AIS: Top-up from abroad? How-to

aldriglikvid

23 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Thanks for all the replies guys, and I'm sorry if I created some confusion. 

I land in Thailand 18th of January and the AIS service agent just confirmed to me yesterday, via e-mail, that my sim will go invalid if it's not topped up on 18th december at latest. 

Since that number is attached to my bank account, some apps etc. I feel that I want to keep it alive. 

I'll try the latest to websites that were supplied here. Hope for the best ????

Bless. 

As a matter of interest why will your banks OTP not reach you? I would have thought that if you have your Thai Sim live whist you are out of the country that you will get the OTP message and you can use your Thai bank to top up. My Ais 12call sim card works in the UK no problem.

On 11/27/2019 at 4:29 PM, aldriglikvid said:

I'm unable to access my Thai Bank app at the moment because the OTP can't reach me. 

Why 2000: it's just a number but partly I need to extend validity and 2000 is the ~ the price for the package I would like to buy when landing at BKK. 

Don't you have a debit card from your Thai bank? You add the card to Google Pay = G Pay under settings in your phone. Then you should be able to top up your phone using the AIS app. There are also apps in Play Store for topping up phones sim cards. Just google it.

7 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

I'm note sure. I've tried to insert the sim on 3 different occasions while abroad and tried 2 different OTP services (one Bangkok Bank, one AIS) and I never received one. Perhaps need to do something to make it work. 

Did you activate International Roaming before leaving? Do you obtain a signal to your phone whilst abroad, with the SIM in? If both of the above, it might just be an issue of changing manually to another network.

I don't really use my ais sim overseas except for receiving the otps for my bill payments. They always come through in a few seconds.

I would try through banking apps as mentioned with your sim in and ready.

If not just get someone else to top you up and pay them.

Otherwise, im not sure but i think if you call the bank they can remove the whole otp thing.

1 hour ago, sikishrory said:

I don't really use my ais sim overseas except for receiving the otps for my bill payments. They always come through in a few seconds.

I would try through banking apps as mentioned with your sim in and ready.

If not just get someone else to top you up and pay them.

Otherwise, im not sure but i think if you call the bank they can remove the whole otp thing.

Every Thai bank has an app and you can top up your phone as long as you can receive the OTP. You can also use every operators app if you have a debit card from your Thai bank.

Or, download for example "ding" from Play Store. 

Screenshot_20191129-103201.png

11 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

I'm note sure. I've tried to insert the sim on 3 different occasions while abroad and tried 2 different OTP services (one Bangkok Bank, one AIS) and I never received one. Perhaps need to do something to make it work. 

I note Eindhoven has very kindly offered to extend the validity of your Thai SIM which will sort that particular issue for you in the short-term.  

The captioned issue of your Thai SIM not working abroad is obviously another and will therefore persist without further action.  I therefore suspect that your Thai SIM does not have roaming service activated (not to be confused with data roaming) because all you need is your call, data and sms roaming to be activated.  My DTAC SIM has three options as per the below screenshot.  I purposely keep data roaming and international calls turned off, though data roaming can also be turned off within your mobile phone settings.

I, too, only require to receive sms messages in the UK for OTPs from Bangkok Bank.  The below screenshot is taken from the DTAC app which is installed on my smartphone.  So there will almost certainly be a similar setting in the AIS app.

IMG_1869.thumb.PNG.8c87738f218bdba37a35c53ee743b823.PNG

Archived