BANGKOK
webfact

Tourism: Indians "last hope" for Pattaya as Thai media reports massive high season decline

On 11/29/2019 at 9:53 PM, akda said:

Atleast they don't beg like western begpackers. 

Seen these western begpcakers  in Thailand/Vietnam/Philippines. Ultra shameful, fly from developed nation and beg in these countries.

They certainly do at home. They also drive around selling peanuts at restaurants. Perhaps you need to refresh yourself to the topic title.  

sounds like the india get over charged a lot less. theres something to learn in every situation.

i also dont mind the looks of india women. they must accept deeds most disgraceful in the chamber..

Edited by fhickson
  • Confused 2

Some off topic posts have been removed also replies.

If you want to talk about visas and such please do so in the Visa forum this topic is about:

Tourism: Indians "last hope" for Pattaya as Thai media reports massive high season decline

On 11/30/2019 at 4:27 PM, Dimple said:

Catering to Indians to bolster a wrecked tourist sector isn’t really sounding like the ‘last hope’ more like desperation, bordering on panic,

But if you say it loud enough, and long enough, the people will believe.  🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

The Indian eateries are as empty as the failing Western ones!

they are also quite pricey!

• Sad 1

On 11/28/2019 at 8:34 AM, DannyCarlton said:

If you think Prayut & Co. are the root cause of corruption in Thailand, you are so wrong. They are just the foot soldiers.

Exactly.

Seems there are still expats trying to diagnose all the changes in Thailand that they don't like and prescribing solutions. Does anyone really believe it is all an accident due to ineptitude? All that is going on is a deliberate policy, where it ends I don't profess to know, but doubt that it will be somewhere widely appreciated by the expat community.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2019 at 5:09 PM, jacko45k said:

The Indian eateries are as empty as the failing Western ones!

7/11's and Family Marts a more busy than bars and restaurants here.  🙂

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

The number of 7\11 in Pattaya has literally exploded in Pattaya 

i don't have the exact data but i wouldn't be surprised if it was

at least X2 in the last 10 years.

Could explain why a lot of bars and restaurants are now often empty.

The few Family mart shops do not seem to be too busy in comparison.

Edited by kingofthemountain

5 hours ago, Leaver said:

sure are. they are a revolving door, or should i say beeping?

people seem to be living off the cheap junk food thats sold there with little nutritional value, ok the bananas are healthy.

i even when started going there for a beer. if they put seats outside its all over, mikey.

imagine the dent these places could make with a tapped keg outside for people walking in and out of the store. they would make a killing. it would be leveraging the traffic base they already have without much outlay (except for street space lol).

Edited by fhickson
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

The number of 7\11 in Pattaya has literally exploded in Pattaya 

i don't have the exact data but i wouldn't be surprised if it was

at least X2 in the last 10 years.

Could explain why a lot of bars and restaurants are now often empty.

The few Family mart shops do not seem to be too busy in comparison.

Huh?   '...few Family Mart shops...'   There seems to be plenty of them.  I think there are at least 5 or 6 of them in a relatively short stretch from Centara Grand Mirage Resort down to the end of Naklua Soi 16 by The Palm--including 2 that are literally next door to each other separated only by a narrow road.  They all seem to be doing fine.  

The one closest to my condo was recently torn down and we thought, oh no.  But, it was rebuilt bigger and with a larger parking lot in a short time.  That seems to be a recent trend with both Family Mart and 7-11--some of the new ones are set back from the road with bigger parking areas.  

2 hours ago, newnative said:

Huh?   '...few Family Mart shops...'   There seems to be plenty of them.  I think there are at least 5 or 6 of them in a relatively short stretch from Centara Grand Mirage Resort down to the end of Naklua Soi 16 by The Palm--including 2 that are literally next door to each other separated only by a narrow road.  They all seem to be doing fine.  

The one closest to my condo was recently torn down and we thought, oh no.  But, it was rebuilt bigger and with a larger parking lot in a short time.  That seems to be a recent trend with both Family Mart and 7-11--some of the new ones are set back from the road with bigger parking areas.  

It seems you have missed the end of my sentence '' in comparison''

the number of 7\11 is far superior at the number of Family mart

it's obvious in all the area soi bukkhao\second road\beach road

and all the small streets between.

I am sure the exact numbers are available somewhere but i am

already pretty confident in what i say only with an eyes observation on the ground

As i am not really very busy at the moment, i am going to count them this week end

just out of curiosity to compare both numbers in this area

Edited by kingofthemountain

10 hours ago, newnative said:

some of the new ones are set back from the road with bigger parking areas.  

Which usually turn into a space for other vendors, food carts and eating tables. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1