Thais are so kind! They even put seats outside their homes for you to rest on, says German

webfact

Thais are so kind! They even put seats outside their homes for you to rest on, says German

7pm.jpg

Thai caption: Farang praises Thais for being kind

A Thai family member posted a funny story on Facebook about a German relative of theirs who was visiting Thailand. 

The foreigner was taken to a market in Samut Sakhon and commented after seeing seats placed outside a home. 

He apparently said that the Thais were a wonderful race - they showed such consideration for others to the point of providing a rest spot outside their houses. 

It was not known if the farang was being serious or having a Germanic laugh. 

The situation in the picture is one often criticized in Thailand; people putting things in the road to illegally reserve parking spots, notes Thaivisa. 

Source: Nation TV

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-26

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ongoing sense of entitlement enabled by pure apathy within those who should be enforcing regulations... 

How many times have we seen it? we can't park because someone wants to keep an empty spot on a public road. The behavior has become the norm such that when it's questioned the situation can become somewhat tense. 

Everyone knows that if you rent or own a house here by the road, the pavement and road directly in front of it is yours. 

I remember a shop selling religious decorations (yes, they were decorations) had some religious ceremony outside the front of their shop. They filled the pavement in front of their shop with chairs so customers could sit and listen a monk. Of course the pavement was blocked so pedestrians had to walk out onto the road into oncoming traffic. Oh, it was a very spiritual moment. I wish I was less pragmatic and more spiritual. To be enlightened. 

remember the age when the germans use to get up at the crack of dawn to put towels on the sun loungers by the pool,  and we brits use to ccome along and throw the towels in the pool,,   happy days,, it was a national joke at the time, (do they still do it ?) lol

19 minutes ago, TooBigToFit said:

Not only do they leave chairs for you to rest on, sometimes they even leave a bottle of fanta or two in front of their homes if you are thirsty as well as a small bowl of rice if you are hungry. ????

I agree, it shows a lot of hospitality, like the free shoe exchange outside of the temples. 

5 minutes ago, marcusb said:

I agree, it shows a lot of hospitality, like the free shoe exchange outside of the temples. 

It must be a funny guy like you who took my new flip-flops the other day, and left the old ones ????

In all countries, we put chairs, crates, cones, along sidewalks, to mark our location or our territory, even with a ban on parking.
As for the prayers, in my country,
it's in the streets that it's happening,
  behind in the air, in single file.

9 minutes ago, sirocco said:

In all countries, we put chairs, crates, cones, along sidewalks, to mark our location or our territory, even with a ban on parking.

No we don't. We mark our territory with a fence. We are not allowed to mark public property.... 

Of course, for those houses without off-street parking 'residents' parking is usually provided with a permit (permit holders only can park in these areas). 

In other areas the competition for parking spaces is greater, especially in city centers or nearby schools at pickup time.

I never see cones & crates to block off a parking spot though, perhaps it happens in the really sh!tty areas.

7 minutes ago, sirocco said:

There was a street in my home town in the Uk that had almost entirely populated by the local Pakistani community. Was always difficult to find parking in the street because several families would routinely place traffic cones (invariably previously stolen) outside their houses. All illegal in the UK. I was a regular visitor to the street to purchase produce from the Asian shop in the street (and you think Thais have dual pricing? 555) and would remove a row of cones to park my car.

The residents continued to complain to the council about non residents parking in the street so the council kindly made the whole street "residents parking only", the only problem being that the residents had to pay a hefty fee or parking permits. Now the street is virtually free of both cones and cars. Som nam na.

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Everyone knows that if you rent or own a house here by the road, the pavement and road directly in front of it is yours. 

I remember a shop selling religious decorations (yes, they were decorations) had some religious ceremony outside the front of their shop. They filled the pavement in front of their shop with chairs so customers could sit and listen a monk. Of course the pavement was blocked so pedestrians had to walk out onto the road into oncoming traffic. Oh, it was a very spiritual moment. I wish I was less pragmatic and more spiritual. To be enlightened. 

My neighbours think the road in front of our house is their parking lot because they don't have money for a carport and also cut the tree's in front of their own house. Sooo kind.

They also love to show me their underwear which is parked on the road for all to see.

And best of all is they order their gardeners at saturday 8 am when we are having coffee and breakfast.

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Comedy not really known as a German trait  ????

regards Worgeordie

You think no German watches these shows?

