Mother of all excuses! Electrical authorities promise cable action by Thursday

webfact

Mother of all excuses! Electrical authorities promise cable action by Thursday

4pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Pedestrians and residents who complained that they had to duck under what they considered to be dangerous cables on an Ayuthaya footbridge were given a "shocking" excuse by the authorities. 

The electrical authority blamed the bridge for being built after the cables were in place. 

Perhaps fortunately for anyone who might have been electrocuted by the wires - just 165 centimeters from the walkway - the bridge is outside Ratchathani Ayuthaya Hospital. 

4pm2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Stung by repeated calls for action that finally hit the press, the authorities were at the scene yesterday wondering what to do. 

They said that there was no danger as no electricity was flowing through the cables. 

They promised to do something on Thursday. 

Sources: Daily News | Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-26

You just gotta laugh, bridge was built after cables were installed, so no communication between relevant authorities, bloody pathetic.

Reminds me of years ago in the UK, i was stuck on a train for over 9 hours, train was stranded because the wrong kind of leaves were on the tracks.

This just highlights the degree of daily '<deleted><kw!ttery' the highly juvenile mindsets are capable of. 

Is that a Thai Bash, damn right it is, but not all Thai's, only those who are involved in the galactically idiotic decision making or worse inaction that leads to these issue and issues like them we see so commonly in Thailand, some of which lead to serious injury of innocents. 

59 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You just gotta laugh, bridge was built after cables were installed, so no communication between relevant authorities, bloody pathetic.

Reminds me of years ago in the UK, i was stuck on a train for over 9 hours, train was stranded because the wrong kind of leaves were on the tracks.

yeah I rememeber that Colin....a great excuse FROM Brit Rail....were you going to blackers for some rock and  a "kiss me quick" hat ???

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Yes, I remember that pish poor excuse. Wasn't there also the wrong kind of snow later?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

They promised to do something on Thursday. 

They are going to have a meeting in a local restaurant, on expenses, to decide a date to hold a meeting at city hall to decide who will form a committee to debate the possible way forwards, and to decide which one of their relatives companies, if not all, could be employed to make a feasibility study on how best to remedy the situation. Should take care of the next six months or so......

The question is: Why do idiocies like this keep occurring in Thailand?

Because (1) noone - the workers or the bosses - has their brain switched on for independent thought or action and (2) noone will in any case take responsibility for doing anything.

And why is that? Because of the constant presence of the cultural values: hierarchy & status, and fear of loss of status. If you do nothing and say nothing, no harm can come to you ...

4 hours ago, Daffy D said:

I seem to remember they brought in a special train from Sweden that had rotating brushes to clean the rails, affectionately called the Swedish Scrubber :clap2: 

Is that anything like a "Swedish Princess" (see Kingsman) my GF offered?

Archived