Motorbike First Class Insurance.

NoshowJones

My insurance runs out on Dec 2nd, My insurance is with Tokio Marine, I have tried phoning them, emailing them. texting them and 

cannot get in touch, I am leaving on a 4 day road trip on same date.

I have been insured with them for five years now and every year except this one they have sent me a letter for payment, this time

they never, if I cannot get my payment to them, their own fault, before Dec 2nd and have an accident, will they still pay out?

It's a risk you don't want to take (not being insured). 

Plan the alternative cover now - Visit your dealership (where you purchased the motorcycle) and ask if they can recommend cover or a broker. Friends may also be able to recommend the broker they use.

After the first years free insurance (on cars or bikes) is up I use a broker to deal with the insurance from there on in. I've found dealing with a broker the way to do things with insurance. For some reason the actual insurance company seems not to want direct contact with customers and they rely on brokers for insurance sales. 

In finding a good broker you will be sent a 'range' of cover and you can chose whichever you prefer. 

I got 1st class on my Yamaha Aerox 155 through Viriya.  At 1st they didn't want to issue me a policy saying that it was usually only for "Big Bikes" but I told them that I wanted the coverage so they issued my 1st Tier (1st class) policy for 2000 baht a year.  I just wanted the best theft/accident/injury and bail money policy I could get (just in case).

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

I got my policy with LMG insurance through https://www.roojai.com/

Cheaper than my previous Viriya policy and even a bit higher limits. Also cheaper than what AA insurance brokers could offer me.

I've tried their tool with my Africa Twin, result: "Sorry. To keep premiums low for all our customers we unfortunately do not insure this bigbike model (#105)". Do too many people crash this bike? Why not just increase the premium for this model if that is the case? Just wondering.

Then I tried with my old CBR500R and the premium would be over 11k. The first year 1st class was 12k for this bike and should be way lower now. Similar with my Ducati Scrambler. They want about 18k, same like the first year for this bike but it's from 2015.

Also these two policies had big excesses/deductibles. The CBR 5k and the Ducati 10k.

So far, seems not very interesting to me. I currently don't have 1st class for these two bikes as I don't ride them too much so don't know what others would offer.

Would you mind posting your bike and premiums you got from both? Would be interesting to compare.

33 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Would you mind posting your bike and premiums you got from both? Would be interesting to compare.

Triumph Tiger 800

Viriyah about 33k

I forgot which insurance company it was through AA brokers, but was about 28k

LMG through Roojai about 23k

All with 10k deductible

Because i was interested in the Africa Twin at first i saw that when buying the insurance through the Honda big bike shop that it's just something like 17k, i was quite surprised when i bought the Triumph. I guess they get good deals because of the number of bikes. Triumph doesn't have any deal with an insurance company.

On 11/28/2019 at 4:28 PM, canthai55 said:

Used Tokio Marine for years

For motorcycles they deal with Siam Cosmos

Never an issue with either. Get new policy in the mail from both, along with a due date to pay.

Painless

Yes, mine was painless until now, after having no problem for five years I am still waiting for my policy in the post, they have only sent one in a text message.

On 11/28/2019 at 4:29 PM, canthai55 said:

AA Insurance Brokers very good to deal with. Prompt, efficient, fluent English spoken

Yes I tried them, but unlike in the UK, if you change your provider your no claims bonus does not follow you, and AA wanted me to start again at over 6000Bt for 1st class while my insurance at Tokio Marine was only 3.500Bt.

Archived