Or perhaps you think they sit there, stony faced and unsmiling, as if in some WW1, anti-German propaganda cartoon illustration?

Like the one that's imprinted on what's left of your memory?

Still, good of you to confirm a stereotypical, English, "trait".

German television comedy - Wikipedia

since 2000: Night Wash: live stand-up comedy show for upcoming new comedians, filmed in a real laundrette, ran on WDR and ARD until 2007; since then on Comedy Central Germany (which started broadcasting in 2007).

2000 – 2006: Alles Atze, comedy sitcom starring Atze Schröder, on RTL

2001 – 2003: Elton.tv, late night television comedy talk show hosted by Elton, on Pro Sieben

2001 – 2005: Was guckst du?!, sketch show starring Kaya Yanar, on Sat.1

since 2002: Die Dreisten Drei, short sketches with Mirja Boes and others, runs on Sat.1

2002 – 2004, again since 2008: Ladykracher, comedy sketch series starring Anke Engelke, on Sat. 1; Anke won a Rose d'Or as best comedy performer in the series

since 2002: Comedystreet, based on Trigger Happy TV and starring Simon Gosejohann, on Pro Sieben

2002 – 2009: Sechserpack, comedy sketch show with six actors including the British-German Emily Wood, on Sat.1

2003 – 2011: Genial daneben – Die Comedy Arena presented by Hugo Egon Balder on Sat. 1 (one of first improvised shows, set off a series of other improvisation-based shows)

2003 – 2006: Rent a Pocher, show starring Oliver Pocher, on Pro Sieben

2004 – 2007; 2009 – 2011: Schillerstraße improvised comedy soap opera; main actress was Cordula Stratmann, later Jürgen Vogel, runs on Sat.1. German concept, taken up by Fox TV and sold in many other countries; won Rose d'Or Press Prize (most innovative programme).

2004 – 2012: Stromberg, mockumentary comedy series partly based on The Office, starring Christoph Maria Herbst on Pro Sieben

2005 – 2008: Frei Schnauze (improvisational comedy show adapted from Whose Line Is It Anyway?), presented by Mike Krüger then Dirk Bach on RTL

since 2005: Pastewka, sitcom starring Bastian Pastewka, partly based on Curb Your Enthusiasm, but scripted, on Sat.1; Pastewka won a Rose d'Or for his performance in the sitcom.

2006 – 2009: Türkisch für Anfänger ('Turkish for Beginners'), comedy-drama series dealing with transcultural issues (see Turks in Germany), on ARD; won the German Television Award (Best Show of 2006) and an Adolf Grimme Award (Best Entertainment Show of 2007) and was nominated for a Rose d'Or twice (2006 & 2007).

2006 – 2009: Die ProSieben Märchenstunde ('ProSieben Fairy Tale Hour') comedy series featuring a chaning cast of German and Austrian comedians and satirising fairy tale classics

since 2007: Switch reloaded, the sequel of Switch with partially same staff, on Pro Sieben.

since 2009: heute-show a late-night satirical television program airing on public broadcasting channel ZDF; a conceptual adaptation of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart; being presented by comedian and journalist Oliver Welke

2010 – 2014: Danni Lowinski a legal dramedy featuring Annette Frier as the eponymous character

since 2010: Der letzte Bulle ('The last cop') a comedy-drama series centered about a cop, portrayed by Henning Baum, from the 1980s put into a modern police department in Essen

since 2011: Der Tatortreiniger ('Crime Scene Cleaner'), chamber-play comedy featuring Bjarne Mädel, with only one or two other actors, who change each episode, on NDR Fernsehen; it is also broadcast in France and the USA

since 2012: Nicht nachmachen! ('Don't Do This!'), a comedy-documentary TV series that airs on ZDF and ZDFneo presented by Wigald Boning and Bernhard Hoëcker defying the warnings and restrictions on various items to see what happens when they do

1 minute ago, Enoon said:

Or perhaps uou think they sit there, stony faced and angry, as if in some WW1, anti-German propaganda cartoon illustration?

The one that's imprinted on what's left of your memory?

since 2000: Night Wash: live stand-up comedy show for upcoming new comedians, filmed in a real laundrette, ran on WDR and ARD until 2007; since then on Comedy Central Germany (which started broadcasting in 2007).

