BANGKOK
snoop1130

Pattaya pushes infrastructure projects to boost tourism

13 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Wow - not even sure of the location. A project consisting of shops, pubs, restaurants.... "expected to be completed by April" ?  Better start soon ! 🙏

Do not you know the building whose construction has been stopped for years because it is in a public area. It has been sufficient to produce a false document proving that the area is now private.

I liked the old pier, before it was 'walking street', great seafood and very Thai!

"expecting to boost the number of tourists to more than 2 million" er more like "expecting to boost his bank account by about 20 million!!" 5555 🤣😂🤣😂

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i have been all over Thailand and I don't remember the smell of open sewers like in Pattaya.

it would hit you in the face everywhere you went.

Ahhh Pattaya! The smell of success!

14 hours ago, Lungstib said:

What tourists would really like to see is clean water, rubbish free beaches, no traffic jams, less crime and a hassle free holiday. Extra people doesn't quite cut it. 

And fewer police during the day; more at night.

But when will you solve the problem of flooding and illegal parking on the beach?

This is a second rate country ,like posts have mentioned from beaches to sea water to filthy streets and on and on this infrastructure should have happened a long time ago with planning it could have been a very beautiful country not one large dustbin,I like the Thai people but why would anybody come for a vacation ? A real shame for the sake of money.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I want some of whatever they are taking. lol

Defo good stuff that’s for sure “;0)

more empty places?.. genius!

so there was only 1.7 tourists this year? Was 2 but one was hacked up on arrival by someone from myanmar i guess.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

to boost the number of tourists to more than 2 million per year from the current 1.7 people, city deputy mayor Manoch Nongyai said on Wednesday (November 27).

he also said on Wednesday (November 27): Tourism: Indians "last hope" for Pattaya as Thai media reports massive high season decline

In 2018 a total of 14,259,261 tourists visited Pattaya, Thailand's leading resort. 

Looks like he lost 12 mio tourists along the way. Let's hope an honest taxi driver will save the day and return them at a police station.