is sea really so dirty?

parafareno

That really depends on how you see the sea.

The last thing a grown man would do in Pattaya would be to swim in excrementally diseased water with the chance of a jetski taking your scalp off.

If you want to go for a swim in this area go over the hill to Jomtien.

Filthy....I was there last week.

A good kilometre out to sea was the colour of sh*t.

Packed everyone up and went to Sai Kaew beach down towards Sattahip.

Beautiful and clean, great food.

Baht bus does a run down to near the naval area, was around 30 baht/person.

Three or four years ago the swimming pool I was using for my daily exercise was closed for maintenance. I decided to try swimming in the sea at Jomtien instead, in the 'safe' buoyed-off area by the Night Market. Great, plenty of waves and swell made it more fun than the swimming pool, and I enjoyed it, but after five days of that I developed infections in one ear and a nostril that could only really have come from the dirty sea water. Never again will I swim in the sea in Pattaya or Jomtien.

3 minutes ago, Guderian said:

but after five days of that I developed infections in one ear and a nostril that could only really have come from the dirty sea water.

Strangely they put a lot of those  " safe' buoyed-off areas"   near to the smelly "black water" outflows so no real surprise you got sick. :sick:

21 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

That really depends on how you see the sea.

The last thing a grown man would do in Pattaya would be to swim in excrementally diseased water with the chance of a jetski taking your scalp off.

If you want to go for a swim in this area go over the hill to Jomtien.

Go over the hill to Jomtien ! Ha you must be kidding - the water there was filthy 30 years ago -there has always been raw sewage pumped into that area. When i went there last was over five years ago and a chemist friend of mine from Bangkok analysed the water and his results would frighten <deleted>(pun!!!) out of the WHO!

Hello 

I never swim in pattaya beach or jomtiem its filthy absolute filth you better off koh larn but even there you come away ichy scratchy, I belive you better in a salt water swimming pool if there any  around ours is not but we have a Danish guy sorting out our condo pool and he has the chemical balance down to a fine art ????

Archived