2001 – 2003: Elton.tv, late night television comedy talk show hosted by Elton, on Pro Sieben

since 2002: Die Dreisten Drei, short sketches with Mirja Boes and others, runs on Sat.1

2002 – 2004, again since 2008: Ladykracher, comedy sketch series starring Anke Engelke, on Sat. 1; Anke won a Rose d'Or as best comedy performer in the series

since 2002: Comedystreet, based on Trigger Happy TV and starring Simon Gosejohann, on Pro Sieben

2002 – 2009: Sechserpack, comedy sketch show with six actors including the British-German Emily Wood, on Sat.1

2003 – 2011: Genial daneben – Die Comedy Arena presented by Hugo Egon Balder on Sat. 1 (one of first improvised shows, set off a series of other improvisation-based shows)

2004 – 2007; 2009 – 2011: Schillerstraße improvised comedy soap opera; main actress was Cordula Stratmann, later Jürgen Vogel, runs on Sat.1. German concept, taken up by Fox TV and sold in many other countries; won Rose d'Or Press Prize (most innovative programme).

2004 – 2012: Stromberg, mockumentary comedy series partly based on The Office, starring Christoph Maria Herbst on Pro Sieben

2005 – 2008: Frei Schnauze (improvisational comedy show adapted from Whose Line Is It Anyway?), presented by Mike Krüger then Dirk Bach on RTL

since 2005: Pastewka, sitcom starring Bastian Pastewka, partly based on Curb Your Enthusiasm, but scripted, on Sat.1; Pastewka won a Rose d'Or for his performance in the sitcom.

2006 – 2009: Türkisch für Anfänger ('Turkish for Beginners'), comedy-drama series dealing with transcultural issues (see Turks in Germany), on ARD; won the German Television Award (Best Show of 2006) and an Adolf Grimme Award (Best Entertainment Show of 2007) and was nominated for a Rose d'Or twice (2006 & 2007).

2006 – 2009: Die ProSieben Märchenstunde ('ProSieben Fairy Tale Hour') comedy series featuring a chaning cast of German and Austrian comedians and satirising fairy tale classics

since 2007: Switch reloaded, the sequel of Switch with partially same staff, on Pro Sieben.

since 2009: heute-show a late-night satirical television program airing on public broadcasting channel ZDF; a conceptual adaptation of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart; being presented by comedian and journalist Oliver Welke

2010 – 2014: Danni Lowinski a legal dramedy featuring Annette Frier as the eponymous character

since 2010: Der letzte Bulle ('The last cop') a comedy-drama series centered about a cop, portrayed by Henning Baum, from the 1980s put into a modern police department in Essen

since 2011: Der Tatortreiniger ('Crime Scene Cleaner'), chamber-play comedy featuring Bjarne Mädel, with only one or two other actors, who change each episode, on NDR Fernsehen; it is also broadcast in France and the USA

since 2012: Nicht nachmachen! ('Don't Do This!'), a comedy-documentary TV series that airs on ZDF and ZDFneo presented by Wigald Boning and Bernhard Hoëcker defying the warnings and restrictions on various items to see what happens when they do

You're not selling it to me. Try one of various British comedy shows for real side splitting humour. Here's an example:

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The ongoing sense of entitlement enabled by pure apathy within those who should be enforcing regulations... 

How many times have we seen it? we can't park because someone wants to keep an empty spot on a public road. The behavior has become the norm such that when it's questioned the situation can become somewhat tense. 

Usually waiting for a delivery

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The situation in the picture is one often criticized in Thailand; people putting things in the road to illegally reserve parking spots, notes Thaivisa. 

The illegality in Thailand is the favorite sport, everyone knows that the police (existing but invisible) do nothing!

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Comedy not really known as a German trait  ????

regards Worgeordie

I'm German and I consider myself having a great sense of humor. 

It's obvious that the guy made a joke. But then people jump to conclusions that all Germans do not understand comedy?

35 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Or perhaps you think they sit there, stony faced and unsmiling, as if in some WW1, anti-German propaganda cartoon illustration?

Like the one that's imprinted on what's left of your memory?

No need to tell them that we do have our sense of humor that might differ to that of some binge drinking comedians. 

4 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

I'm German and I consider myself having a great sense of humor. 

It's obvious that the guy made a joke. But then people jump to conclusions that all Germans do not understand comedy?

Don't worry about it,it's like when they say the British are

a nation of shopkeepers...we are not.

regards worgeordie

Archived