Extending a Care Visa for Thai Child

Hi:

I find myself in a dilemma so here it goes. I'm on a Non O visa and for the past 3 years have been doing the Retirement extensions using the income letters from the U.S. Embassy. However this time I wanted to do the 65,000 Income method ( NO MORE LETTERS ) but I have 2 accounts with Bangkok Bank. One is in my name and the other set up in my son's name whose 7 years old. I get 2 payments every month from SSC. I went to immigration to ask about my next Retirement extension and they said NO. They said I could do a Take Care Visa and I need to show 40,000 for 12 months and of course other documents. 

The situation is I'm not married to the mother as of now but, planning to marry right after the New year. I don't have the child certificate from the court because we knew we would marry at some point. My name's on the BC and can provide Thai ID Card for him. Will they extend my visa for a year without this?  If not, when I marry the mother will that automatically make me the legitimate father or do I need to still go to the court?  Getting married is it rather quick and easy process once the documents have been processed. Can you marry and get the MC quickly?  Or  can someone suggest me what are my options? such as going to apply for a new Non O and can it be used for marriage and or reapply for an extension based in child support and get the certificate from the court. Please also tell me how long is the process with the court and the cost of doing this. No issues with the mom and child as we are a very close and loving family.

Please whoever replies to me can you answer all above so I can figure out what to do. My current Non O will expire on Jan.25.2020 so I have roughly 7 weeks to sort this out because I want to remain here with my family. Thank you so very much for Good advice. Jasper

If you child is 7 years old you can do the legitimization at a Amphoe. No need to go through a court to it. Doing it at an Amphoe should take one day to get it done. Have your child's mother contact your local Amphoe about doing it.

For marriage after you have all the required documents to register your marriage you will get the marriage certificate on the same day to you do it.

• Thanks 1

If you go through the court legitimization method It will take a minimum of 3 months as you will need to go through a interview process with social services and wait for them to process that before you can get the court date. Cost is around 20-30k depending on the lawyer you hire.

9 hours ago, Jasper4one said:

Can you tell me what does the Amphoe needs from me???

As ubonjoe say, it can vary from Amphor to Amphor.

I did it, and it was easy where I live (Koh Samui). I needed to bring the birth certificate – which included my name as father – the mother, the 7+ year old child, photocopies of my passport, mother's ID-card, and child's birth certificate. The mother and the child verbally confirmed that I'm the father. Done in about half an hour.