Five immigration officers swoop! German on five day overstay arrested outside Pattaya hotel

webfact

17 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Splendid-and,I note for many moons,that nobody responds positively to your posts.

You are bought and paid for.

How does it feel?

Overstayers and illegal workers don't like what I say, can't say I am surprised or bothered.

I get a great salary and live the good life, thanks for asking.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Well there you are Yinn. BTW, I like you as a vampire, but make Thailand Great Again too is fun as Trump is breaking the USA up as well. Not sure if only news in Naew Na as my Thai friends are telling me there is an anti foreigner movement rising.

Thai supremacist gang? 

We not have in Ranong. Can. You copy from your friend and send the link. I want to see.

Who these people?

Even if this doesn't hit the main stream Thai outlets. then most all the other phone and media shots put into the internet or Thai news will have a huge effect. 

It does to the Thai people because it vilifies the bad non SE Asia foreigner. Does not do anything positive. 

Maybe you should write to,TVF support to stop.

thais are not interest this one. Who care? A German get catch with no visa?

I think these numbers are over inflated because they always change in 5 news releases every week from TAT.

This news not from TAT.

But you are correct, play by the game and be above board, but the reality is that even nowadays if you do that you can maybe still be hammered by the immigration and refused entry at airport, put in IDC for 1-2-3- 5 days or-weeks and returned home without ever stepping a foot into Thailand from the customs. And there are so many legitimate tourists who are wealthy and just like to come many time a year, but better to think otherwise and just spend money in a more welcoming country like Vietnam or Cambodia. BTW. This is nothing to do with the Thai people. Only the authorities. . 

Yes, I applied and PAID for Australian visa. I want to go 3 weeks, they make me pay 3 months. Must gothe Australian embassy, waste my time.

They take my money THEN say no. Cheat me. Scam.

So I not go, I not spend my money in Australia.

i not hate Aussie. Only there embassy.

Different interpretations of rules at each immigration office.

Entry to the country with a legitimate visa often at the whim of the mood of immigration staff.

TM30 Lunacy.

Insurance requirements inconsistent and with little regard to reality.

Financial requirements for long stay visas with little correlation to countrywide earnings.

etc etc etc etc......add to list at will!!!

All of the above cannot be sorted with their combined resources experience and brain power?

Yet they allocate a whole team of men to arrest a 5 day overstayer!!! ..... perhaps they should have sent a tank with a few soldiers..... a great photo op for big OUD to flex his muscles as the master of overkill.

Lunatics running the asylum!!!!!

Just now, Yinn said:

Thai supremacist gang? 

We not have in Ranong. Can. You copy from your friend and send the link. I want to see.

Who these people?

This news not from TAT.

Yes, I applied and PAID for Australian visa. I want to go 3 weeks, they make me pay 3 months. Must gothe Australian embassy, waste my time.

"Oranges and lemons says the bells of St Clements"

14 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

"Oranges and lemons says the bells of St Clements"

Sorry, I not understand. I google, still not understand! 

Burn the bed?

if not impolite, please explain.

anyway, I was think about nominate Ody for POTY.

You want to play?

3 hours ago, champers said:

5 days seems trivial and I guess plenty of people do overstays of this length and just pay the fine on the way out. This arrest sends a message and it isn't pleasant.

Maybe five days this time, would not be surprised to learn the guy has history.  

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

what do they care about

Care about

family

pets

food

worm

neigbour

job

music

party

study

friends

Etc 

sorry, this German guy brake the visa rule is not important for thailand. If I not read TVF I will not know about it, sure. Nobody talk about it. He brake the rule, police catch, same if he not where the helmet motorcycle.

I not really know why you guys fight together about it. I think you not care about this guy right?

41 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

One can overstay as easily on a Visa as a Visa Exempt Entry. Sometimes it is more easily done by mistaking the Visa Expiry date and the 'Permit to Stay Until' date. A mistake like that should not get one arrested and treated like a criminal and likely extorted. Five days overstay, I would love to hear what prompted them to get off their behinds so sharply.

Somebody complain. 

Same last week (forget the country).

the wife sell drugs. 

Or maybe TM30?

What happen your country if people have no visa?

43 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Thai supremacist gang? 

Who these people?

This news not from TAT.

will repost. Sent to early 

37 minutes ago, Yinn said:

If this is the standard of grammar and spelling you used to apply to the Aus Embassy for a visa, I suggest you get someone to proof read your application first. This applies to any visa you apply for. One of the benefits of using an agent is they use the type of language the visa section wants to read, they also ensure you are applying for the correct visa type.

50 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Thai supremacist gang? 

Who these people?

This news not from TAT.

Aussies have nothing to do with visa applications. All are processed through VFS ---

Extract from wiki

VFS Global, which is headquartered in Dubai, UAE, has a Swiss parentage and is a portfolio company of EQT, a leading global private equity firm headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. EQT has portfolio companies in Europe, Asia and North America. The Swiss-based Kuoni and Hugentobler Foundation also has a stake in VFS Global

It seems that you are desperately looking for success, it is not a success, 5 days overstay, probably the gentleman has made a small calculation, extending costs 1,900 Baht, paying the fine a little more but without wasting time!
It's really funny then, 5 policemen, you wanted to make it look like a big catch!
There are far bigger criminals (Thai and farang) in this country that you should think about!

and this is what they call “welcoming guests” in the high season?? 5 days... let him pay 2,500 THB and let him go to sort out a new tourist visa... this is sending really bad messages about Thailand to tourists from all over the world. Please don’t come to Thailand, the smallest thing will bring you to jail, probably dropping a chewing gum on the street occurs littering fine. This is absurd!

47 minutes ago, Yinn said:

1. Thai supremacist gang? 

Who these people?

2. Maybe you should write to,TVF support to stop.

3. This news not from TAT.

4. Yes, I applied and PAID for Australian visa. I want to go 3 weeks, they make me pay 3 months. Must gothe Australian embassy, waste my time.

Hi Yinn,

I will answer like #1-2-3-4 as listed to your answers above.

1. I have many Thai business owner and professional Thai normal friends. There is no link or no credible evidence except what I hear from what they read and feel. It is funny that I see the same things as they do, but a couple even say they have immigration friends. don't figure!

2. Not the point. It is about all the stories about foreigners in the news. This one just looks like an arrest from a bad guy who do bad and stay 5 days too long, but then you add all the others and we are looked as Bad people. Get it?

3. As for me seeing and reading way too many stats in Thailand from many organizations, none are credible and to me are trumped up. Don't believe any of them except the ones who say low numbers. We can all see tourists on the decline from before..

4. Yes I have heard your story of Australia. I do not know what to say but you were selectively picked on. My 24 year old daughter had no problem going and staying there 6 months doing 
English classes. FYI. She hated it at first for the first 4.5 months and then liked it but is back in Thailand.. Works for an airlines now. 

4 hours ago, samsensam said:

given that guests have to show their passports when checking into a hotel it is a fairly simple task to identify an over stayer.

not sure if this really counts as news...

Have stayed in many hotels in Thailand where no passport was required. 

Archived