Father ill in Pattaya

Since I was last on the forum discussing getting help for my father on 26th November and before I could arrange to get out to Thailand he had a fall on December 7th and passed away in his condo on the 8th.

I went on the forum to try an get some advise and contacts to assist in getting my father home but it seems it was to late.

Some members were very helpful and sympathetic to his plight but others seem to have been suspicious of the motives  I had. That seems a very sad state of affairs.

The funeral was held in Thailand and many of his friends attended.

Thanks for those who were helpful and to the doubters, I guess karma will catch up.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Williams9 said:

Since I was last on the forum discussing getting help for my father on 26th November and before I could arrange to get out to Thailand he had a fall on December 7th and passed away in his condo on the 8th.

I went on the forum to try an get some advise and contacts to assist in getting my father home but it seems it was to late.

Some members were very helpful and sympathetic to his plight but others seem to have been suspicious of the motives  I had. That seems a very sad state of affairs.

Thanks for those who were helpful and to the doubters, I guess karma will catch up.

Maybe too delicate at the moment. However if at some stage you could advise members on what followed re funeral etc, it would be nice postscript from you dad.

Your situation sadly not unique.

Thanks for update. You tried your best mate. Don't beat yourself up.

Cheers.

42 minutes ago, Williams9 said:

It's a sad news

i feel really sorry for you

Uour father has probably managed, in his way

to stay where he finaly wants to stay and die, 

You have tried your best, it's never something easy to deal with.

On 11/26/2019 at 11:46 PM, nickstav said:

If your father has something like Alzheimer's Disease, which from what you say sounds plausible (my mom had it). The diagnosis would have to be made by a neurologist, not a psychiatrist. There are drugs that can slow the progression of Alzheimer's, and even improve the condition, but only a little bit and they are really only effective in the early stages of the disease.

Yes but Alzheimer is just a part of dementia my mother died of that as well 

On 11/27/2019 at 11:30 PM, kingofthemountain said:

It's very nice from you

and i hope the OP is going to accept your help as soon as he is back on this topic.

i am not an UK citizen but i live in Pattaya too and i am ready to

go with you if necessary, the father seems to be agressive sometimes so it should

be better to be 2 or 3 guys, just in case, plus the OP can be most in confiance if we are

2 or 3 guys from Thai visa, imo it's more difficult to trust only one person you don't know.

Regards

Great reply I wish I could help but I am in OZ and old

8 hours ago, Williams9 said:

Thanks for the update and condolences on your loss.