How would you navigate these waters?

FruitPudding

So, I feel like I am in a bit of a pickle and looking for strategic advise. Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I teach at my kid's school: mistake.

The director at our school changed and the new one is a bit of a tyrant. He introduced a policy in the middle of the October holiday to cut our salaries and we were informed by text of this in the middle of the holiday. This, as well, as other things is making teachers quit right, left and centre.

Anyway, sooner or later, I will leave for whatever reason (and so will my kid).

I am a bit concerned regarding my kid's transcript and leaving papers. I wouldn't put it past them to play hard to get with her important documents (for getting into a new school) if I do anything to <deleted> them off. I have heard a horror story or two about other schools where parents taught there and the drama affected the kids. So this is at the forefront of my decision making; I can't leave with loads of drama.

How would you proceed in this situation?

Cheers.

move the child, then don't inform them you are going to the labour department, just file a complaint once child is established and move on.

most of these schools operate on the assumption that staff have no understanding of labour laws and will push until someone complains.

salary cuts, changed holidays, fines for legal sick days, extra responsibilities or duties etc.

once they get away with one thing and nobody blinks it starts to snowball.

Money IS your bosses motivator.

Offer him money for a great transcript.

Leave quietly and make no complaints as the news you are a 'troublemaker' could follow you and negatively influence your employment prospects.

This is how Thais would want you to do it.

Similar to whaleboneman, but tell the school you have decided to homeschool your daughter, and you need the paperwork to submit to the Primary/Secondary Education Office.  There is absolutely nobody they can call or anyone they can check with to verify your claim, as the only person who has any knowledge of this is you.  You are certainly qualified to teach your daughter. What can they say? Basically, you can see if there is going to be any grief or not. Then, once you have the transcripts, you can quit at your liesure.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived