Five immigration officers swoop! German on five day overstay arrested outside Pattaya hotel

webfact

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ukrules said:

I think it's important to keep track of this this case progresses through the courts over the coming weeks.

I would like to know how long he will spend in custody for his 5 days of overstay before being sent back home.

It's just a few days in custoday but the biggest penalty is a one year ban from entering Thailand when arrested if I remember it right.

26 minutes ago, EricTh said:

It's just a few days in custoday but the biggest penalty is a one year ban from entering Thailand when arrested if I remember it right.

27 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I'm pretty sure he'll welcome a one year ban from entering Thailand once he gets back to the Fatherland.

Wild horses probably would not be able to drag him back ever, let alone within one year.

20 hours ago, EricTh said:

I can tell you this much.

When this happens outside of Bangkok, they need to take you to IDC Bangkok with a van overland, under supervision (i.e. Police comes with you all the way to Bangkok).

These vans do not run every day.

An example I am aware of, someone they took in Koh Samui, for work without WP, was kept for 2 months at the police station, then transferred to IDC Bangkok, and stayed there a further 3 weeks until deported. So roughly 3 months in total.

From Pattaya, it will probably take less time.

For overstay, if taken off the street/hotel etc, it's a 5 year ban, even for 1 day of overstay.

2 hours ago, lkv said:

I can tell you this much.

When this happens outside of Bangkok, they need to take you to IDC Bangkok with a van overland, under supervision (i.e. Police comes with you all the way to Bangkok).

These vans do not run every day.

An example I am aware of, someone they took in Koh Samui, for work without WP, was kept for 2 months at the police station, then transferred to IDC Bangkok, and stayed there a further 3 weeks until deported. So roughly 3 months in total.

From Pattaya, it will probably take less time.

For overstay, if taken off the street/hotel etc, it's a 5 year ban, even for 1 day of overstay.

Wow! 3 months in hell is too much. You're literally smelling the feet of your inmates when you sleep.

The prisons in Thailand is not the same as in western countries.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Wow! 3 months in hell is too much. You're literally smelling the feet of your inmates when you sleep.

Yeah pretty much a nightmare if being located outside of BKK, been thinking about this once as well and came to the conclusion it would take 10 days average at least.

This even in the case you are just on a few days overstay or a false accusation / set-up for working without WP, (or wearing the wrong t-shirt in 2020??).

On 11/30/2019 at 4:29 PM, EricTh said:

With all respect but i do not think you were ever in a Spanish,Turkish,Polish or a Belgian prison???

They are pretty horrible.

LOL

2 hours ago, Hans007 said:

With all respect but i do not think you were ever in a Spanish,Turkish,Polish or a Belgian prison???

LOL

We bow to your globe trotting experience. I usually experience local cuisine and beers. 

On 11/29/2019 at 8:26 AM, jacko45k said:

They came for a holiday, were enjoying themselves, lost track of time, and didn't feel or know ahead of time that arriving at immigration or the airport a few days late, in the easy going environment, to do the extension, or pay a fine, would be much of a big deal. And one morning, jackboots kicking at your hotel room door! 

Don't see that warning on the TAT adverts. 

They don't have a return ticket? These same folks miss their flight because they were having too much fun and forgot? I don't buy it … and I'm sure the authorities in our home countries wouldn't buy such excuses too

2 minutes ago, Docno said:

They don't have a return ticket?

Possibly for a few days later than their Permission to Stay! It isn't usually checked on arrival and never on a TV. Years ago there was always a good number of people at the overstay desk, paying up for an odd few days more. Getting to immigration, doing a TM30, and paying 1900 baht, or maybe 1000 baht at the airport.... hmmm...

40 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Possibly for a few days later than their Permission to Stay! It isn't usually checked on arrival and never on a TV. Years ago there was always a good number of people at the overstay desk, paying up for an odd few days more. Getting to immigration, doing a TM30, and paying 1900 baht, or maybe 1000 baht at the airport.... hmmm...

Well, that's when the mistake/crime is committed. Why buy a return ticket 40 days past arrival when you (should!) know you have a 30 day stay? Again, try that excuse in Australia, US, UK, etc...

9 hours ago, Hans007 said:

LOL

I have never been in any prison. I've only seen them in movies or hear about them.

1 hour ago, Docno said:

Well, that's when the mistake/crime is committed. Why buy a return ticket 40 days past arrival when you (should!) know you have a 30 day stay? Again, try that excuse in Australia, US, UK, etc...

Crime? A bit of a drama queeen aren't we?  Tourist calls his airline, moves his flight a few days and stays a few days over....big crime eh? It used to mean little, now, with a  military boot, it becomes a crime!

Not a problem, my partner was given a 6 month stay for UK. Had she stayed longer she might have got a house and benefits. 

5 hours ago, observer90210 said:

He must have <deleted> off somebody in a a girlie bar who got jealous an sneaked on him...

im thinking he gave his passport to the hotel and they were obligated to report. they do look at dates and even departure cards where ive been.

he knew what the date was most likely and took his chances and the bib showed up for a photo op. when dates go over you hop a flight to cambo, not hard to do.

Archived