Musk to testify in own defense in defamation trial against British cave explorer

webfact

Don't Musk have better things to do with his time?  I am an Elon Musk fan but I think this is a serious mistake , I am sure his lawyers have advised him against it, and I am wondering if all these things might Have gone to his head, also as an investor  in Tesla (by comparison small change) I am wondering what other good advise he might not be taking.  I bought at $260 perhaps time for some profit taking??

15 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Don't Musk have better things to do with his time?  I am an Elon Musk fan but I think this is a serious mistake , I am sure his lawyers have advised him against it, and I am wondering if all these things might Have gone to his head, also as an investor  in Tesla (by comparison small change) I am wondering what other good advise he might not be taking.  I bought at $260 perhaps time for some profit taking??

Nah! Elon will prove that you won’t be able to suck money out of someone’s pocket just because you call someone pedo guy. Unsworth should grow up and move on with his life before he gets kicked out of Thailand if Elon ever threatens future investments in the kingdom. Politics at play!

18 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I am an Elon Musk fan but I think this is a serious mistake ...

Couldn't agree more.  The guy's a genius but shouldn't have risen to Vernon's bait with his lurid response.  Musk isn't going to be bankrupted by any amount of compensation but prefer him to be getting on with his very successful business rather than arseing about in litigation.  

1 minute ago, Eindhoven said:
4 minutes ago, racket said:

I hope Musk wins though! The other guy started it and we all know he’s doing it for the money. Unsworth has lost all my respect. Keep fighting Elon! 

Ridiculous....

Why??

Unsworty started it by insulting Musk, why is Unsworth's insult allowed but Musk's not? 

I think Musk has a very good chance of winning , and even if Unsworth won, he'll be dead and buried before he sees a penny. 

On 11/26/2019 at 5:29 PM, oobar said:

Is pedo also not short for pedodontist, which, though likely not correct in this case, is hardly an insult worth suing over.  A silly lawsuit.

Inference, do you know what that means - from your silly post, it would seem you don't. 

18 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Is pedo also not short for pedodontist, which, though likely not correct in this case, is hardly an insult worth suing over.  A silly lawsuit.

Inference, do you know what that means - from your silly post, it would seem you don't. 

Edited 17 minutes ago by Artisi

Do you know what "also" means?

2 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Musk is toast.

If i was his lawyer I would had advised him to let them handle it. IMO appearing in court is a huge mistake. What kan he tell that his lawyers could not? But as far as the legal case is concern there is a case of self defence to be made. How successful remains to be seen, you might very well be right .

On 11/26/2019 at 10:29 AM, oobar said:

It clearly means child abuser a d child rapist. Musk did not just slander Unsworth in the worst way possible but effectively,  all male expats in Thailand. Musk now can not visit the UK or Thailand where he must appear in court to answer for his crimes.

51 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Why??

Unsworty started it by insulting Musk, why is Unsworth's insult allowed but Musk's not? 

I think Musk has a very good chance of winning , and even if Unsworth won, he'll be dead and buried before he sees a penny. 

Actually Musk started it by being an ᧜hoľe and using a tragedy to grandstand and arrogantly promote a bonkers device.

7 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

...and you'll get banned. There are rules.

Your thinking is directly from the playground. 

is about as childish as it gets.

So you call me a name and I stab you with a knife and it's all ok because you started it. No consequences, we both just get over it.

Cool thinking.....or maybe you want to rethink.

Maybe you want to rethink

Musk was the ONLY billionaire who took the time to come to Thailand and offered some help

But no, Vern didn't like the guy, and <deleted> in his face on TV.

It does not matter what Vern thinks is good or bad help, but Musk did come all the way.

Did you go there to help?

If I get <deleted> in my face, I will also call you names,

then you should not go crying afterwards that I called you names

And no, he did not use a knife,

he simply offered help

such a bad bad guy uh?

17 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Actually Musk started it by being an ᧜hoľe and using a tragedy to grandstand and arrogantly promote a bonkers device.

yup and for sure his immature arrogant grandstanding led to way more electric car sales

he teamed up with engineers and brought it all at his expense 8000 miles from home.

there may be a % that simply resent people like him because they are super successful, highly intelligent, and creative.

18 hours ago, torturedsole said:

Couldn't agree more.  The guy's a genius but shouldn't have risen to Vernon's bait with his lurid response.  Musk isn't going to be bankrupted by any amount of compensation but prefer him to be getting on with his very successful business rather than arseing about in litigation.  

