Tourism: Thailand set to introduce "Double Tourist Visa", govt secretary

webfact

Visa in Consulate can be very irrational too, noticebly in Thai consulates...

Vietnam, on the opposite, like in Phnom Penh : 1 hour visa possible, 3 months, multi-entry, no documents.

Cambodia : not so good... Only one month.

Malaysia was 3 month on arrival years ago, easy.

Laos : not so good, only one month. 

The best way is like Panama, Mexico, Colombia etc. : for many passport holders, just arrive, get a stamp for 3 or even 6 months, period. Can go out and come back too without any particular type of visa or whatsoever.

Thailand : the worse now : exemption on arrival only one month and LOTTERY. Win a pay stay in detention, exit pay ticket, with no clear rules applied... This has really to change, give a very bad image, not to mention a very heavy problem.

• Like 2

The horse has bolted  and hard to catch again.Try telling my Chinese wife about  this hair brain idea  and she will explode. Currently in China as Canberra  stuffed her multi entry visa and  we had to come back on visa on arrival and that is another story which I already wrote a blog.

After sending $275 AUD for a multi entry visa   I could not understand why it was not processed. After several phone calls  pressing 1-2-3  I did speak to somebody and was told I sent the money on Friday but it went up to $300 on Monday? I told the  baffone I had $50 credit but he said it does not work that way.By the way  the lady did say I could use the $50 for the multi entry visa.

Everything is to expensive and the time has come like most people to look to greener pastures. Everyday we hear about these hair brain ideas  public transport  upgrades visa flexibility Walking Street  upgrade . Lets just look at the  ferry  which was a great idea but nobody uses it as it is to expensive.

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

Anyone can jump on here & moan about the Baht being too strong but Thailand's financials (at least) are right & the the first world countries are struggling with balancing the books & most are in a hell of a mess.

To devalue the Baht artificially & too quickly can bring other serious problems but would be interested to hear some constructive ideas

The Pound @ 75 to the baht tomorrow....Problem solved...

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Are these just desperate measures? I know many people just dont come here no more and people have moved out altogether even my daughter has not been here for years she thinks it's boring with the stupid drinking times, 

I’ll second that!

This would be a improvement, from my country in Scandinavia we get only single entry 60 days or multi entry 6 months. Also, for 60 days there is nowadays same requirements than in 6 month visa, if you entered Thailand once or twice ongoing year already. Meaning 6000 € balance for 6 months etc... 

8 hours ago, keith101 said:

When will they understand that it is the bad exchange rate that is keeping them away and is expected to get worse next year and a potential double entry visa might attract a few tourists but I doubt many would consider staying longer costing more money .

Indeed The Exchange rate has hurt many folk.

However not so many complaining pre 2008... or further back when it briefly afforded over 100 Baht to the £

Fast forward.. to The ExPats reeling and whinging 

working out teir living arrangements on current trends.

just as folk do with loans and personal income.

Failure to alow for changes in the markets.. Shates mortgages etc.

compound that to selling up completely in their land of origin.. to negate income.. and an escape parachute 

???????? is not and never been your country to dictate terms... You are a tolerated guest at b st.. even if married to a Thai.

Amazing Thailand ????????  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, PREM-R said:

The Junta announced the visa changes outlined below, in November 2018.

Thaivisa.jpg

If that is indeed what the OP is referring to, then it would seem that (1) applying for a single entry tourist visa may grant a double entry one instead, and (2) no re-entry permit will be required when returning from a visit to a neighboring country.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourism: Thailand set to introduce "Double Tourist Visa", govt secretary

They don't want to come now because of the low exchange rate, high prices, rip-offs and nothing much new to do so they offer a double entry !!!

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Introduce whatever kind of tourist visa you want, wont make any difference.

The way immigration clowns are acting will only deter tourists.

With the baht being kept artificially high is just another way of sending tourists to other countries.

This so-called government have absolutely no idea how to run a country, tourists are put off by that as well

They are manipulating the baht same as they are manipulating the Euro, the Thai economy is really bad, and the economies arround EU member countries are bad as well. Something they have in common.

Edited by Totoandlilly
Haha
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, keith101 said:

When will they understand that it is the bad exchange rate that is keeping them away and is expected to get worse next year and a potential double entry visa might attract a few tourists but I doubt many would consider staying longer costing more money .

Best to Exit and never come back, it will happen

• Like 1

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Introduce whatever kind of tourist visa you want, wont make any difference.

The way immigration clowns are acting will only deter tourists.

With the baht being kept artificially high is just another way of sending tourists to other countries.

This so-called government have absolutely no idea how to run a country, tourists are put off by that as well.

AGREED!!  That is one of the major issue myself and other expats discussed, its the final nail in the coffin after deadliest roads, mandatory medical insurance, dealing with horrible immigrations attitude...why bother when there are so many other amazing options in asia, and I can take my thai wife with me to live.  Choose the path of least resistance...

• Like 2

Most countries that are serious about tourists already issue multi-entry tourist visas? Australia typically issues a 12 month multi-entry tourist visa (allowing up to 3 months stay at a time) even though it doesn't share any land borders.

4 hours ago, Boycie said:

Hopefully the METV will be changed to 1 year validity if a double entry tourist visa is introduced?

That would make sense considering this is the visa where they audit your finances for a holiday.

Note that because it makes sense it will NEVER EVER happen

Edited by ukrules