BANGKOK
webfact

Five immigration officers swoop! German on five day overstay arrested outside Pattaya hotel

2 minutes ago, Docno said:

They don't have a return ticket?

Possibly for a few days later than their Permission to Stay! It isn't usually checked on arrival and never on a TV. Years ago there was always a good number of people at the overstay desk, paying up for an odd few days more. Getting to immigration, doing a TM30, and paying 1900 baht, or maybe 1000 baht at the airport.... hmmm...

40 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Possibly for a few days later than their Permission to Stay! It isn't usually checked on arrival and never on a TV. Years ago there was always a good number of people at the overstay desk, paying up for an odd few days more. Getting to immigration, doing a TM30, and paying 1900 baht, or maybe 1000 baht at the airport.... hmmm...

Well, that's when the mistake/crime is committed. Why buy a return ticket 40 days past arrival when you (should!) know you have a 30 day stay? Again, try that excuse in Australia, US, UK, etc...

9 hours ago, Hans007 said:

With all respect but i do not think you were ever in a Spanish,Turkish,Polish or a Belgian prison???

They are pretty horrible.

LOL

I have never been in any prison. I've only seen them in movies or hear about them.

He must have <deleted> off somebody in a a girlie bar who got jealous an sneaked on him...

1 hour ago, Docno said:

Well, that's when the mistake/crime is committed. Why buy a return ticket 40 days past arrival when you (should!) know you have a 30 day stay? Again, try that excuse in Australia, US, UK, etc...

Crime? A bit of a drama queeen aren't we?  Tourist calls his airline, moves his flight a few days and stays a few days over....big crime eh? It used to mean little, now, with a  military boot, it becomes a crime!

Not a problem, my partner was given a 6 month stay for UK. Had she stayed longer she might have got a house and benefits. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, observer90210 said:

He must have <deleted> off somebody in a a girlie bar who got jealous an sneaked on him...

im thinking he gave his passport to the hotel and they were obligated to report. they do look at dates and even departure cards where ive been.

he knew what the date was most likely and took his chances and the bib showed up for a photo op. when dates go over you hop a flight to cambo, not hard to do.

• Like 1