Litigation. The first word that so many kids seem to learn nowadays.

17 hours ago, MarcB said:

Maybe you want to rethink

Musk was the ONLY billionaire who took the time to come to Thailand and offered some help

But no, Vern didn't like the guy, and <deleted> in his face on TV.

It does not matter what Vern thinks is good or bad help, but Musk did come all the way.

Did you go there to help?

If I get <deleted> in my face, I will also call you names,

then you should not go crying afterwards that I called you names

And no, he did not use a knife,

he simply offered help

such a bad bad guy uh?

What does any of what you write have to do with anything?!

He offered to help, he was told in no uncertain terms that it would not work. He responded by alleging that Vernon was a paedophile, went to great lengths to prove it and then challenged Vern to prove that he was not a paedophile by suing him. 

So in Vernon did not sue, he would be assumed guilty for not challenging Elon's claims.

Hardly just a case of name calling, but a sustained attempt to smear someone's character. He will have to pay for it, as only an idiot or a sycophant would try to defend Musk in such a matter.

Almost akin to defending a paedophile. Best to distance yourself.

This has already been discussed at length.

It's feels somewhat akin to trying to discuss planning a trajectory to the moon with a three year old. They just aren't going to get it.

That is why I won't bother to expend more energy discussing it with you, if you don't mind.

I don't think you followed the case at all, he called Vern a pedo not just once, he called him a pedo a second time, not only that he got someone to check Vern's past history in Pattaya to see if there was any dirt he could dig up, he also tried to say that Vern married his wife when she was under aged all unsuccessful, and it was Musk who dared Vern to sue him, not the other round as many on here keep saying! 

7 hours ago, atyclb said:

there may be a % that simply resent people like him because they are super successful, highly intelligent, and creative.

There may be a percentage both on here and in the world at large, who suspect that Musk used the attention he gathered from being considered "super successful, highly intelligent, and creative" .to publicly and vocally accuse as a paedophile a man with whom he had a public disagreement. That same percentage may now suspect that Musk expects his reputation for being "super successful, highly intelligent, and creative" will somehow allow him to avoid answering for making that accusation.

Unsworth could have chosen his words better, but let's not forget he'd been awake for god knows how many hours, and under enormous stress with the rescue still very much in the balance.   He can be excused for calling out someone for grandstanding, and it certainly appears in hindsight that he was right.

Musk on the other hand has millions of sycophantic followers. He chose to seek the public spotlight and has been incredibly successful at getting his name out there.  Whilst there is a slightly mitigating circumstance in Unsworths original words, there is a noteable difference in that Unsworth's premise was based in fact.  The degree of defamation is very much impacted by the size of the audience.

No doubt any penalty will be insignificant to Musk, and he just wants the other guy to suffer through the process.  Probably a financially smart move as it acts as a good deterrent to future law suits.

Maybe we all can go to court ? He labelled all of us pedos for choosing to live in Thailand. For Musk . Thailand means dirty old men looking for young kids.  
When your message reaches millions of people worldwide, we all have to suffer because of his stupid actions.  

7 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

What does any of what you write have to do with anything?!

He offered to help, he was told in no uncertain terms that it would not work. He responded by alleging that Vernon was a paedophile, went to great lengths to prove it and then challenged Vern to prove that he was not a paedophile by suing him. 

So in Vernon did not sue, he would be assumed guilty for not challenging Elon's claims.

Hardly just a case of name calling, but a sustained attempt to smear someone's character. He will have to pay for it, as only an idiot or a sycophant would try to defend Musk in such a matter.

Almost akin to defending a paedophile. Best to distance yourself.

This has already been discussed at length.

It's feels somewhat akin to trying to discuss planning a trajectory to the moon with a three year old. They just aren't going to get it.

That is why I won't bother to expend more energy discussing it with you, if you don't mind.

Me, as many others on this tread, have written their opinions.

Me, nor other person has verbally insulted you personally.

Then you come along and start people calling names.

And comparing us with 3 year olds, sycophants, idiots and what else...

Listen Cheesehead, if you cannot properly write your own opinions, instead of making it personal,

then do not write anything at all.

>
Yeah please don't. I totally don't mind

You can disagree with Musk traveling 8000 miles and inventing a mini sub to help people

sure, that is your opinion.

We are not going to insult you for that.

But learn how to write proper opinions otherwise just <deleted> off

Archived