Eminem To Tour Ireland

Eminem's tour of Ireland is to go ahead despite concerns over a sickening attitude to women, appallingly obscene language, an irresponsible attitude to sex and violence, and, of course, the booze.

Eminem said that, despite these shocking traits, he would wait and "judge the Irish for himself."

played what?

Music

CB

Eminem? Music? Something's ill-assorted there!!

Ok to keep you guys happy

Ted Nugent's tour of Ireland is to go ahead despite concerns over a sickening attitude to women, appallingly obscene language, an irresponsible attitude to sex and violence, and, of course, the booze.

Ted said that, despite these shocking traits, he would wait and "judge the Irish for himself."

Please excuse my abject ignorance but what has Eminem got to do with Ted Nugent? I'm completely lost in this now :o

Ok let me fill you in on the gaps you are having.

Eminem is a white, rap singer (use whatever definition of singer you want but technically he sings so whatever) - he does songs/rap about sex, violence, drugs, abuse etc and so I used him as the focus of the joke assuming (hoping) that people would connect him with the joke line

Ted Nugent is a white, rock singer/guitarist from Detroit - he is imfamous for his songs and political stance about sex, violence, drugs, abuse etc. I was going to use Ted in the joke but figured he was less contemporary and therefore not known. Also Ted is not well know outside of the US and this is an international board.

I hope this explains the joke - and hopefully I will never have to explain another one again

(jeeze how <deleted>' hard is this?)

CB

Please excuse my abject ignorance but what has Eminem got to do with Ted Nugent? I'm completely lost in this now :o

Ok let me fill you in on the gaps you are having.

Eminem is a white, rap singer (use whatever definition of singer you want but technically he sings so whatever) - he does songs/rap about sex, violence, drugs, abuse etc and so I used him as the focus of the joke assuming (hoping) that people would connect him with the joke line

Ted Nugent is a white, rock singer/guitarist from Detroit - he is imfamous for his songs and political stance about sex, violence, drugs, abuse etc. I was going to use Ted in the joke but figured he was less contemporary and therefore not known. Also Ted is not well know outside of the US and this is an international board.

I hope this explains the joke - and hopefully I will never have to explain another one again

(jeeze how <deleted>' hard is this?)

CB

This explanation is much appreciated. I had assumed the connection was that Ted Nugent was famous for wearing ear plugs whilst playing his music and Eminem makes people want to wear ear plugs when listening to his music.

What the heck is all this garbage about ??Everyone knows that Eminem are small chocolaty things with peanuts in the middle.

Right thanks smartie

And the way this thread has degenerated - a smartie is the English equivalent of the chocolate M&M to which nonthaiburial was referring.

And no we don't want to start a debate on the relative merits of Smarties compared to M&Ms

sheesh

CB

What the heck is all this garbage about ??Everyone knows that Eminem are small chocolaty things with peanuts in the middle.

Right thanks smartie

And the way this thread has degenerated - a smartie is the English equivalent of the chocolate M&M to which nonthaiburial was referring.

And no we don't want to start a debate on the relative merits of Smarties compared to M&Ms

sheesh

CB

What? Smarties are a small British chocolate covered in a crisp outer covering.

Right thanks smartie

sheesh

CB

What? Smarties are a small British chocolate covered in a crisp outer covering.

I come back after five days over Songkran to this <sigh>

CB