Warning, visa agency accessing immigration database

Why would anyone be stupid enough to give immigration your email address? Why would anyone be stupid to also put their email address on their arrival card? Well, I guess there are ones that do instead of leaving it blank or putting N/A.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Online 90 day reporting asks for your email...

They also ask it on your Arrival Card when entering the country. Why would you even give it to them on either of those forms? The problem is people don't use think before handing out all their personal info everywhere.

Edited by bbi1
  • Thanks 1

why not go to the Thai MFA website... (after all, ya'll are foreigners!

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/org-chart 

all the phone and email contacts are there...

Find an appropriate addressee, and Forward the entire received email; for Investigating a Suspected Breach of Security.  

A normal Agency would, just like a Bank, have a special email address; beginning with 'spoof@...' for Forwarding  suspected spoof/spam emails (that are pretending to be real) 

I couldn't quickly find a specifin Immigration Dept Contact (email address), that deals 'with' foreigners, but I'd say there must be one somewhere; probably in a similar format as follows:

Example: inside the Consular Affair Unit...

what about?:  

Visa and Travel Documents Division
Tel : 0-2575-1062-4 Fax : 0-2575-1066 Email : [email protected] ,[email protected]
ic-director-male.png Director - MR. DONNAWIT POOLSAWAT

give the headache to someone who's paid for dealing with headaches...  

the above dude should be qualified (intelligent?) enough to know who to on-Forward your enquiry to...

(across inter-departmental demarcations) 

I received that e-mail from Grace too a few days ago.

For some reason this agency knows that I am not in Thailand anymore, they know nationality and that I am well below 50. So they definitely got some data from Immigration.

They offered me a non-b visa for 25k (3 months) and 35k for 1y extension. I asked them to provide details as to how that is possible because they claim it is not a business visa but some kind of "foundation". I also asked about details on what reason they 1y extension of stay is based on to stay in the country. Also asked for written confirmation along with payment in office, that they fully refund everything if Immigration does not do it. Asked for "entry rules", if airports could be used or just some corrupt border they specify.

They did not answer anything - just some vague one sentence reply.

Just a scam IMO. And I really thought for a minute there is the new "1y Elite visa" for those who want to be flexible ????

And there I was after 4 years thinking their website was finally safe & secure, ready to do my 90 days next month, just after I did my 1st TM30 report online last month, oooops, maybe not so sure now, no doubt Grace has access to my email through me lodging my TM 30 report, which reminds me, I didn't get a receipt ?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

How did immigration get your email address. I have never had to put it on anything I have done at immigration.

Have you done online 90 day reports or registered to do TM30 reports online?

They ask for it on the TM6

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

How did immigration get your email address. I have never had to put it on anything I have done at immigration.

Have you done online 90 day reports or registered to do TM30 reports online?

If you apply for tm30 online and 90 day report you give your email address, I had an email this week from agent probably the same one, the only place they could have gotten it from is immigration database or the Bank here.

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

I don't think this would be classed as a leak, it is a severe breach of data protection by an official government agency, this is a very serious issue and should not be taken lightly  

Isn't she meant to be married to an officer that is passing the info on to drum up business?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

I don't think this would be classed as a leak, it is a severe breach of data protection by an official government agency, this is a very serious issue and should not be taken lightly  

Thais responsible would just regard it as a clever idea for promoting their business.  When IOs already hand out recycled paper containing personal details to all and sundry, why would anyone care? 

Edited by mngmn
  • Like 2