AIS: Top-up from abroad? How-to

aldriglikvid

Hi guys, 

I have an AIS sim that I would like to top up with ~ 2000 baht. I'm currently not in Thailand. Is there an internet solution that works with my Mastercard? I tried the top-up service within the AIS ecosystem (logged in) but I get declined at all top-up attempts (I guess they don't accept foreign cards?). 

Thanks ????

5 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

I'm unable to access my Thai Bank app at the moment because the OTP can't reach me. 

Why 2000: it's just a number but partly I need to extend validity and 2000 is the ~ the price for the package I would like to buy when landing at BKK. 

Then when landing do it …, as then your OTP shall work,.....and set  your roaming free when going back out of Thailand so your OTP can be received abroad

For AIS   *125*1#  =Turn on International Roaming

2 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

Super helpful but it will go unvalidated if I wait until I land. 

Could try the code now …. it might work as it is a service instruction number for your Thai sim number...who knows …?

16 minutes ago, orchis said:

I have a friend in Thailand do it when I am abroad.

if you load your AIS  sim with x times 20 baht you get each time 1 month call credit (and 2 months keep alive number ) don't put example 100 baht at once …. unless you should have like my 10 years old card "Mao Mao" who gives 1 year for 100 baht upload at once .

1 minute ago, Eindhoven said:

What good will that do with no credit on-board??

no mentioning there is no credit , credit nothing to do with time expiring , and not all service numbers need credit 

1 minute ago, Eindhoven said:

So to which code are you referring? The International Roaming ON code?

As he said "I tried the top-up service within the AIS ecosystem (logged in) but I get declined at all top-up attempts "

I supposed he is in the AIS system , so MAYBE  putting the code for receiving call & messages abroad  could work to let him so receive the OTP  password.

The code I refer to is the one for using phone abroad Thailand .

There is another code for blocking data use abroad as very expensive some country's 

Not an expert but surprisingly I found out things just by trying , nothing to loose I would say

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

As he said "I tried the top-up service within the AIS ecosystem (logged in) but I get declined at all top-up attempts "

I supposed he is in the AIS system , so MAYBE  putting the code for receiving call & messages abroad  could work to let him so receive the OTP  password.

The code I refer to is the one for using phone abroad Thailand .

There is another code for blocking data use abroad as very expensive some country's 

Not an expert but surprisingly I found out things just by trying , nothing to loose I would say

Totally confused by your reply. Perhaps I'll leave it at that.

Still waiting for him to reply on how long it will be before his landing....

Nothing to be confused "North Neighbor " 5555 , the code I gave  by using it on the number some like (in case duo sim on phone ) it shows on your screen "OSD. running" ….. after message shows "you are inscribed on the roaming system" (so to receive and use AIS  abroad Thailand .) Data use is a different code which I know but not use 

PS : to be sure I checked it for myself if still ok. …. showing message " you are already inscribed " , so meaning I can receive and call with AIS sim out of Thailand 

20 minutes ago, david555 said:

Nothing to be confused "North Neighbor " 5555 , the code I gave  by using it on the number some like (in case duo sim on phone ) it shows on your screen "OSD. running" ….. after message shows "you are inscribed on the roaming system" (so to receive and use AIS  abroad Thailand .) Data use is a different code which I know but not use 

PS : to be sure I checked it for myself if still ok. …. showing message " you are already inscribed " , so meaning I can receive and call with AIS sim out of Thailand 

I don't think it works if you are outside Thailand and are not already subscribed to Roaming. There may also be another reason for him not having a signal currently.

I guess that he could clarify.

Thanks for all the replies guys, and I'm sorry if I created some confusion. 

I land in Thailand 18th of January and the AIS service agent just confirmed to me yesterday, via e-mail, that my sim will go invalid if it's not topped up on 18th december at latest. 

Since that number is attached to my bank account, some apps etc. I feel that I want to keep it alive. 

I'll try the latest to websites that were supplied here. Hope for the best ????

Bless. 

3 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Thanks for all the replies guys, and I'm sorry if I created some confusion. 

I land in Thailand 18th of January and the AIS service agent just confirmed to me yesterday, via e-mail, that my sim will go invalid if it's not topped up on 18th december at latest. 

Since that number is attached to my bank account, some apps etc. I feel that I want to keep it alive. 

I'll try the latest to websites that were supplied here. Hope for the best ????

Bless. 

I'll top it up for a couple of months of extra validity, if you want to send the number via PM.

54 minutes ago, slk350 said:

Hi you can easy top up, any Thai Operater on mobiletopup.com pay with credit card or prepaid .i dothat all the time from Abroad or from Thailand. Safe and easy to use.

I have used mobiletopup.com as well in Oz with Oz credit-card, no problem at all.. 

Archived