Just got my Thai Pension

2 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Where do you buy gold coins in thailand? Do you have a link. Might be interested in this.

Thai gold is about 96%. I’ve seen a couple of gold shops that sell the 9999 Suisse gold. The shop that I patronize also sell silver coins. However, I wouldn’t purchase silver from them. Way overpriced because they’re selling the artwork that’s etched onto the coin. I purchase bars. I’m still a neophyte at this but, thus far, I’ve been satisfied with my purchases of gold. When the gold prices were $1,200, $1,300 an oz, I would buy 10 grams or 20 grams, every month. For my retirement visa, when I needed 400,000 baht in a Thai bank, I just sold enough gold to meet the requirement. Luckily, the day I sold my gold, the price of gold was $1,550 an oz. I was happy. The Thai bank was happy and most important, the immigration office was happy. Currently, gold prices are hovering around $1,400 an oz. Do your research. I’ve only seen a couple of gold shops that deal in the Suisse gold.  

Keep 50,000 for your journey to the Temple and enjoy the rest , there are no pockets in shrouds you cannot take it with you but with 50k to spend that should be enough to get your mates a few beers to wish you good travel on your final journey.

35 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

I had ze ro issues collecting twice once 78K went back to work and 8 years later 83k just went to the SS office with notice of cancelled WP and filled out a form less than a week later was deposited into my Thai Bank. Both times

I didnt need cancelled WP, as i still have one. But had to wait until my work cancelled the payments.

4 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Keep 50,000 for your journey to the Temple and enjoy the rest , there are no pockets in shrouds you cannot take it with you but with 50k to spend that should be enough to get your mates a few beers to wish you good travel on your final journey.

Ive just turned 55, hopefully anither 20 years left!

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I'd heard that if you worked for 15 or more years, then you would HAVE to take the monthly.  But less, you can take the one-time payout.  Odd rules, but you must have worked less than 15 years. 

They told me, 1 hour ago, after 15 years, i have the option.

3 hours ago, hereforgood said:

I had ze ro issues collecting twice once 78K went back to work and 8 years later 83k just went to the SS office with notice of cancelled WP and filled out a form less than a week later was deposited into my Thai Bank. Both times

This was after age 55?

This has got me curious and just interested to hear if any way to get refunded payments and opt out if leaving the country.

I paid in or 10 years, but have not worked or paid in Thailand since 2019.

Just checked my contributions online and around 80k. 

But I'm 53, and doubt I will be around to collect at 55.

7 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Where do you buy gold coins in thailand? Do you have a link. Might be interested in this.

I dont know in Thailand. I buy mine in Norway and store them there. In Norway there is no tax on coins so thats the best choice. I always go for the purest 1 oz (0.999 purity).

If there is no tax on precious metals in Thailand I would probably prefer small bars. And buy for metal price, not "collectibles" unless rare old coins. Modern "collectible" coins are worthless beyond the metal value.

Historicaly silver is at a very low price compared to gold. Historicaly they used to follow in the 12-15 ratio (1 ounce gold to 12-15 ounces of silver). I see an upside to silver due to that and the fact that silver is used a lot for industrial purposes. So one can argue there is a possibility of speculation here, that silver will get a big increase in value.

However, the main purpose of holding physical gold/silver is protection of assets. So it all depends on your future plans and your current financial situation.

8 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Bitcoin remove banking from the bankster by decentralization. XRP give it back to them. Probably one of the worst "crypto" this year. But yeah they bought a lot of nice shinny office they bought by dumping XRP on their "investors". I'm pretty sure Ripple can succeed as a company but profit won't trickle down into their token. 

If you are serious about investing in crypto then checkout the DEFI revolution $SNX and decentralized oracle $LINK. 

I thought 'shinecoin' was big in Thailand. Maybe not so in Khon Kaen, but many farang in Pattaya seem to be in on it.

The OP should look into it.

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I thought 'shinecoin' was big in Thailand. Maybe not so in Khon Kaen, but many farang in Pattaya seem to be in on it.

The OP should look into it.

Thanks, but ive picked my horses.  Omisego is big in Thailand, i have a lot of that. Bought it at 20 baht 2 years ago and sold for 600+ a few weeks later.

19 minutes ago, William Osborne said:

Are people still actually buying crypto as investments .?? ...wow ????.

Find something that had better performance in the last 9 years? 

This year is not on the chart but it's over 100% YTD. 

images (21).jpeg

My question is exactly the opposite than your. 

Buy bitcoin at any exchange. Move it to a trezor hardware wallet for 5 yrs (no storage fees). dont lose your private keys. In 5 yrs sell your bitcoin. It will be above $100k per bitcoin. you will have turned 200k thb into millions of thb

dont waste your time with xrp. all the owners of ripple are selling off millions everyday. the price will always be surpressed. its too centralized

Archived