital.

There are some excellent urologists in Bangkok but it is difficult to find a good one here IMO. Ajarn Bannakij is the best but he is not available as he is far too busy with commitments at CMU.

It seems this doctors doesn´t work there anymore  

https://www.bangkokhospital.com/en/bangkok_urology_center_tab

Any other recommendation?

Dr wittawat, is great, I see him once every two months, he works mainly at Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai, but also works at government/public hospitals, I asked if I could see him there, but he refused and advised wait times a long and consultations quick, however after doing maths with my insurance premiums, gaps, etc it works out costing only slightly more expensive at Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai,

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kmw said:

Dr wittawat, is great, I see him once every two months, he works mainly at Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai, but also works at government/public hospitals, I asked if I could see him there, but he refused and advised wait times a long and consultations quick, however after doing maths with my insurance premiums, gaps, etc it works out costing only slightly more expensive at Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai,

Thank you. I visited him this week and he is a good one.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Thank you. I visited him this week and he is a good one.

+1.

Affable, has a sense of humor.

Someone mentioned several urologists at CM Ram who push aggressive procedures from go.

That's not the type of doctor I'm looking for.

Dr. Wittawat is more conservative than that.

5 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

+1.

Affable, has a sense of humor.

Someone mentioned several urologists at CM Ram who push aggressive procedures from go.

That's not the type of doctor I'm looking for.

Dr. Wittawat is more conservative than that.

I’m with you. I like the docs that wear a red rubber nose, tell jokes and suggest no treatment.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThaiPauly said:

Doctor Wittawat loves to draw pictures doesn't he?

I would get arrested for drawing the things he does ????

Hahaha, yes indeed, every time I see him I get a graphic memory to leave with 

• Haha 1