Just got my Thai Pension

I'll be able to collect mine in about 4 years from now. I'm under the belief that we have a choice of a lump sum or a pension of 3,000 baht a month.

At 3,000 baht a month would take about 5.5 years to recover the 200,000.

I will admit, I'm not sure as to which choice I will make.

49 minutes ago, mike123ca said:

I'll be able to collect mine in about 4 years from now. I'm under the belief that we have a choice of a lump sum or a pension of 3,000 baht a month.

At 3,000 baht a month would take about 5.5 years to recover the 200,000.

I will admit, I'm not sure as to which choice I will make.

Unless you are a Thai citizen, I don't think you have a choice. Lump sum only.

You could, however, continue to pay in voluntarily upon retirement to keep your health care coverage.   

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

@Neeranam How easy was it to get the payout? Where there any other options? Do you voluntarily continue to pay into the Social Fund each month?

Very easy. If you have worked for 15 years, you have the option of a monthly payment for life, but only about 3000 bHt.

24 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Unless you are a Thai citizen, I don't think you have a choice. Lump sum only.

You could, however, continue to pay in voluntarily upon retirement to keep your health care coverage.   

Everyone gets a choice. I have to go back to make a new card to continue health insurance, however it is the terrible khon kaen hospital, but they give a list of clinics that accept it.

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Everyone gets a choice. I have to go back to make a new card to continue health insurance, however it is the  <deleted> khon kaen hospital, but they give a list of clinics that accept it.

Not to derail the topic, but I have heard that the Khon Kaen hospital is one of the best gov't hospitals in the region, but the problem is that they are absolutely overloaded and the medical staff are overworked to the extreme.  

9 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Where do you buy gold coins in thailand? Do you have a link. Might be interested in this.

Since 2001 I bought the ingots, at 6000 baht. I sold all when it hit 27k about 7 years ago. Buy from any gold shop.

10 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Bitcoin for speculation. Gold if it's not on paper. No XRP. 

images (21).jpeg

Bitcoin has no utility, XRP is working with all the large banks in the world, i made a lot from it in 2017 when it increast by iver 30,000%

22 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Not to derail the topic, but I have heard that the Khon Kaen hospital is one of the best gov't hospitals in the region, but the problem is that they are absolutely overloaded and the medical staff are overworked to the extreme.  

No, i know many doctors and they all recommend Sri Nakarin. However they have stopped accepting. Luckily, I knownadministration at KK so get seen quickly.

25 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Bitcoin has no utility, XRP is working with all the large banks in the world, i made a lot from it in 2017 when it increast by iver 30,000%

Bitcoin remove banking from the bankster by decentralization. XRP give it back to them. Probably one of the worst "crypto" this year. But yeah they bought a lot of nice shinny office they bought by dumping XRP on their "investors". I'm pretty sure Ripple can succeed as a company but profit won't trickle down into their token. 

If you are serious about investing in crypto then checkout the DEFI revolution $SNX and decentralized oracle $LINK. 

15 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Bitcoin remove banking from the bankster by decentralization. XRP give it back to them. Probably one of the worst "crypto" this year. But yeah they bought a lot of nice shinny office they bought by dumping XRP on their "investors". I'm pretty sure Ripple can succeed as a company but profit won't trickle down into their token. 

If you are serious about investing in crypto then checkout the DEFI revolution $SNX and decentralized oracle $LINK. 

I disagree, but time will tell. I have BTC abd XRP

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Why not spend say Bht 150000 on beer, wine, women and ganja, and then just waste the rest !

28 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I am married and dont drink or smoke. But thanks for the advice.

Let that change upon retirement and really enjoy your Golden Years.

As Winston Churchill once said:  "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Got 200,000 today for paying 700 baht a month for 15 years or so.

I'd heard that if you worked for 15 or more years, then you would HAVE to take the monthly.  But less, you can take the one-time payout.  Odd rules, but you must have worked less than 15 years. 

4 hours ago, blackcab said:

@Neeranam How easy was it to get the payout? Where there any other options? Do you voluntarily continue to pay into the Social Fund each month?

I had ze ro issues collecting twice once 78K went back to work and 8 years later 83k just went to the SS office with notice of cancelled WP and filled out a form less than a week later was deposited into my Thai Bank. Both times

Archived